The next prime minister

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: The next prime minister

Post by Kwacky »

Imagine a no deal brexit two months before Christmas.

On the plus side there won't be a German market in Birmingham
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The German market stalls are kept in a lock up in Brownhills all year.

A client of mine owns the buidling where they are kept.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I was taking the piss
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

So that was a debacle .. BBC getting it wrong again... time for this type of chat show to cease.

So all you Corbyn people how would he answer questions especially as he has a lot of leave supporters and now it seems he will be behind a second referendum ? what happened to " we will honour the referendum"

How would he negotiate a Brexit deal ?

His offers of money to the young ,how is he going to fund this because so far they haven't answered it ?

Where would his increase in taxes come from , because the amount of money offered is going to cost big time .

...and lastly who would you fear most in opposition and why?... don't say no one because you know JC can be awkward under pressure .
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
duke63

Post by duke63 »

The idea that because you don't like the current Tory party that you must support Corbyn is so wrong and yet another myth perpetuated by the media and muppets in charge now.

Things have moved on since the last refer3endum. Most of the Leave campaign has shown to be full of lies and deceit. Remember the £350 million for the NHS? That was thrown in the bin by those who perpetuated it, the week after the result was announced.

Britain needs a completely new system that represents people and not business, political parties and wealthy individuals.

Brexit should have been thought through properly from the start instead of making unrealistic promises. Briatin will always need immigration. We are an ageing society. We cant all be retired and contributing nothing,

All the accusations about how immigrants abuse the UK system could have been sorted without the need to leave the biggest trading bloc in the world but once again people believe the lies told to them by the right wing press and twats like Johnson and Rees-Mogg ( what happened to him?).

Ask Cookie how the French health system deals with immigration. Its something that we could have done in the UK but those in charge chose not too.

We don't need a Brexit deal as we don't need to leave. We could sort all the issues without it.

Johnson's policy of giving a tax cut to the wealthier population will cost £9 billion. That's the equivalent of raising the basic rate of tax by 4%. Companies will soon tell him where to go if he raises the Employers rate of NI to pay for it.

Frankly i am sick of British politics. Its a mess and so deeply embroiled in class division. We ought to be better than that by now.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

The next prime minster........ is going to be twat.....regardless :(
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:
Ask Cookie how the French health system deals with immigration. Its something that we could have done in the UK but those in charge chose not too.
I agree with everything Duke has said above, however i'm only quoting the line with something i'll comment on.

This myth that the UK government cant stop all the 'health tourists' and benefit spongers from other countries..... It can. EU law does not stop them restricting and qualifying healthcare or any benefits if people from other EU (and wider) arrive.

France and many other countries do not give free healthcare or benefits, you have to qualify.

As i have income and can support myself, i didn't get into the French healthcare system until i had paid tax in France for 5 years - i had to earn it. 5 years.

I was not entitled to any social benefits or contributions, as i was means tested and i am not a French citizen.

Why do you think all the 'immigrants' are trying to cross into the UK? Because as soon as you hit UK soil you can get all of the above.

You are being lied to. The UK government could stop most illegal immigration in a heartbeat, by ensuring the National Insurance card and NHS numbering system is used properly at point of treatment and refusing benefits based on qualification.

It CHOOSES not to. Why? So Brexit is more appealing - plain and simple.

There are many EU initiatives such as pollution control, greater clarity on what rubbish is in all the products you buy everyday (and there is a lot), greater responsibility for recycling and environmental responsibility and of course - much more tax clarity and co-operation that means the tax havens that all your politicians likely use with offshore creative schemes will / have been laid bare. That all costs THEM money.

That is why the Tory party wants Brexit. It's nothing to do with the state of the EU - it's to do with keeping the profits up for them and those around them.

When someone who wants to leave can quote to me facts about why with evidence behind it that is credible I will engage in debate. Until then all i hear is leavers quoting what has been said to them by politicians and them believing it.

Oh and to clarify - i've voted Tory mostly through my life. Never again - regardless of whos in charge.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Frankie wrote:The next prime minster........ is going to be twat.....regardless :(
Spot on, Frankie.

And an unelected one too. The second time the Tories have done it in succession.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Johnson reckons his position is different to Brown's though. So the rules he laid down to Gordon Brown don't have to apply to him.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

bb41 wrote:So that was a debacle .. ......
(nod) For sure, it did little to inform the viewers. However as a staunch Conservative, did the insite into the integrity of the candidates not alarm you sightly mate.?
bb41 wrote:...So all you Corbyn people .... .
By "all you", are you referring to Monty.? -because afik he's the only one here who is bigoted to a labour mandate.?
As I see it (please correct me if I'm wrong) the rest of us are open minded free thinkers, who are comfortable to openly express on here our concerns & opinions without prejudice or favour.?
bb41 wrote:,,,,Corbyn ,,,,,,,,How would he negotiate a Brexit deal ? .
Firstly this thread is about the next PM, & I don't believe that will be JC. However I have a horrible suspicion that Corbyn would like to push through a brexit deal just as fast as Boris.! Because of that suspicion alone, I will NOT be voting for him under any circumstance.
duke63 wrote:The idea that because you don't like the current Tory party that you must support Corbyn is so wrong and yet another myth perpetuated by the media and muppets in charge now.....
Precisely this ^.
Everything seems to be increasingly polarised, in so many aspects. Those feeding this polarisation should be ashamed, because they are undermining the very fabric of our free society. I fail to understand why so many people are so compelled to follow the rhetoric so blinkeredly.
Despite the RED or BLUE polarisation, there are other choices.:
Fwiw I would very much like to see Boris or one of the other backstabbers win the poisoned chalice, then Rory leave the Tory party & join Jo Swinson & take the centre ground to a win at the general election when parliament prevented the new tory leader from forcing their mandate on the public.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

We are an ageing society. We cant all be retired and contributing nothing

Do the people we import not age then ?
As far as I can see this is just a delay in dealing with the actual problem as we cannot just keep importing younger people , we will eventually run out of resources to cope with the numbers .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Despite what the press tell you, the overwhelming majority of people coming to settle in the UK are doing so for work. If the work isn't there, they don't come. A lot of Poles have done their stint and have gone back to Poland as the Polish economy is growing.

I still struggle to understand the argument that immigrants are stealing jobs. They either create jobs or they do jobs which are available.

The figures speak for themselves. EU migrants are a benefit to the UK economy. It's the non-EU migrants who cost this country. Leaving the EU makes the situation worse, not better.

https://www.oxfordeconomics.com/recent- ... 250df6dbba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

◾The average UK-based migrant from Europe contributed approximately £2,300 more to UK public finances in 2016/17 than the average UK adult. In comparison, each UK born adult contributed £70 less than the average, and each non-European migrant contributed over £800 less than the average.

◾The average European migrant arriving in the UK in 2016 will contribute £78,000 more than they take out in public services and benefits over their time spent in the UK (assuming a balanced national budget), and the average non-European migrant will make a positive net contribution of £28,000 while living here. By comparison, the average UK citizen’s net lifetime contribution in this scenario is zero.

◾Taken together, this means that the migrants who arrived in 2016 will make a total net positive contribution of £26.9 billion to the UK’s public finances over the entirety of their stay. The value of this to the UK’s public finances is equivalent to putting approximately 5p on income tax rates (across all marginal rate bands) in that year.

Talking of the young. Birmingham is the youngest city in the UK.

Birmingham is also about to become the first white minority city.

The facts are there: white people aren't having kids. So even if people wanted Brexit for racist reasons, like it or not, our population is going to get darker as time goes on.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:
The facts are there: white people aren't having kids. So even if people wanted Brexit for racist reasons, like it or not, our population is going to get darker as time goes on.
Sounds like Arthur C. Clarke's. short story "Reunion".
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I see that facts quoted by all the five muppets have been shown to be inaccurate. Johnson was quoting GATT 24 to solve the Irish border trade issue and the truth is that what he wants to do isn’t possible. Legally or otherwise.

Don’t believe the hype.

You would have thought that after the last three years they would have been more careful about claims they make. Apparently not.

It’s about time they were held to account for talking bullshit, preferably in a court of law with the punishment being they can no longer stand as an MP.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Jack wrote:We are an ageing society. We cant all be retired and contributing nothing

As far as I can see this is just a delay in dealing with the actual problem as we cannot just keep importing younger people , we will eventually run out of resources to cope with the numbers .
Well if the Government did THEIR job properly then they would only be entitled as far as they have contributed. That isn’t the fault of the EU.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:
Jack wrote:We are an ageing society. We cant all be retired and contributing nothing

Well if the Government did THEIR job properly then they would only be entitled as far as they have contributed. That isn’t the fault of the EU.
Is that possible ? Would EU law allow the UK Goverment to implement such a policy whilst being a member of the EU?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Blade, the EU rules to do that have been in place since 2004. The UK adopted them but found it too expensive to run so they dropped them.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:Blade, the EU rules to do that have been in place since 2004. The UK adopted them but found it too expensive to run so they dropped them.
(headbang) (gah) (facepalm)
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

duke63 wrote:

Are you suggesting that when retired people have taken out as much as they have paid in that we leave them to fend for themselves ?
Do we not have a duty of care for people who have paid in what they were told would last them for their retirement regardless of how long that may be ?
Regardless of how much people put in or take out or their ethnicity I still don't get how immigration solves the problem of an ageing population long term , even if immigrants have more children sooner or later economic factors kick in and their birthrate drops and even if it remains steady we will eventually be in the same situation as these people age and there will just be more of us meaning it is a bigger problem .

Surely the solution would be to make better provision for the care of the elderly that wasn't reliant upon the younger generations .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Who pays for the care?

The government has no money in the pot. That's why they're constantly changing the pension and retirement laws. The plan is to push retirement up to 75.