Some Parents

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Some Parents

Post by Blade »

Are complete and utter tw@ts (swear)

Just took 11 kids bowling, took them out for a meal and bought them all Easter eggs and one Chav parent can't even turn up on time to collect their child we have minded for 3 hours.

50 minutes late the selfish chav b@stard turned up. After a great afteroon out for my lads birthday we spent an extra 50 minutes waiting outside the resturant for a complete stranger to collect their child.

The missus spoke to him as I may have seen my arse tbh and didn't want my son to see that or the little girl with horrible parents to be embarrassed any more than she already was. My son obviously knows here but me and my wife had never met her or her parents before so she obviously felt awkward and we did our best to reassure her all was OK.

Our fault but we didn't even have a phone number (lesson learnt their) so my wife was nearly phoning the police as really didn't know how to resolve things. Luckily I held her off phoning the Kops and luckily the chav parent then turned up. Only reason I didn't let the missus phone the old bill or clock into the chav wanker was I knew if we made it into a scene the only person who would suffer would be the little girl who was such a polite and lovely girl.

I'm pleased I bit my tongue and did what I feel was the right thing to do but god it was hard.

At the end of the day her parents knew nothing about us if we were also thoughtless selfish chav's we could have abandon their daughter and walked off leaving her to wait on her own. I would never dream of doing that but in all honesty I don't think the chav parent would have minded.

We have learnt some lessons today but I can't help but be infuriated by some parents behaviour.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: Some Parents

Post by duke63 »

Sadly too many selfish people in this world.

Unbelievably they should be late when they don't even know you.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I couldn't agree more Blade. I used to be a football coach. And it surprised me that a few parents couldn't be bothered to turn up to pick up their own child from footy...and in most cases couldn't be arsed to even take their child to footy.

I am all for letting the kid make their own way to where they need to be...its how I learned and if I ever have kids I won't be wrapping them up in cotton wool like some people do nowadays

However when the child turns up not in correct kit - bearing in mind accidents happen so shin pads is a must and when the kid turns up late and when they don't even have water with them even on the hottest of days...this really grinds my gears.

We had a a couple of kids doing this week in week out but the one that I couldn't stand was the child who was brought up in a very wealthy family where the parents were office jockeys but work all the time (had no time for their kids) and I was left constantly waiting for the parents to turn up (or let the kid make their own way home - field was just down the road when playing outside in summer hours), the parents excuses were they didn't realise the time, they didn't know what time it finished, they had work to do, sometimes they just turned up picked the kid up and walked off.

If they don't have time for them why did they have them!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Unfortunately your both right and some parents are very selfish and you wonder why they have them.

If the kid was a dog a reputable breeder would stop them from becoming an owner. Unfortunately any idiot can be and quite often is a parent.
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Post by Godzilla »

Don't get me started on this. As a teacher I could rant for hours if I get started.

Blade you did right. Its not that little girls fault what her parents are like, and the need to see good behaviour of their friends parents even more.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers Jon totally agree mate.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

You were very restrained, probably more so than I would of been .

I used to be the parent who had the kids to stay at weekends and I mean from Friday after school until Monday,. My house was always full of sproglets. One even stayed 18 months without a penny keep.

Yet when I wanted a weekend away I asked one particular parent to look after mine and guess what the answer was? a resounding NO.

I sometimes wonder why some people bother having kids as half the time they can't be bothered.

I went to my grandsons sports day and was horrified at the school gates. Young girls who I presume were parents, smoking and swearing and generally behaving like trolls. What hope do these kids have with parents like these ??

Yes I am a smoker but wouldn't dream of sparking up at the school gate
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Blade

Post by Blade »

People are vetted to keep animals but sadly any idiot can have a child and ironically in a lot of cases its the bad parents who have the most.

I remember when I was an apprentice many moons ago some idiot saying his partner was pregnant and he was well chuffed as it meant more social so they would be better off. Doesn't even warrant a reply IMO.
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Post by Godzilla »

Not quite, social services do take some children and put into foster, but I know and agree with the point you are making.

I remember a program on TV where there was a single mum with 6 kids and the benefits she got paid to her were greater than my take home pay. And she had never worked.Made my blood boil.
bb41

Post by bb41 »

What I don't get is my eldest daughter has a 10 year old boy, father has never paid a bean. Her income is hovering on poverty line and she works.
She spent 2 months on job seekers and she literally couldn't survive .

Yet some of these people run cars, have the latest gizmos , smoke, drink and are sat on their arse all day . I'd love to know how they get it.

Any way getting away from OP.

That has happened to me and after that i delivered the kids back home myself or they stayed over until the next morning depending.

This went on until my youngest was about 18 and having 4-5 giggly tipsy girlies coming in at stupid o clock was always trying :D ., but this morning she will be waking up in South Africa's Savannah game reserve high on life I would imagine
Blade

Post by Blade »

I m sure she is having a lovely time and it will be a life long memory of an amazing trip (y)
bb41

Post by bb41 »

I'm sure she is,I regret not doing so many things when I was younger.

I'm not brave enough now :(
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Good effort Blade, resisting having a go at the chav must have taken some patience. More than I have I think.

Sad. Got to feel sorry for the child IMO.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Mrs Gee also works with kids in junior school, and tbh the ignorance and fecklessness of some parents beggars belief, not only do they not care where their kids are, they don't feed them either - she has ended up giving some of these kids her own lunch because they were so hungry - to the point of exhaustion occaisionally. The parents of these poor unfortunate kids have Iphones and ciggies and behave as if life is a soap opera, as said previously if they were vetted they'd be banned from having kids for life.

My slightly eccentric old Art Teacher told our class at14yrs old we all ought to have our genitals confiscated at 12 and handed back at 21 when we could pass an exam in parenthood and were responsible adults. Strangely enough, the older I get the more sympathy I have for his point of view.
bb41

Post by bb41 »

Deegee wrote:
My slightly eccentric old Art Teacher told our class at14yrs old we all ought to have our genitals confiscated at 12 and handed back at 21 when we could pass an exam in parenthood and were responsible adults. Strangely enough, the older I get the more sympathy I have for his point of view.
Some should never have them handed back !!!!
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

I completely agree that I cannot stand parents that don't mind their children, and absolutely understand your feelings, but something that stood out in your statement was that the little girl was "lovely and polite". Therefore, her parents are probably doing something right, as she probably didn't get that way on her own. Either that, or she has a positive semi-permanent influence in her daily life such as a grandparent. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not criticizing you for feeling negative about their lack of responsibility, but rather posing the possibility that they are doing some good things with her as well.
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Blade

Post by Blade »

Fair comment Mac but in all honesty from the brief moment me and my wife met the parent I would probably have to disagree.

If there is a positive influence I think it will be a grand parent or a teacher tbh. I know from experience that teachers these days don't just teach academically but also morally, socially and physically as so many parents are void of actual parenting skills, time,,patients or love for their children.