Game of Thrones - Season 8

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Game of Thrones - Season 8

Post by C00kiemonster »

Watched it this afternoon with the curtains shut. It is dark, but i think it made a good point about the dead and the night king.

I loved how they portrayed the relentlessness of the dead, the only way to stop it was the way it played out. I did think more of the big characters would die tbh.

In some ways the battle was too long tbh.

I've seen the coming next HBO bit too and it spoils a couple of things from the end of this episode in terms of what and who survives sadly.

Some regrouping and then a big old scrap for the throne!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

They promised us a battle better than Helms Deep. It wasn't. The Dothraki weren't seen. Nice idea but they're feared warriors. To finish them off like that was pretty cheap.

The Unsullied didn't do too much, just held the line.

Considering how many made it back through the gate, why were there so few on the walls?

This is game of thrones, people die. After last week's farewell scene I was expecting a few more to go. You had a lot of main characters in very dire situations yet they all walked away. Jorah and Theon died good deaths.

I do hope that they've not killed the Red Witch story as she's the one who knows the truth about Pendry.

Arya kept switching between lethal killer to someone who couldn't even play hide and seek.

The Night King's dragon could destroy the wall yet he left it out of the fight until the undead had breached the defences.

Daenerys seemed to totally forget about Jon's revelation last week.

Using the snow storm to hide the battle was crap and it was far too dark IMO.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:They promised us a battle better than Helms Deep. It wasn't. The Dothraki weren't seen. Nice idea but they're feared warriors. To finish them off like that was pretty cheap.

The Unsullied didn't do too much, just held the line.

Considering how many made it back through the gate, why were there so few on the walls?

This is game of thrones, people die. After last week's farewell scene I was expecting a few more to go. You had a lot of main characters in very dire situations yet they all walked away. Jorah and Theon died good deaths.

I do hope that they've not killed the Red Witch story as she's the one who knows the truth about Pendry.

Arya kept switching between lethal killer to someone who couldn't even play hide and seek.

The Night King's dragon could destroy the wall yet he left it out of the fight until the undead had breached the defences.

Daenerys seemed to totally forget about Jon's revelation last week.

Using the snow storm to hide the battle was crap and it was far too dark IMO.
Its certainly not as good as the other 7 series imo. It's almost like they have rushed the scripts tbh.
TriumphFan
Your Bike: Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports

Post by TriumphFan »

They’ve got to leave some folk to kill off in the next three episodes...

Watched it again - loved it - best thing I’ve seen on the telly box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky I agree with everything you said, poorly shot, far too dark, I had my tv as bright as it could go so it looked naff but was only way I could see anything, More characters needed to die, its all got a bit too safe, you used to fear for EVERYONE, now you just know that the main characters will find a way out, its all got a bit Hollywood in that regard. the Arya ending didn't bother me too much in that it was her that killed him, what bothered me was how predictable it was.

If anything I actually preferred the episode before with all the character building. Im not sure I have anything good to say about it really.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I think it shows that the writers have a lack of ambition and imagination. Even the script seems to be pretty poor now. Even Tyrion seems to be limited to silly one liners.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:I think it shows that the writers have a lack of ambition and imagination. Even the script seems to be pretty poor now. Even Tyrion seems to be limited to silly one liners.
Its become obvious that they have overtaken the source material and it is no longer George RR Martins vision. Im hoping the last couple of episodes redeem it but based on last night im not so sure. It feels like its just going through the motions of what they think the fans want (and based on the feedback I saw on facebook they do seem to have pleased most fans) by going for huge dragon battles, but really Game of Thrones for me was at its best when it was about the people, the treachery and lying and backstabbing and greed for the throne. it was intimate and no one was safe, now you just feel like if Jon Snow doesn't end up as King so many people will be disappointed and the writers seem scared of doing that.

I cant be the only one who had a little piece me hoping the night king would win and the series would end with him on the iron throne? that would have been unexpected.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

If they cobble together a story were Jon and Daeny end up together on the throne I'm going to sue HBO.

It's Gendry and Arya otherwise I'm having a breakdown.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

the Iron Bank will be the winner , Banks never lose .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The darkness explained

https://slate.com/culture/2019/04/game- ... aints.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:The darkness explained

https://slate.com/culture/2019/04/game- ... aints.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
what a joke, its not our fault, its yours for not having decent enough TV's and the cable companies for compressing the signal. It was borderline unwatcahbale.

Unrealted I get what he is saying about the music mixing, im currently running through mixes with my producer of some stuff ive been working on and that was my job last night listening through cheap speakers to see how it came out!
TriumphFan

Post by TriumphFan »

George Martin has mentioned something about the books having a different ending to the TV series. This would put restrictions on what the writers can come up with unfortunately.

There’s still 3 episodes to go, so we still don’t really know what is going to happen.

Luckily we just got a spanking new all sinning and dancing Ultra HD tellys so absolutely no issues with picture or sound thankfully. Can see how some would miss a lot of what went on.

Still think it’s the best thing produced for TV though. A lot of the main characters have had small parts so far, there’s still a lot to be brought out....

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I enjoyed that episode but at the same time it felt a bit tired and jaded, like the show has run its course.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

I felt that Jon could've at least gave his direwolf a pat on the **** head before he left!!!
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Just finished watching. It jumped around a lot and again, doesn't have the quality of previous series.

2 to go.....
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

After watching that episode I couldn't help but think I really don't give a shit what happens now.
TriumphFan

Post by TriumphFan »

Anything possible in the next two episodes.

This episode was always going to be the scene setter for finale, let’s hope it’s worth it.

C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:After watching that episode I couldn't help but think I really don't give a shit what happens now.
I do kind of understand that.

We need shocks and unpredictability and it isnt there. I don't even think the second dragon is really dead tbh. It all happened too quick and no build up.

My predication is that Cersei be killed by her brother when he finds out his child now has a different father. Or Arya does her in - Daenerys is too impulsive and will get killed imo.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I think Varys is working for the Iron Bank. He talked about working for the realm. He's been close to the king/queen.