Brexit thread ? Who knew.....

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Brexit thread ? Who knew.....

Post by Frankie »

Well there you are, did not realise we had one. Lol.....

Right it's time to start posting your ride outs again, not planning or setting up for people to commit, I know it's hard in this day and age with plans changing on a regular basis day to day. Me personally at the moments cannot commit to Anything, one day I could be up for it, the next can't get out at all.... and that's the hard bit, you don't want to let people down.

So taking the pressure off, if you know your out for a ride, just post up where you plan to hit for your first stop of coffee and cake....if others want to join you they know where you are, for a cuppa, a natter, and possibly a day of riding with you.
No commitment, no pressure, just knowing that if you do manage to get out, you can bump into someone you know ish.
Rather than possibly going out on the same old roads and not seeing anyone.

Could be a stupid idea, but hey, nobody is committed, nobody is hanging about waiting, if your out, your out.
The days of heading down to boxhill, Newlands, H cafe, wherever, and catching up with others and then going off for a ride seemed to have long passed. So this could be another option.Or everyone groans and we all move on to the next thread :)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Brexit thread ? Who knew.....

Post by Kwacky »

D6Nutz - is it possible to change the Events section so you can add a meet/ride out without having to add it to the Calendar?

That way it might be easier for people to post up.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Defo up for more ride outs (y)

Too late now but should have done an IOM trip, they were always good for a meet up and some good riding and craic (lol)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:D6Nutz - is it possible to change the Events section so you can add a meet/ride out without having to add it to the Calendar?

That way it might be easier for people to post up.
Probably, I think I can just turn it back to a normal section so you can post both events with dates and normal threads. I'll take a look but it might not be until later in the week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Frankie wrote:Well there you are, did not realise we had one. Lol.....

Right it's time to start posting your ride outs again, not planning or setting up for people to commit, I know it's hard in this day and age with plans changing on a regular basis day to day. Me personally at the moments cannot commit to Anything, one day I could be up for it, the next can't get out at all.... and that's the hard bit, you don't want to let people down.

So taking the pressure off, if you know your out for a ride, just post up where you plan to hit for your first stop of coffee and cake....if others want to join you they know where you are, for a cuppa, a natter, and possibly a day of riding with you.
No commitment, no pressure, just knowing that if you do manage to get out, you can bump into someone you know ish.
Rather than possibly going out on the same old roads and not seeing anyone.

Could be a stupid idea, but hey, nobody is committed, nobody is hanging about waiting, if your out, your out.
The days of heading down to boxhill, Newlands, H cafe, wherever, and catching up with others and then going off for a ride seemed to have long passed. So this could be another option.Or everyone groans and we all move on to the next thread :)
I think this is a great idea, but possibly becoming a little late in the season for the fair weather fairies among us. Like me!
But a great idea nonetheless.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Maybe a tad too late now, next few months I'll be saving like mad for mine and my misses wedding/ honeymoon. Next year would be nice to get out though

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk