Whats so hard about getting it right (pt2)

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Whats so hard about getting it right (pt2)

Post by Cavetroll87 »

So I signed up for BT ifintity internet, phone and TV 6 weeks ago and today have spent over an hour on the phone trying to find out what the hell is going on. We had the engineer visit to install 2 weeks ago yesterday and he couldnt do it as there were problems on the line. another 2 week wait and another engineer arrived yesterday to sort it all out, fine and dandy (only 6 weeks after my original order) and then it stopped working again. after loads of phone calls today finally got through to someone who knew what they were doing and it comes to light that after the engineer had been yesterday rather than mark it as complete someone had marked the order as cancelled so they have cancelled my line!!!!!!! :@ now gotta wait till Friday for them to reactivate it. GRRRR :@ (n) (punch) (headbang) (gah)

on the plus side ordered myself a TS hoodie from Pitty to cheer me up (rock)
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Re: Whats so hard about getting it right (pt2)

Post by Bratty »

Not very good customer service there mate.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

This reminded me about J and S

After slagging them off in your previous thread I went in on Saturday to buy some gloves and new supports for the paddock stand.

The staff couldn't have been any friendlier. Very helpful.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:This reminded me about J and S

After slagging them off in your previous thread I went in on Saturday to buy some gloves and new supports for the paddock stand.

The staff couldn't have been any friendlier. Very helpful.
Someone on the site must be a spy that works for them and read the previous thread (bandit)

p.s its not me so no asking for discount
Last edited by Cavetroll87 on 09 Apr 2014, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Bratty

Post by Bratty »

I suppose with Hein Gericke closing shops they needed to get there arses into gear.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Be pretty niffed there mate! Hope it all gets sorted and they don't screw you around again
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Well to top off my day I got to my job interview to find it was cancelled as the interviewee was off sick but nobody bothered to call me.
Bratty

Post by Bratty »

Cavetroll87 wrote:Well to top off my day I got to my job interview to find it was cancelled as the interviewee was off sick but nobody bothered to call me.
Feckers the problem is you can't give them grief as you want to make a good impression.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Exactly, so dissapointing tho
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

Cavetroll87 wrote:Exactly, so dissapointing tho
Are you sure you want to work for these people or are the present employers too hard to put up with ?

Feel for you.

I've been looking at re entering the job world on a p/t basis. I don't want a career now but just somewhere where I can still be of use and I think mostly because of my age no one even bothers

At 50 + does everyone think the brain is a size of a peanut and I'll come in on a Zimmer.

Trouble is when you've worked for yourself for so long and you put it on paper for a CV it doesn't look too great
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I dont really want to work for them but I really cannot stay where I am, it really is that bad and also the warning signs say its gunna fold soon so can not afford to be out of work :(

Sorry to hear that BB, working in recruitment I know what its like, as wrong as it is we have some clients that we know if we send people who are 50+ to they just will dismiss them, its so wrong! But keep trying I can promise you not all companies are like that. and If you ever wanted me to look over your CV just drop me a PM im only admin here but can jazz one up if need be.

back to BT and I got a call this morning from the standard accounts team telling me I need an engineer out as they couldnt sort it last time, I argued with her for 20 odd minutes telling her I dont need an engineer as its all sorted just one of their muppets cancelled it at their end and I spoke to one of her superiors yesterday who was looking into it all but to no avail. told them Im really not impressed and when she said earliest engineer visit available is the 22nd I lost it. told them I was disgusted with their service and that its really appalling start to my life as BT customer. GRRRR wrong day for them to get a buffon to ring me, in such a foul mood today. one of those moods where I just want to hit something and yet just feel deflated all at the same time. Oh well should be nice this afternoon, I can thrash the bike home, hopefully make me feel better
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Some of these big companies really don't care about customer service. They know the market is limited for options and they'll always have a few million people on their accounts.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Agreed, just the wrong day really, not in the mood to deal with stupid people, really I would like to put on my leathers and lid and just block out the outside world today and go riding, round a track would be even better as no idiots on the road there but ill take what I can get right now lol
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

Thanks so much , my CV does need a strip down

Back to BT, I had them and they were a nightmare . Customer service was appalling and I cancelled before the contract ended.

Just couldn't live with them .

So far after having Virgin, Sky and BT Plusnet have been the best all round although I don't have the TV package as I don't have a TV so for internet and phone it's been great

Customer service when things can and do go wrong have been first class.
My internet speed is as it should. Not totally what they said but is any providers ?
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've been pretty impressed with my internet speeds from Virgin media.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I wanted Virgin but we cant get it in our area and Sky wanted silly money really so BT finacially made sense, just wanna throttle someone at the moment though....
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

bb41 wrote:Back to BT, I had them and they were a nightmare . Customer service was appalling and I cancelled before the contract ended.
I've had the misfortune of dealing with them for both residential and business, the customer services for either was some of the worst I have experienced in a long time.

I've been using demon internet as a business customer for about 7 years now, their business support is astounding. They seem to have all the time in the world to help.. The only downside is I still have to rely on a crappy old bit of copper owned by BT..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Living in the very middle of nowhere, I have no access to internets via any sort of cable.

I'm on satellite internet and I have to say I've been pleasantly suprised - 20mbps down and 3.5mbps up all the time.

Works all the time and if there is a problem it's usually because a bird has crapped on the dish :D
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Tell Jane to use the toilet like everyone else then. (giggle)

She may now be a French resident but you don't have to do everything the French do.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:Tell Jane to use the toilet like everyone else then. (giggle)

She may now be a French resident but you don't have to do everything the French do.

How rude.

We use the field behind if you don't mind. (blush)