Black Lives Matter

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by Kwacky »

https://twitter.com/JurneeAgbowu/status ... 12038?s=09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

There's no excuse for looting, those people are idiots ruining the protests. I'm 100% on the side of the people who have been wronged.

It makes me angry even though I'm not one of those people facing adversity. I don't understand some people - by some people I of course mean those in charge.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Cav wrote:There's no excuse for looting, those people are idiots ruining the protests. I'm 100% on the side of the people who have been wronged...
+1..
It's the idiots & the opportunists that do the looting & create the havoc & destruction. Aside from the media attention their actions attract, their antics undermine the credibility & integrity of the legitimate protestors imho.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Drew Brees, QB for the New Orleans Saints, has kicked off another race row in the NFL over his comments about people disrespecting the US flag by kneeling during national anthems.

The NFL lost a shed load of cash a few years back when the SF49ers quarterback started to take a knee during the playing of the national anthem. He was protesting about the treatment of black americans by US police and was part of the Black Lives Matter movement. Despite Colin Kaepernick being a very gifted QB, he's not worked since.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I haven't heard/read the comments he made, but he has since apologized for them.
And he didn't try to "walk it back" either....admitted he was wrong, his comments were wrong, and that he had completely missed the mark when he spoke.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

There's one thing in all of this which confuses me. In a lot of these clips showing alleged racial attacks on black citizens there are black cops doing the beating on black citizens.

I'm unsure what to take from that observation. Were these particular videos bad examples as the citizen was being difficult and therefore "deserved" it in the eyes of the cop, or do some black cops come from a place of privilege that also partake in the social injustice of black people in America?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's standard practice to see black cops acting the same as white cops. You'll often hear black people call black cops "Uncle Tom" which is about as bad an insult can get for black people.
D41

Post by D41 »

Cav wrote:There's one thing in all of this which confuses me. In a lot of these clips showing alleged racial attacks on black citizens there are black cops doing the beating on black citizens.
Sounds about right. There are few things more prejudiced in this country, than a black man in a position of authority over other blacks.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

This crap will not change as long as the human race continues not to see every human being as a human being.
Even if aliens invaded the earth we would see people siding with the aliens against their fellow human.

As perky said earlier, regardless of the tone of your skin nobody should be treated that way by anybody.... white people have had the same treatment by the cops, Dallas and Tony Timpa was highlighted recently. If you are employed to do a job you should do it in the correct manner. especially roles like this. If you are not able to take do the job, do something else. Believe me I watched a woman taunting a US police person on the front line, almost poking them in the eye with the constant barrage of abuse and handing waving and poking at ( I can only assume abuse I could not hear what was said ) I dont believe she was asking if the copper wanted cake! The point being I could not take that, hence why i am not a policeman, not the job for me. But this copper stood and took this, as they had to do the job at hand.

As you see on so many stories, of kids, young children hugging each other, playing enjoying each others company, racists are not born they are created, that the sadness about the human race, as is the greed and lack of respect.

I for one do not agree with the racism that has been around for ever! and the way that people were enslaved, but anyone who thinks this is (IN TODAY'S) world is purely a black thing is in cloud cuckoo land, slavery & people trafficking is as real as it ever was and your ethnic background is not the deciding factor.

Like all protests for whatever subject over the past 20 years, the scum elements of the nations use these as a vehicle to act as criminals, looting and other violence, our news outlets with their lack of investigations, lump everyone into the same melting pot of sound bites and video clips.

I know there is injustice in the world, and people have the right to stand up and be counted, but there are too many inside and outside elements ready to stir the pot to their own ends every time and we end up with more destruction.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

James Cordon is doing videos on white privilege so for that very reason im out :)
bye
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's going to kick off this weekend. Loads of bored EDL lads are off to London to protect statues. They're not needed as the stairs have been boarded up. So you've got a load of right wing blokes who will be bored in the same place as the left leaning protestors who will have far left trouble makers in their ranks.
D41

Post by D41 »

Is that the Tom Robinson (????) bloke you guys have posted about in the past??

Or is that a singer?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Tommy Robinson. Or Stephen Yaxley-Lennon to use his real name.

Yep, he's a ring leader for the far right. The usual "I'm a patriot just speaking by mind" crap as his rally cry.
D41

Post by D41 »

Thanks. That's right...I seem to recall seeing one of his "promotional videos" a year or two ago. The Yaxley name rings a bell. Kind of vicious prick IIRC.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Kwacky wrote:It's going to kick off this weekend. Loads of bored EDL lads are off to London to protect statues. They're not needed as the stairs have been boarded up. So you've got a load of right wing blokes who will be bored in the same place as the left leaning protestors who will have far left trouble makers in their ranks.
Riots on the streets, mass unemployment, worst month for the economy in 300 years, more people died since xmas in decades.....

Boris is an expert of one thing only......**** ups.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I have to say its not easy having a Jamaican girlfriend with all this shit going on
D41

Post by D41 »

How so, if you don't mind me asking????
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D41 wrote:How so, if you don't mind me asking????
there is a little bit of racial tension in the air at the moment and KFC has been shut :D
D41

Post by D41 »

Perkles wrote:
D41 wrote:How so, if you don't mind me asking????
and KFC has been shut :D

:D :D :D. Yep, that'd do it.