Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Topics covering world politics and political events. To hide this section go to your control panel and join the group "Hide Politics"
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:The same Tories who got rid of the pandemic preparations?

They've failed. They've had to spend to cover up those failings. Yes they've had to take steps and some of those have been good but how many could have been avoided? The decision not to react, to ignore scientific advice, to leave the borders open, to delay testing, to reject help with tracking, to them screw up the tracking system, to give contracts for PPE to companies that didn't exist until a few weeks ago, to constantly change their minds with the advice we're given.

They have monumentally **** up and it's cost us thousands in lives and billions of pounds.
I would agree with alot of that and Im far from happy with alot of the decisions and policies, but my point stands the Government has had little choice but to spend billions extra in this pandemic, its not because it suits them as was suggested.
Last edited by Blade on 20 Jul 2020, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I would hazard a guess that were it not for Brexit happening then they would not have supported the economy as they have. They are still taking a monumental risk that the economy will not tank in the early part of next year.
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:I would hazard a guess that were it not for Brexit happening then they would not have supported the economy as they have. They are still taking a monumental risk that the economy will not tank in the early part of next year.
I would hazard a guess, if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.

The none guessing based statement of this post, is they have supported the economy.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

They have gone above and beyond pretty much every other country. I wonder why?

And it’s been abused on a significant scale.
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:They have gone above and beyond pretty much every other country. I wonder why?

And it’s been abused on a significant scale.
Yes we can agree on that. It is being abused and I'm not happy about that.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

And in more good news today we have been informed NSW govt now deem us international travellers and we have to apply for an exemption from self funded hotel quarantine each trip home, self isolate for 14 days and have a COVID test at 10 days.

If we get caught breaking the self isolation we will lose our exemptions for that and every other future trip and be fined.

(facepalm)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I saw yesterday that those self same quarantine quarters had become infected with covid due to the security staff.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote:And in more good news today we have been informed NSW govt now deem us international travellers and we have to apply for an exemption from self funded hotel quarantine each trip home, self isolate for 14 days and have a COVID test at 10 days.

If we get caught breaking the self isolation we will lose our exemptions for that and every other future trip and be fined.

(facepalm)
;( (sweat)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

duke63 wrote:I saw yesterday that those self same quarantine quarters had become infected with covid due to the security staff.
This new wave all started in Victoria because a security guard had sex with a quarantined returned OS traveller and then took it home to his Sudanese extended family, who them had a illegal even more extended family gathering and infected people in 9 high rise public housing towers.

They claimed it wasn’t their fault because they don’t understand English and weren’t aware of the rules (facepalm)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

kiwikrasher wrote:
duke63 wrote:I saw yesterday that those self same quarantine quarters had become infected with covid due to the security staff.
This new wave all started in Victoria because a security guard had sex with a quarantined returned OS traveller and then took it home to his Sudanese extended family, who them had a illegal even more extended family gathering and infected people in 9 high rise public housing towers.

They claimed it wasn’t their fault because they don’t understand English and weren’t aware of the rules (facepalm)
I really detest that pathetic sort of mitigation.
Ignorance is not innocence.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:

I really detest that pathetic sort of mitigation.
Ignorance is not innocence.
totally, and if your English is good enough to hold a security job, and follow instructions and directions, then it's good enough to follow the rules and inform your family who's English is not adequate or the requirements and why.

But I daresay someone that shags a quarantine traveller while they themselves are supposed to be enforcing said quarantine aren't the type that would bother trying to protect his migrant community.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Yeah well....you don't exactly have to be Robert Oppenheimer to get a job as a security guard. It's typically a very low-level er, "field of endeavour".
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:Yeah well....you don't exactly have to be Robert Oppenheimer to get a job as a security guard. It's typically a very low-level er, "field of endeavour".
Every other state has been using police and military personnel to secure quarantine situations. The Premier of VIC turned down an offer of military personnel from the PM and instead opted for private security.... and low and behold VIC have a quarantine breakout (headbang)
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

I hear on the news that President Chump is now promoting the adoption of face masks in the USA.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

By the time November comes around, he will put the USA on lockdown so they cannot vote him out.

Sounds like the virus is out of control there. The news that there is probably not going to be any herd immunity with this virus, has shot is argument to pieces.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

StMarks wrote:I hear on the news that President Chump is now promoting the adoption of face masks in the USA.

?????? Really?
We've been wearing them for months.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

kiwikrasher wrote:And in more good news today we have been informed NSW govt now deem us international travellers and we have to apply for an exemption from self funded hotel quarantine each trip home, self isolate for 14 days and have a COVID test at 10 days.

(facepalm)
It's just gets better, NSW Health have now decided we have to have a negative COVID test result prior to be given an exempt from hotel quarantine arriving back home. So my trip home is delayed by minimum 24 hrs to be tested in Darwin. I leave the platform on Wednesday and the company still have no idea how to facilitate this logistically, so a day late home is best case atm.

All the other states have given exemptions from isolation due to the companies COVID action plans and procedures, once again my luck failed me.

So once I do get home and finish home isolation I'm going to be facing two situations;

If my area is still not a designated hot spot- I won't be able to venture outside of my council area for my remaining two weeks break to anywhere else in greater Sydney as they are all designated hot spots.

If my area is a a hot spot or I venture into a hot spot- I have 7 days of full freedom to roam within current NSW restrictions, leave for work a week early and do 14 days of isolation at the Govt. facility in NT at the cost of AU$2500 to myself.

My other options are stay in Darwin for my break and have full freedom but means I won't see Jess or the kids for 10 weeks minimum.

Stay home leave no pay which will be 2 months of pay minimum (one swing)

I hate my job right now.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

kiwikrasher wrote:

(facepalm)
It's just gets better, NSW Health have now decided we have to have a negative COVID test result prior to be given an exempt from hotel quarantine arriving back home. So my trip home is delayed by minimum 24 hrs to be tested in Darwin. I leave the platform on Wednesday and the company still have no idea how to facilitate this logistically, so a day late home is best case atm.

All the other states have given exemptions from isolation due to the companies COVID action plans and procedures, once again my luck failed me.

So once I do get home and finish home isolation I'm going to be facing two situations;

If my area is still not a designated hot spot- I won't be able to venture outside of my council area for my remaining two weeks break to anywhere else in greater Sydney as they are all designated hot spots.

If my area is a a hot spot or I venture into a hot spot- I have 7 days of full freedom to roam within current NSW restrictions, leave for work a week early and do 14 days of isolation at the Govt. facility in NT at the cost of AU$2500 to myself.

My other options are stay in Darwin for my break and have full freedom but means I won't see Jess or the kids for 10 weeks minimum.

Stay home leave no pay which will be 2 months of pay minimum (one swing)

I hate my job right now.
Tough call mate. :(
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Bloody hell mate... they're keeping it nice and simple for you aren't they. What a load of sh!t!
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blimey Kiwi.

What have your employer said? Would they help with quarantine costs?