Brexit thread

Topics covering world politics and political events. To hide this section go to your control panel and join the group "Hide Politics"
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Brexit thread

Post by Kwacky »

C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Jack. Thank you. Well written and the first comprehensive perspective I have seen to leave.

I'll have a read and review in detail.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Just think how many new civil servants and Govt staff will have to be employed now the EU is not doing those jobs on our behalf.
Think immigration, security, trade standards, customs and the environment. I bet the raft of new legislation will cost a fortune and take years to implement.

I do honestly think that the world we currently know is about to change dramatically as a result of climate change, mental health issues and the simple fact we are poisoning our Planet.

If we don’t work together we are ****.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Hippie.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I appreciate that the UK has property (land) based legal system but there is no reason that landowners should get subsidies instead of being taxed on their holdings . As for duplication of systems and institutions it seems to me that it is excessive , I understand that some is unavoidable but it appears to be them just creating jobs for their mates - not just the EU but the other nations of the UK . I have no problem with there being a scottish/welsh/NI Assembly or parliament if it is paid for in its entirety by that nation including its pension liabilities , I have to pay for the arseholes in Westminster I don't see why I should have to pay for everyone elses arseholes as well, particularly seeing as they are all represented in Westminster anyway . I bet if you told the Scots that they were going to have fund their own parliament that it wouldn't take long for it to be abolished .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Sadly I think that any government likes to spend money in the wrong areas. Look what it's done to Greece. They employed far too many people in civil roles and had a ridiculously low retirement age.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I would like to also point out that we are not leaving Europe , we are only leaving the administrative body - The EU . If you so desire you can still be referred to as European in much the same way as the Swiss , not part of the EU but most definitely European . A lot of people I have spoken to seem to have trouble with that premise - on both sides .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

We are European but we're not European citizens IMO
D41

Post by D41 »

You'll be European geographically, but not politically.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I bet in 5-10 years time we are talking about having much closer links with the EU again.

Boris has five years to prove we are better off out, I bet he is going to struggle big time with that.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Fecking fireworks....... going on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on Shut the Feck up its pissing me off!!!!
Well that was money well spent ! twats!
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Ah it turns out I was not totally correct lol......

To all villagers ( especially pet owners ) please read the note below from our friends at Shellscape Pyrotechnics ......
“We just wanted to let the village know that we will be filming our new products on 31st January between 7pm and 8pm. We are trying to keep disturbance to everyone at a minimum, and will be firing them at the far end of the field towards the railway station to help keep the noise level as low as possible. If you have any concerns or would even like to come along please let us know.

Ha ha yeah noise to a min..... I am miles away and it seemed like it was next door.... if I had know I would have made a visit with the camera ! instead of winging lmao
D41

Post by D41 »

I read that as "Fecking feckwits, going on and on, and on, etc."

I thought you were talking about this thread..! (rolf)
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Ha ha no mate, as it goes there is genuine conversation (civil ) going on here. Shame the rest of the country cant conduct themselves along the same lines, without resorting to slurs and slander.....
duke63

Post by duke63 »

British people about to have more freedoms and privileges removed by their own Government than in many many generations and some of them are celebrating.

How naive and gullible do they have to be?
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

I just watched a very brief interview with Mairead Mcguinness - she is the EU Parliament Vice-President , as you most likely know.
What a simple and logical response, she made a lot of sense, and touched on a few things, i feel will impact us for years and years to come.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Northern Ireland can only survive by making closer ties to the Republic and the EU and breaking ties with the UK. Its straight forward common sense.

Johnson doesn't want Scotland to leave the UK and make ties with the EU because he knows that will mean that much of business in the UK will become based in Scotland and not England. Again its basic common sense. Business is not interested in politics, its only interested in how to make it business more profitable.

Britain wont be manufacturing to export to Countries like India and the far East on any grand scale as its far cheaper to manufacture there.

Its going to be interesting to see what Johnson is going to do to replace the jobs that the Country will lose now because basic economics say it cannot work.
He has made loads of promises about what he is going to do over the next five years and he has promised to spend loads of cash to do that, but where is that coming from? If he has a failing economy, he will struggle to keep things as they are now.
80% of the UK economy is the services sector, much of it based in London. He is certain to lose much of that if there is no agreements with the EU.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Johnson has got 11 months to prove his worth
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Yep, after 31 December, if he doesn't have something sorted the economy will struggle big time.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Classy
Attachments
skynews-happy-brexit-day_4908987.jpg