Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Topics covering world politics and political events. To hide this section go to your control panel and join the group "Hide Politics"
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Post by D41 »

Is that Wilfred Brambell
...??
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Interesting that immunity systems and a lack of it in many people is coming to the fore now.

I don't think there ill be a vaccine for this, we are probably going to have to learn to live with it and improve our way of living.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52754280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I find it really fascinating that a group of proteins are so effective at coming up with a way to attack us. I know it's morbid but the science is amazing. There's no conscious thought, it's just something that's become very good at being distributed and doing its job.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

duke63 wrote:Interesting that immunity systems and a lack of it in many people is coming to the fore now.

I don't think there ill be a vaccine for this, we are probably going to have to learn to live with it and improve our way of living.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52754280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lack of immunity is from processed food ,multiple vaccines,not playing in the dirt and eating mud as a kid etc etc etc dont get me started on this !
I think most of us agree on here the world needs a big rewind and reset
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Perkles wrote:
duke63 wrote:Interesting that immunity systems and a lack of it in many people is coming to the fore now.

lack of immunity is from processed food ,multiple vaccines,not playing in the dirt and eating mud as a kid etc etc etc dont get me started on this !
I agree, but unfortunately British society are lazy and would rather have a pill to fix it than stop eating maccy D's and guzzling lattes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D6Nutz wrote:
Perkles wrote:

I agree, but unfortunately British society are lazy and would rather have a pill to fix it than stop eating maccy D's and guzzling lattes.

yesterday again at a local river there were fast food wrappers everywhere and I have to say gas canisters from cyclists they should be ashamed
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Now KFC has reopened in Basingstoke there a fast food wrappers littering the sides of the roads again. There is also that horrid lingering smell you get from fast food places

I really wish the police/councils would have a crack down on waste/litter.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:I find it really fascinating that a group of proteins are so effective at coming up with a way to attack us. I know it's morbid but the science is amazing. There's no conscious thought, it's just something that's become very good at being distributed and doing its job.
(shake)

Finally you can you see there is a God.!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

There's no conscious thought, it's just something that's become very good at being distributed and doing its job.
Sounds just like my Jizz :)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Not sure the gas canisters will be cyclists mate.

I've seen them all over in random spots. I asked someone and was told on certain ones you can get a high from the gas. Not sure how or even what gas it is tbh, or if true but thats what I was told.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Kwacky wrote:I find it really fascinating that a group of proteins are so effective at coming up with a way to attack us. I know it's morbid but the science is amazing. There's no conscious thought, it's just something that's become very good at being distributed and doing its job.
Can't remember if i posted this up here before, but a few weeks ago a scientist was saying how viruses have always jumped species and this process is a huge part of why life on this planet is not one single species.

As the virus jumps a species, that species either adapts and improves to combat it, or it dies.

Evolution is a fascinating thing.

At one workplace a few years ago i was working with a student who graduated from Warivck Uni with a first in biology. I learned so much from him about evolution and the differences between viruses and bacteria. He did extensive research in why the bee population is struggling and the theory they worked on is that pesticides are a drug to bees, and they will continously keep going to crops with pesticides as it gives them a high,,,until they die from poisoning.

Our existence on this planet is very fragile.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:...Our existence on this planet is very fragile.
Have you ever read the book "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson.?

Fwiw, probably my favourite ever "factual" book, and one that I can go back to again and again.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

StMarks wrote:
Have you ever read the book "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson.?

Fwiw, probably my favourite ever "factual" book, and one that I can go back to again and again.
In my opinion the world really starting to go wrong when Greggs introduced "Vegan Sausage Rolls"
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

there seems to be a pandemic of dodgy e-mails this last week mostly purporting to be HMRC , TVLA and Paypal but also a couple from banks (not my bank so were easy to spot ).
duke63

Post by duke63 »

StMarks wrote:

No mate.

I've read A Brief History Of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari.
That's a game changer in terms of understanding how we have evolved and how we are where we are now, rather than the religious nonsense they would prefer you believe.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Jack wrote:there seems to be a pandemic of dodgy e-mails this last week mostly purporting to be HMRC , TVLA and Paypal but also a couple from banks (not my bank so were easy to spot ).
I'm getting so many fake Paypal emails, an email from Nancy about 3-layer masks, and the usual array of Canadian Pharmacy and CBD Oils. Quite a few iTunes ones too actually which is funny as I haven't used that account in a decade.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Stood in a queue outside the chemist, then halfords and then the supermarket.

Its fine in fair weather like this, but I wonder if we are stilling doing this in December, if people will be willing to que outside in the cold, wind and rain
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Blade wrote:Not sure the gas canisters will be cyclists mate.

I've seen them all over in random spots. I asked someone and was told on certain ones you can get a high from the gas. Not sure how or even what gas it is tbh, or if true but thats what I was told.
It's nitrous oxide, and you can indeed get high from it. Normally the gas is used in whipped cream dispensers, hence they're known as "whip-its".
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-52780561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 - grade A twat.
2 - if he does go, watch Boris start flapping like a fish out of water.

duke63

Post by duke63 »

Boris and his cronies have made some big enemies in his own Party.