The next prime minister

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: The next prime minister

Post by duke63 »

Surely a party that rants on so much about democracy does not rig its own leadership election??????????

Tossers.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

You almost sounded surprised for moment there Duke, that the Torys were the only politicians with no honour or morales and capable of corruption to further their own gain :D
duke63

Post by duke63 »

They are in charge ( supposedly) so they are the only ones that can change anything though even that is in doubt these days.

I suspect the in fighting will see the Party split into two and possibly not survive intact.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:They are in charge ( supposedly) so they are the only ones that can change anything though even that is in doubt these days.

I suspect the in fighting will see the Party split into two and possibly not survive intact.
,,,,, leaving a space for a new "centre right" party to be formed, by Farage, Smugg & cronies...
I wonder if they'll stretch to calling it the Social Democratic Party (smirk)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Collaboration of United Nationalist Twats. (giggle)
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Hahaha I'd vote for that party
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:Collaboration of United Nationalist Twats. (giggle)
And the opposition are just called Twats, which is short for useless twats (giggle)
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I am a tory voter , occasionally I have done a protest vote other than a GE

I voted tory pretty much all my life and unless the party changed it's stance dramatically like Labour have done since JC and his friends became opposition I doubt it will change.

If they do become too extreme right then I wouldn't vote at all . The present Labour Party go against everything I believe in and they don't help themselves on their social media accounts either .

Diane Abbott tweets some amazing tweets and I just think "Wow" can the labour party really believe in this MP so much that she could hold such a highly prominent position if they were in government ?

Their ethos of getting all the finance they need from the top 1 percent is ridiculous, the super rich would bugger off and those who thought they'd benefit will be next in line , so the white collar workers who have done OK will be paying.then onto blue collar

The only ones who will benefit is those on benefits as they won't be contributing anything , the benefit system is short term help for people to get back on their feet , but you have to admit many see it as a life style choice .. we all know someone in the latter

As for the NHS ,it needs total re=structure ..far too much waste at the top of the tree it needs running as a business it has been failing for years and every government is responsible.
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Having read that, BB, I think you've explained why you vote Tory but I still can't actually wrap my head around doing that - they seem hell bent on destroying the UK and themselves for that matter.

As for even more tax breaks and loopholes for the wealthy - that just takes the piss. There aren't any loopholes for us poor folk who work every hour available. I'd quite like to live tax free please, at least then I could relax a little
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cav wrote:Having read that, BB, I think you've explained why you vote Tory but I still can't actually wrap my head around doing that - they seem hell bent on destroying the UK and themselves for that matter.

As for even more tax breaks and loopholes for the wealthy - that just takes the piss. There aren't any loopholes for us poor folk who work every hour available. I'd quite like to live tax free please, at least then I could relax a little
An extreme minority of people live tax free Cav and although wrong its a reality of all previous governments policy. If the torys are the only ones to blame for this loop hole, then why didn't labour close it when they were in power.

It was the torys that means tested child benefits. If one partner in a family earns more than £50k. Basically an extra stealth tax brought in by toryd not labour.

It was the torys that took £1 of peoples personal allowance away for every £2 they earned over £100k. That means professionals like doctors and senior police officers, I.e not the super wealthy are paying effectively a 60% tax rate between £100k and £125k. Again tory stealth tax not labour.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

They've tried running the NHS as a business, which is why it's failing. You only have to look at other businesses with close links to the government, like G4S and Carillion to see why.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Blade wrote:
An extreme minority of people live tax free Cav and although wrong its a reality of all previous governments policy. If the torys are the only ones to blame for this loop hole, then why didn't labour close it when they were in power.
The tax evasion laws to deal with loopholes come into effect this year

Or they would do if we weren't leaving the EU

See how it works?
duke63

Post by duke63 »

British politics is steeped in class division and inherited privilege. Its why we are in this mess.

I suspect Boris tax plan is to get him elected by his Party and then withdraw it as unaffordable once he is in office (which it is). I think he has also badly misread the public view on that sort of tax change.

He is only in it for himself.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Gays = tanktop bumboys
- Muslims = letterboxes
- Blacks = piccaninnies with watermelon smiles
- The North = should've been left to rot
- Colonialism = a good thing
- Women = 'pat her on the bottom and send her away'

Boris is allowed to say shit like that because he's a bit posh and us common folk don't know any better.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I reckon if he did get to be PM his term in office might be the shortest ever. The odds on it happening are low, apparently.

One threat of leaving with No Deal and tax cuts for the richest and a vote of no confidence will get passed triggering a GE.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

bb41 wrote:...I voted Tory pretty much all my life and unless the party changed it's stance dramatically .....
Fwiw as I understand it, te "Change UK" party is predominantly conservatives who were so appalled by the way the party has been changing that they felt they could no longer be associated with what it's becoming.?
bb41 wrote:.....Diane Abbott tweets some amazing tweets and I just think "Wow" can the labour party really believe in this MP so much that she could hold such a highly prominent position if they were in government ?...
I would be surprised if even Monty would rally to Ms Abbott's defence. She appears to be a prominent embarrassment with no obvious redeeming feature imo. However perhaps characters like that appeal to voters with a very different mindset to us ? - remember her "predecessor " in the role as Labour's Fool was John Prescott, who was Deputy Leader from 94 -2007.!
bb41 wrote:,,,,Their ethos of getting all the finance they need from the top 1 percent is ridiculous, the super rich would bugger off and those who thought they'd benefit will be next in line , so the white collar workers who have done OK will be paying.then onto blue collar ......
Closing tax loopholes that allow many very affluent people & corporations to evade contributing the fair proportion would be my preferred approach. The "Super Rich" have so much money that it could be argued that higher tax will never affect them in real terms, however I agree with you that doing so serves to deter them & is morally unfair anyway. Fwiw I don't mind paying my share to support the infrastructure that I live amongst, or to help subsidise those who's incomes do not enable them to contribute as much. However I do NOT wish to shell out ever increasing amounts of my toiled for, so that it can pay for the 50" LCD televisions in the centrally heated social housing homes of unemployed wasters. IMHO something desperately needs to be done to address a system that rewards scroungers, at the cost of society's contributors. In the last 10 years Conservatives have been in power, I have only seen the problem increasing exponentially.?
bb41 wrote:.....As for the NHS ,it needs total re=structure ..far too much waste at the top of the tree it needs running as a business it has been failing for years and every government is responsible.
I'm afraid Kwacky has a valid point, that has been tried & has become a contributory factor.
I think the NHS worked best initially, because it did what it was set up to do.: Supply free at the point of treatment healthcare to those in need.
However now it has to do more than simply treat those in need.

On the OP of the next Prime Minister bb41, & your statement ".: I voted Tory pretty much all my life and unless the party changed it's stance dramatically" . Rory is a Tory through & through, however he is morally driven & basically honest* ( *in as much as any politician is). Let's see how long he stays in the race, in the current climate of the Conservative party.?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

it's a bit of a myth that Labour want to tax the rich to death. It's a myth told by the minions of the rich. It's the same people who tell you that the money from rich people trickles down and benefits everyone. Well how can it if the rich can afford to use barristers and accountants to tell them how to avoid paying taxes?

But my beef isn't with rich individuals, it's with large companies. Boots, Starbucks, Amazon, Google, Vodafone etc all rely on the workforce and infrastructure that this country supplies, but they won't pay for it.

£34bn is missing each year through avoidance, evasion and uncollected tax. Think what we could do with that money.
Blade

Post by Blade »

100% with you there kwacky (y)
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Me too, **** me!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

“It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud... They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup… The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people. No one elected Gordon Brown as Prime Minister. Gordon Brown could appease public indignation over that, and secure the democratic mandate he needs, by asking the public to vote at once on him... Let’s have an election without delay”

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
Monty™© MCMLXXII