Still not sure about electric vehicles

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Still not sure about electric vehicles

Post by D41 »

No...it's a fair comment - but BMW aren't alone in the fashion dept. - most cars have some sort of brand-identity in their marketing/appeal.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:The i8 (in my opinion) is completely ass about face.

It isn't an electric car and I think it's speed limited for electric motor use plus it would only do a dozen electric only miles.

Also... I see BMWs as the same as Apple. They're all about image, marketing and beating the Jones'.

I can see my opinions may grate with people so sorry in advance :D
Crack on mate.....I drive a ford ImageImageImage the only BMW I like...no I love and I will one day buy one is....the S1000RR. Literally fell in love with it 2 minutes down the road. So comfy and feels amazing!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Haha.. I used to drive a Ford and now drive an Audi - both very different and I prefer either one of them for different things.

I think for me, it was going to school and living down the street from a d!ckhead kid who had the latest everything and was not a nice person. He had iPhones, and BMWs... now he's onto JCW Minis. I associate both Apple and BMW with d!ckheads I wouldn't want to be around haha

I'm hopefully going to have a go on my mates 194bhp Gen 2 S1000RR in Portimao (y) There will undoubtedly be a mini review if I do
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:Haha.. I used to drive a Ford and now drive an Audi - both very different and I prefer either one of them for different things.

I think for me, it was going to school and living down the street from a d!ckhead kid who had the latest everything and was not a nice person. He had iPhones, and BMWs... now he's onto JCW Minis. I associate both Apple and BMW with d!ckheads I wouldn't want to be around haha

I'm hopefully going to have a go on my mates 194bhp Gen 2 S1000RR in Portimao (y) There will undoubtedly be a mini review if I do
That's fair enough mate. Everyone at work keeps telling me I need either a Beemer or an Audi but I keep saying I'm happy with my ford haha!! Does everything I need it to do to be honest and I look after it too.

Defo do it. If he allows it defo try it. For me personally it's just made me want one but when insurance comes back at 9-10k (CHEAPEST QUOTE) I realised it ent gonna happen!! Haha. Would like to see a mini review if you do.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Audi have nice interiors....all the German cars do, come to think about it....but Audi are the most "organic".
Cav

Post by Cav »

If it were me with my actual money I would end up with a Seat Leon, VW Golf GTI or R , or the A4 Avant.

If I were recommending cars, it would be VAG or Mercedes.

Nothing wrong with a Ford, but they aren't quite at the same refinement levels as German cars
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

We went from a Ford C-Max to a Golf TSI, both top end models with all the extras, Mrs Gee loves the Golf’s refinement versus the Ford, but both have poor service back up, so whilst I like the Golf I’d find it difficult to recommend tbh

The only car outfits that have impressed me in my area were Volvo and Honda fwiw.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Deegee wrote:We went from a Ford C-Max to a Golf TSI, both top end models with all the extras, Mrs Gee loves the Golf’s refinement versus the Ford, but both have poor service back up, so whilst I like the Golf I’d find it difficult to recommend tbh

The only car outfits that have impressed me in my area were Volvo and Honda fwiw.
Interesting as I was considering going from a Mondeo estate to a Golf TSi estate.

VW that bad now?
Cav

Post by Cav »

Actually I forgot about Volvo.. I have a real soft spot for them these days and our local dealership is the largest in the country with a very good rating.

In our experience of Golfs they've never needed to see the main dealer again so we have no experience of after care
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

I’ve not had good experiences with either my company or personal VW’s, things forgotten or or overcharged for when in for servicing or repair. Overall my impression is poor of the back up, but in fairness they do fix their own mistakes without too much fuss, we enquired about changing to a newer car when we took it in for service last time, I got the distinct impression they couldn’t be bothered. Nice to be able to turn sales away given VW’s current situation.
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

C00kiemonster wrote:Interesting as I was considering going from a Mondeo estate to a Golf TSi estate.

VW that bad now?
I kinda got carried away with my dislike of their dealerships in my area, yes the the back up in my experience is a bit rubbish, however the car is a gem. Plenty of go up to 70 (not F type go mind you), great handling/brakes and lots of toys, plus it’ll return nearly 60 to the gallon on a run using the eco mode. The only reason we were looking at changing it is that Mrs Gee liked the higher driving position in the Tiguan. HTH.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Deegee wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:Interesting as I was considering going from a Mondeo estate to a Golf TSi estate.

VW that bad now?
I kinda got carried away with my dislike of their dealerships in my area, yes the the back up in my experience is a bit rubbish, however the car is a gem. Plenty of go up to 70 (not F type go mind you), great handling/brakes and lots of toys, plus it’ll return nearly 60 to the gallon on a run using the eco mode. The only reason we were looking at changing it is that Mrs Gee liked the higher driving position in the Tiguan. HTH.
Sounds good to me. Going to get a test drive over the next couple of months. Need a decent family workhorse. Not a diesel this time though.

Cant get the dogs or kids in the F :D
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

https://wonderfulengineering.com/volvo- ... _1wlUWc3Is" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Britain that wants to go it alone should be at the forefront of this sort of technology. Like it or not, its the future and where the money will be made.

Sadly we are a Nation run by ****.