Online spending

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Online spending

Post by Kwacky »

It's too easy, isn't t?

I've found myself spending £100 in total on various things today. Because I used paypal it takes ages to register with your bank account.

No wonder I'm always skint at the end of the month.

Oh well, a man needs the finest quality tea.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: Online spending

Post by D6Nutz »

Way too easy.

Especially when you only buy a few bits that are low value each, you don't think you are actually spending that much. Not like when you actually had to goto a shop with money in your hand.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Very Very easy.. especially when you're not buying everything in one place.

£20 here, £45 there, a few £5 bargains and suddenly you're struggling
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Never had an issue...I tend to buy only a few, very specific things online - stuff I can't get anywhere else, but I know exactly what they are beforehand.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I had a surprise when there was a package delivered to me containing a pair of sidi boots , I vaguely remembered looking at them late one night but I didn't remember buying them .
D41

Post by D41 »

That excuse might work with the wife, Jack....but it's not going to pass muster with anyone on here.

"Didn't remember"..indeed!
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

I very rarely use PayPal these days, most of what I buy comes from a bank card linked to my current account so I can see my pending transactions, which normally pulls me up short of spending too much online.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

I constantly have a game of guess the parcel at my local PO (lol)

When I was setting up the 12V system in my old camper I had 18 parcels to pick up in 5 days. The Postmaster said he was going to start charging me a beer for each pick up (lol)

It’s my daughters birthday soon so I actually have 2 x PO pick-ups and a click and collect at the local mall today.

It’s even more dangerous when I’m stuck offshore!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I tend to consider what I need/ want before purchasing. I've always had a rule if if I still want/ made up need it in 6 months time then I'd buy it. However some items I will just buy on the fly depending if it's a real need and not a made up need which is really a want! If that makes sense.

As an example the Translogic QS I bought last year. I spent months considering it. Was it going to help me, was I going to enjoy it, was it worth it, did I really have the money to buy one etc etc. I decided that it would be beneficial and I would enjoy it too so then I made that jump to buy one!

My dad is the same, when he buys someyhing he usually knows the pluses and minuses of that product or similar products.

Right now I am weighing up a new phone and have been since just before April

Do I get one?
Current one is now almost 3 years old and starting to show it's age - Slow, freezing and battery is dieing more quickly
Should it be another contract?
If so that contract will cost £70+ incl insurance (top notch becaude I have a habbit of loosing and damaging phones)
Do I want to part with that money p/m?
Should it be before or after my stag do?
If before then I'd get great pics of the stag do. If after then I'd be saving approx £35 p/m - that's a couple of tanks of fuel
Should I bite the bullet and pay out for the phone outright then be £1k down but hopefully save on my current £25 p/m SIM only contract - not my favourite idea to be honest

And the questions don't stop there!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Well, on the plus side the Mate 20 Pro is cheaper now that the P30 Pro is out!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Itchy wrote:Well, on the plus side the Mate 20 Pro is cheaper now that the P30 Pro is out!
Funily enough it's the p30 Pro that I'm after. Or the Samsung S10+ - both got good and bad points the Samsung is arguably the better phone but the P30 Pro has got the better camera. I don't think I would go too far wrong though to be honest lol

Itchy

Post by Itchy »

I don't think you would either. The camera on the Mate 20 Pro is taking some pretty sweet shots and I'm not even messing with the settings.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

So you have the mate 20..do you like the layout and do you get on with it?

I will have to get something I think. But its all so expensive. I love taking pics so to me that is no one - would love to buy a proper camera but I dont like taking a proper camera out and packing it as an extrs etc. Phone camera is prefect! All in one!

Itchy

Post by Itchy »

I'll do a new thread in a bit.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Rossgo wrote:Right now I am weighing up a new phone and have been since just before April

Do I get one?
Current one is now almost 3 years old and starting to show it's age - Slow, freezing and battery is dieing more quickly
If so that contract will cost £70+ incl insurance (top notch becaude I have a habbit of loosing and damaging phones)
There is no good reason for you to spend £70+ on a mobile phone!! Not a single one!!

Phone - on contract you'll get a flagship phone for £35 or less
Insurance - pay the £15 for your premium bank account which includes stuff like: Home start breakdown cover for YOU (therefore any vehicle you are in/on), mobile phone insurance, holiday insurance, and usually other stuff.

If you get it with your bank, pay for it on your JOINT bank account. This covers you and your fiancé for the same approximate £15 fee !!!!

So there you go, £50 for phone, phone insurance for both of you, car/bike breakdown cover for both of you, travel insurance for both of you.......

You're welcome :)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

:)
Lookout Martin Lewis, there's a young contender sniffing around.
D41

Post by D41 »

Yes...but Lewis must be doing something right.....have you seen his wife??

(inlove) (h) (inlove)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Itchy wrote:I'll do a new thread in a bit.
Cheers Itchy. I haven't gone through the new threads yet. I'll take a look prob tomorrow Image

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Right now I am weighing up a new phone and have been since just before April

Do I get one?
There is no good reason for you to spend £70+ on a mobile phone!! Not a single one!!

Insurance - pay the £15 for your premium bank account which includes stuff like: Home start breakdown cover for YOU (therefore any vehicle you are in/on), mobile phone insurance, holiday insurance, and usually other stuff.

If you get it with your bank, pay for it on your JOINT bank account. This covers you and your fiancé for the same approximate £15 fee !!!!

So there you go, £50 for phone, phone insurance for both of you, car/bike breakdown cover for both of you, travel insurance for both of you.......

Not as easy as that. I dont spend a lot of money in other areas. I'm not a fashion guru, defo not a fine wine expert, I dont upgrade my telly each year and I don't drive around in a flash car etc.

There's only a few things where I will think paying for certain things are worth it, a phone is one of them. I use it a fair bit. I use it as my telly, I use it for pics etc and I do agree I can get cheaper by other means but I do tend to swing for the lastest and greatest phone and £70 is pretty standard now for the top phones. The phone I currently have (S7 Edge) I used to pay approx 55-70 pm for it so it's not new to me lol

Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Rossgo wrote:
Cav wrote:

Do I get one?

Not as easy as that. I dont spend a lot of money in other areas. I'm not a fashion guru, defo not a fine wine expert, I dont upgrade my telly each year and I don't drive around in a flash car etc.

There's only a few things where I will think paying for certain things are worth it, a phone is one of them. I use it a fair bit. I use it as my telly, I use it for pics etc and I do agree I can get cheaper by other means but I do tend to swing for the lastest and greatest phone and £70 is pretty standard now for the top phones. The phone I currently have (S7 Edge) I used to pay approx 55-70 pm for it so it's not new to me lol

Dude I think someone's having your pants down...
Screenshot_20190507_144827_com.android.chrome.jpg
Although I don't know how much insurance is, surely it can't be the same monthly cost?