Project Fear

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Project Fear

Post by Kwacky »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50205951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No pigs in blankets this year because of brexit
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Project Fear

Post by Rossgo »

What utter dribble!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:

No pigs in blankets this year because of brexit
So, this is where the British public draws a line in the sand, eh?? :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Well they didn't care about the fruit left to rot. No wonder we've got an obesity crisis!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ta-reveals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/strawberrie ... xit-509997" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think everyone who voted Leave should volunteer.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I don't believe the people who voted leave should. People who voted leave, work or have worked eg retired now. So unsure what you are getting at with this. I've never been without a job since 17

I believe the government should get the people who don't work, into jobs like this. We pay people to sit on their arse all day. They get rent paid for, food, water, internet and sky all paid for and yet don't have to lift a finger. These people are the prefect candidates for these jobs. They are lazy fecks and need to be forced

Queue - thats far too harsh and people have their reasons for not working and that's only a small percentage

C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

76705156_974740149556648_2947000722207539200_n.jpg
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo wrote:
I believe the government should get the people who don't work, into jobs like this. We pay people to sit on their arse all day. They get rent paid for, food, water, internet and sky all paid for and yet don't have to lift a finger. These people are the prefect candidates for these jobs. They are lazy fecks and need to be forced
I think that's a great idea.

We should chain them up as well to stop them from running away.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Why should employers take up the task of making the lazy get off their arses and work?

That is a recipe for companies going bust very quickly. Its not their responsibility. They want staff who will work and turn up to work - which is why there are so many foreign people working in the UK.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Didn't say employers I said government..if people want houses (rent) water, sky etc paid for then they should go out and earn it eg no more free places and free healthcare for people who put nothing into the system.

Government should be introducing systems where if you have no job after 3 month maybe 6 months then they should turn up to the job centres and be allocated jobs, if they fail to fulfil their work then house gets taken away. It would be one sure way of getting them into work as they won't want to go back to no place.

Unsure why you guys would fight on this subject. It may even help some people get their self respect back for getting a job and earning and feeling like they matter again. Or is it just because it's an idea and people want to knock anything down.

StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:
Rossgo wrote:

Fwiw I have a lot of sympathy for Rossgo's frustration. Imo the welfare system should exist to support those in need. It is unfair that it can be used as a facility for those who don't want to contribute, to live a cosseted carefree existence at the cost to the rest of us.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I'm not sure the unemployable actually live a cosseted carefree existence.

Sounds like another Daily Mail soundbite.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

If people don't want to work they're not going to....whether they have a job or not makes little difference....they're still going to be non-productive.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

duke63 wrote:I'm not sure the unemployable actually live a cosseted carefree existence.

Some people refer to doll money as pay day and homes are destroyed as they haven't got to pay for anything or lift a finger so what do they care.

Not saying everyone if that is where you are going but some need a kick up the arse. This could be a prefect idea to give people self respect back

StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:I'm not sure the unemployable actually live a cosseted carefree existence.

Fwiw I don't read the Daily Mail.

My comments are based on my own personal observations, when working in & amongst "deprived areas".
Further to Rossgo's comments I would like to add that once that lifestyle has been adopted by people, their next-generation grow up with both the expectation of it & thorough understanding of how the system works (& can work for them).
Furthermore , "the devil makes work for idle hands".

Not soundbites at all, my personal observations. ( however therefore subject to my own innate bigotries & subsequent inaccuracies)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

StMarks wrote:
Kwacky wrote:
Rossgo wrote:

Fwiw I have a lot of sympathy for Rossgo's frustration. Imo the welfare system should exist to support those in need. It is unfair that it can be used as a facility for those who don't want to contribute, to live a cosseted carefree existence at the cost to the rest of us.
Agreed StMarks

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've claimed benefits. I've also worked in a number of jobs in a variety of conditions and at all hours. I class myself as having a decent work ethic, I started earning my own money when I was 13. But sometimes you do need state support.

My work ethic comes from my parents. My old man worked for the same company from school to retirement, starting as an apprentice and ending up a director and running one wing of a very successful company. He wasn't paid very well and he worked long hours, but he did it to provide. My mum worked full and did part time work to get money to pay for the nice extras like family holidays.

In my opinion you get a lot of influence from your parents, certainly early on in life.

The problem we've got now is that there are 2 or 3 generations of families who have never worked. Everything is provided for them by the state. The kids see no reason to do well at school and will follow the paths of their parents.

So how do you break that cycle?

I'm really not a fan of enforced labour in these circumstances (prison and community service I do think should force people to work).

It's a genuine question. I have no idea how the cycle can be broken.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I think the way of life we have lived over the last 50-100 years is actually coming to a crunch point.

Eventually everything has to change, i think we are at that point now.

People live longer but pensions are shrinking
We are destroying our environment
The gap between the haves and have nots gets bigger all the time.
Housing is becoming unaffordable for many as we are, on the whole, a low skilled low paid country.

Brexit is only going to make all those worse IMHO.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

So can we get pigs in blankets for crimbo or not (lol)
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

So basically you're suggesting we should set up our entire welfare system up based on a very small minority that's work-shy and unproductive.

The vast majority of welfare is paid out in pensions and the next biggest chunk goes to the working poor. People that work full time, but don't earn enough to live. Think about that, we're subsidising big business wages with our **** taxes!

If you are happy with that keep voting for neoliberal parties like New (old) Labour, the Lib Dems and the Tories and you'll keep getting the same. Nothing will change and we'll keep getting shafted by big corporations.

I know where I want my taxes to go and it's not some offshore bank account in the Cayman Islands.

Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Monty makes a very good point about workers relying on credit. You hear a lot of arguments against minimum wage and working wages, but the thing is we're paying for people to go to work while large companies are avoiding paying tax.

The system is very wrong.

Low taxes does not make a country poorer and it does not help the economy.

Viva Chile!