Credit where credit is due

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Credit where credit is due

Post by T.C. »

Thursday last week, I received a reminder that my driving licence was up for its 10 year renewal/update.

So, rather than wait, I thought I would get on and do it and try the online system.

fairly straight forward and simple, everything including payment went through OK and so I thought it would take at least a couple of weeks for my new licence to arrive in the post.

Blow me down, not less than half an hour ago, new licence drops onto my mat, and to top it all, all my groups and details are correct.

So, one and a half working days and everything is done.

Not usually a fan of DVLA, but for once, I have to say, "Fair play"....

Now I just have to send my old licence back once I have cut it up. :)
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Credit where credit is due

Post by Cav »

I used their system the other week and didn't like it.. seemed to take forever too. My license took about 4 days to arrive, also.

Didn't realise I needed to send the license back to them, I thought I just had to cut it up.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I amended my address and got a notification within a few days.

My wife got her licence back recently after a few days as well after a change of detail.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

I have to add my views to this. The online systems for driving license and passports is excellent.

I needed a new passport so i can go on hols next month (oops forgot to check the dates on it).

Anyway long story short - supplied my own picture and paid online with old passport details - sent old passport back (from France) and 7 days later - new shiny passport. Brilliant service.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

C00kiemonster wrote:I have to add my views to this. The online systems for driving license and passports is excellent.

I needed a new passport so i can go on hols next month (oops forgot to check the dates on it).

Anyway long story short - supplied my own picture and paid online with old passport details - sent old passport back (from France) and 7 days later - new shiny passport. Brilliant service.
Are you going to follow the government advice and switch to a froggy licence just in case Brexit goes titsup?
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

D6Nutz wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:I have to add my views to this. The online systems for driving license and passports is excellent.

Are you going to follow the government advice and switch to a froggy licence just in case Brexit goes titsup?
I'm keeping my UK driving license for now - i keep getting stopped for speeding :D

Passport - we can get a 'Carte de sejour' which allows us residency, but advice is confusing. We may well apply after March depending on what happens - i suspect all this shite will be extended anyway.

If it goes very badly, then we may end up back in the UK sadly, but i hope that doesn't happen as it will change our lives and plans significantly.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

You can't give up on France after all the hard work you've put in.