Online spending

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Online spending

Post by Cav »

Insurance is less than £20 through your bank with the extras !!! :D

You're right though Itchy... someone is having Rossgo's pants down !!

Let's take the S10+..... Buying the phone individually and then getting a 100GB SIM can cost you £35/phone & £20/SIM only

Wait til Black Friday and you'll get it all for around £35
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

They'll be deals next bank holiday. There were some good offers last weekend.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

So for me it would be the p30 Pro or Samsung S10+ I really don't want to buy the phone out right - it's not worth it at the moment although I did consider it.

Contract would have to be with Vodafone purely because I get no reception at work with anyother network. I wouldn't buy through a 3rd party company. I've been there tried that and all I had was issues with them since then I only buy through the main dealer.

This is my quote through Vodafone site

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Itchy - I haven't considered the mate pro and just seen that you have a new thread about this phone. I will certainly take a read of it and have a deeper look into this phone - for me camera is important

D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Wow, 24gb a month....

I'm curious, do you really get through that much data every month? I found it a real struggle to get to about 10gb when I was commuting.

I know you watch a lot of stuff on YouTube, had you considered premium at £12/pm and downloading at home, then getting a much cheaper contract?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

my mobile phone cost me £20 to run last year , I can't imagine spending £984 for a phone for a year .

buy a cheap phone and run it PAYG and you'll save enough to buy a camera and probably a tablet or cheap laptop too.
Last edited by Jack on 07 May 2019, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I used 71gb last month. I very rarely bother to put it on WiFi
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Rossgo wrote: I wouldn't buy through a 3rd party company. I've been there tried that and all I had was issues with them since then I only buy through the main dealer.
That's always going to be the sticking point then.
Obviously if you've had a bad experience it's going to tarnish your viewpoint, but I had over 3 years with mobile phones direct and never had an issue.

It depends what you want more, peace of mind or a few more quid in your pocket every month...
Screenshot_20190507_212930_com.android.chrome.jpg
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D6Nutz wrote:Wow, 24gb a month....

I'm curious, do you really get through that much data every month? I found it a real struggle to get to about 10gb when I was commuting.

I know you watch a lot of stuff on YouTube, had you considered premium at £12/pm and downloading at home, then getting a much cheaper contract?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Nutz- yea I can go through 1GB a day or more depending what I'm doing. I defo don't have the time to download at home - I'm away from my home for approx 14.5 hrs for a day shift or 15hrs for a night shift. So when I get in its bed and crash!

Wi-Fi isn't an option at work unless you have a work contract or go to main reception which is a long walk away when you are on a break its pointless. I do use Wi-Fi at home for YouTube and I still go through a lot of data regardless!

I've considered a cheaper contract but then I would just whack up my contract by adding certain things - I like Spotify so Vodafone do an entertainment package for that which is £10 - makes the commute better when I get to listen to music instead of scrolling through radio with chatting, ads etcs

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Jack wrote:my mobile phone cost me £20 to run last year , I can't imagine spending £984 for a phone for a year .

buy a cheap phone and run it PAYG and you'll save enough to buy a camera and probably a tablet or cheap laptop too.
I've had pay as you go when I was at college and i couldn't deal with that. Top up etc too much work for me lol. I want to know i have data or whatever on demand lol

But i do understand the idea of buy cheap and buying a proper camera. This I have considered myself too for a fair few years I'll admit. But i can find a few issues with this which scares me off. So my easiest option is to buy something I use alot and have it all in one - not and never as great as a standalone camera I know this but it's good enough for my skills and to be fair prob better than my skills anyway having it all in my phone lol! It's always with me so easy to grab, point and shoot

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:I used 71gb last month. I very rarely bother to put it on WiFi
Wow! That's a alot. I usually use 20 - 30 GB per month. I do wonder if I could drop it a little more if I used Wi-Fi all the time while at home but I can't imagine that I would remember to turn it on all the time so I need a safety net lol

duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Can't you just set the phone so it links automatically to your wi-fi when you enter your home? Mine does that but i have no doubt someone will now turn round and tell me that isn't a good idea for some reason.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

My phone ends up being a hot spot for the family when I'm out. I've got so much data to use it doesn't make sense for everyone else to waste theirs.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Itchy wrote:
Rossgo wrote: I wouldn't buy through a 3rd party company. I've been there tried that and all I had was issues with them since then I only buy through the main dealer.
That's always going to be the sticking point then.
Obviously if you've had a bad experience it's going to tarnish your viewpoint, but I had over 3 years with mobile phones direct and never had an issue.

It depends what you want more, peace of mind or a few more quid in your pocket every month...
Screenshot_20190507_212930_com.android.chrome.jpg
For me I'd defo want peace of mind. There's a lot of things where I will bank on cost than quaility and I don't drink or smoke so I'm not wasting my money. I do usually skimp and save where I can even on food shopping (helps that my misses works for a well known supermarket so cheap weekly food costs help massively too!!) But i always have a point if I have a bad experience with a company or saleman or whatever I dont go back. Just the way I am. Lose of business for them personally or as a business is the way I work it!! I have no issue with that whatsoever

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

duke63 wrote:Can't you just set the phone so it links automatically to your wi-fi when you enter your home? Mine does that but i have no doubt someone will now turn round and tell me that isn't a good idea for some reason.
Yea I could. But i think that means it looses battery life as your Wi-Fi is constantly trying to find a Wi-Fi connection. Battery is also very important lol! I dont know if it is a good idea or not to be honest. I'm.not very tech savvy ImageImage

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:My phone ends up being a hot spot for the family when I'm out. I've got so much data to use it doesn't make sense for everyone else to waste theirs.
Ahh right makes sense. That's a good idea to be honest. I guess that would save in cost so no one actually goes above their contract allowance

C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:My phone ends up being a hot spot for the family when I'm out. I've got so much data to use it doesn't make sense for everyone else to waste theirs.

Cool - whats the password? :*
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

C00kiemonster wrote:

How fecking far a reach do you think my signal has got?
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:

How fecking far a reach do you think my signal has got?
:D I'll pop over to use it :?