Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Topics covering world politics and political events. To hide this section go to your control panel and join the group "Hide Politics"
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Post by Cav »

It angers me how many people defend Boris and his crew, saying, "give him a break". No. I won't give him a break because no one else gets a flipping break.

2nd largest death toll in the world, that doesn't happen if you really try to save your country.

Italy are 3rd by a few thousand. Their death growth began 2 weeks earlier to us, yet nothing was learned from the invaluable information they provided us with.

1 word to describe them? Moronic.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

"potentially ineffective, date-expired stock"?????

That's a bit of a stretch, I think.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

take a closer look at the figures and how they are compiled , many countries are not counting deaths that happen outside of a hospital , not everyone who dies has been tested so many countries figures are inaccurate , I certainly do not believe China escaped so lightly . I am not saying the Government is doing a good job but there is an awful lot of political point-scoring going on and the press are not helping in any way.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The job of the Press is to question the Government, if they did not do it, no one else would and then we would never find the truth.

Is it helpful? No. Is it unhelpful? Yes, but only to the Government. The Govt chose to have daily updates.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Jack wrote:take a closer look at the figures and how they are compiled , many countries are not counting deaths that happen outside of a hospital , not everyone who dies has been tested so many countries figures are inaccurate , I certainly do not believe China escaped so lightly . I am not saying the Government is doing a good job but there is an awful lot of political point-scoring going on and the press are not helping in any way.
Totally agree with Jack and not defending the government but looking at total deaths by country is totally meaningless.

It doesn't take into account population, reporting accuracy, as Jack says which deaths are recorded and which aren't , population density, or the fact London is the most densely populated city in Europe.

You may as well compare apples with speckled blue mackeral livers. That's not to say our governments apples are the best they can be either. Simply that total death comparisons by nation is pretty pointless.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Perkles wrote:if these people in government were running a private sector business they would be signing on for unemployment benefit
It simply isnt good enough
Sadly all to common with many public sector bodies
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:The job of the Press is to question the Government, if they did not do it, no one else would and then we would never find the truth.

Is it helpful? No. Is it unhelpful? Yes, but only to the Government. The Govt chose to have daily updates.
Tbh Duke the job of the press is to sell papers and news stories. Sadly these days, it seems that bad news sells better than good news, so thats all we hear.

The presses script is look for a problem, a fook up, a disaster, some scandal, anything along as its a sh1tstorm slagging some cu#t off.

Thats not praising the goverment by the way, its slagging the press off. Their about as fair and neutral, as Nazi's at a Bar Mitzvah
D41

Post by D41 »

I think you can compare countries, but it's only of limited use to do so.
The real benchmark to go by is how were we before, what are we doing now, and what are we planning for the future. And the results as they play out.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

The newspapers will be gone in five years. They are no longer representative of anyone other than a few very wealthy, usually tax dodging, twats.

Interesting how some Govt ministers were asking people to go out and buy them a few weeks ago, as they knew they were losing their mouthpiece.
D41

Post by D41 »

Many will be gone. Hell...many are ALREADY gone. The remainder will merge with others in the same position, and maybe sharpen their focus??
It's the media after all, they're constantly shifting their platform...at least, they always have in the past.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

UK Government twats have U turned on quarantine for people coming in from France now. They only did a joint statement with France a week ago saying it wouldn't be necessary each way. Nothing has changed in France. They have a plan and a government that announced cast iron measures weeks in advance.

Useless turds in the UK government are in chaos - what a joke.

OK - i'll cancel a load of plans for the second time because of the joke of a UK government. Whoever voted for these nobbers needs a long look at themselves - sorry but no clarity, lots of changes of mind - what a way to run a country. Its shameful and embarassing.

Article for reference. https://www.connexionfrance.com/French- ... ordination
Blade

Post by Blade »

Sorry its scrubbered your plans Cookie but tbh, reading the link you posted, it looks like pressure from the EU forced the U turn.

"EU warning the UK not to single out one nation, and some experts suggesting that the exemption would be unworkable."

And to be fair their right imo. We can't have one rule for everyone, but with an exception for one country we like.

Hope your plans are not derailed too bad and you can reschedule soon. Stay safe and enjoy the beautiful French countryside on your bikes (lol)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

This change does not affect arrivals from the Republic of Ireland, who will still be exempt from quarantine

They need to make their minds up
Blade

Post by Blade »

They most certainly do Kwacky, I fully agree.

I don't have an issue with them changing the position on arrivals from France, and I personally don't see that as weak leadership (it takes courage to undo what was wrong). Where there was weak leadership was allowing it in the first place.

People have been rightly saying we should have temporarily restricted foreign arrivals into the UK earlier or placed them under quarantine restrictions upon arrival, to stop the spread of CV19.

We need a strong, clear and consistent message to be given out. Strong leadership should be bold enough to say NO when its appropriate and in the public and nations interest to do so.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

They should have restricted travel to and from the UK in January - you wouldn't have had the mess your living in now.

Doing it now is too late. The horse has bolted. You can't run a country constantly changing your mind.

I'm not bothered too much about my travel plans, I worry about the mess the UK is leaving itself in.
Blade

Post by Blade »

We are on the same page Cookie and sorry again your plans have been scuppered.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Btw what has happened to that turd Boris? I bet he is gone by Xmas.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote:Btw what has happened to that turd Boris? I bet he is gone by Xmas.
Ha ha ha.... Not a chance, too many people are misguided and think they're doing an amazing job under the circumstances.

They've put him back in his box until they need another 3 word slogan he can cope with.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I still think his Party will get rid of him.

I suspect the pressure, on top of the illness, has made him unfit for the job. He can't hide forever.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

duke63 wrote:Btw what has happened to that turd Boris? I bet he is gone by Xmas.
Paternity leave