Ford Europe

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Ford Europe

Post by Blade »

According to the Office of National Statistics Yes (lol) exactly that (blush)
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

(rolf)

Keep taking the pills.

Feck it, can I have some?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Yet according to the news today British firms are struggling to fill job vacancies as there are insufficient skilled workers available.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Tell them not to worry, they'll be a load of Ford workers drawing up their CVs as we speak.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

:D That’s ok if you want to make a Ford Fiesta I suppose. No money in it though.
Blade

Post by Blade »

So we are inviting unskilled labour to live here to fill the skills gap.

I agree with you Duke this government is a joke (lol)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Did you know....
Attachments
48984838_10161754847621337_7369801414760988672_n.jpg
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

yes I was aware of that and it costs the NHS millions as everyone else claims their dues and we dont, its a joke being paid for by our taxes.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Jack wrote:yes I was aware of that and it costs the NHS millions as everyone else claims their dues and we dont, its a joke being paid for by our taxes.
I would suggest that is our government's fault as a lack of control and systems to ensure that doesn't happen.

I dont get free healthcare in France as it is well administrated and controlled.

Most of the UK's ills are their own fault, not Europe.

Those who blame others for our own issues will never be happy. Change in Britain is needed, not elsewhere.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Unless this Government wakes up to some basic facts about the world as it is today, then there will be no **** left working here in 20 years time.

More and more skilled jobs are being replaced by computers. My job will not exist in less than 20 years time. Replaced by computers.

My wife heard this week how the skilled workers in the court system are being replaced by minimum wage workers who can operate a computer and input data.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I agree with the skilled workers argument.. Why have a team of experts when you can have a team of analysts instead. Hardly a substitute but this is the path they take
Blade

Post by Blade »

I can only imagine the highly skilled fruit pickers and other highly skilled hotel cleaners etc...are paying a fair amount into the national money pot.

I'm sure they don't take more out directly and indirectly than there couple of hundred quid an annun tax bill.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

What about those working in the NHS? Are they not skilled workers? We certainly won’t be able to replace them from within the UK. And as to the fruit pickers argument, Brits are too **** idle to do the job. So that industry will cease to exist.

However you look at it this Country will not be better off outside the EU economically. If the only criteria most voted to leave is based on immigration then there is going to be a very expensive cost involved to pay for it.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Blade wrote:I can only imagine the highly skilled fruit pickers and other highly skilled hotel cleaners etc...are paying a fair amount into the national money pot.

I'm sure they don't take more out directly and indirectly than there couple of hundred quid an annun tax bill.
They buy stuff with their wages. We need workers, even the low paid ones, to keep the economy ticking over.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Don't panic, Ahmed the Brain Surgeon isn't after your job.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:What about those working in the NHS? Are they not skilled workers? We certainly won’t be able to replace them from within the UK. And as to the fruit pickers argument, Brits are too **** idle to do the job. So that industry will cease to exist.

However you look at it this Country will not be better off outside the EU economically. If the only criteria most voted to leave is based on immigration then there is going to be a very expensive cost involved to pay for it.
Depends on job in the NHS tbh. Your not skilled simply because your employed by the NHS, no that is not the case.

People won't be too idle to do a job if they don't get benefits or handouts. Make people work and make work pay. Yes people have tried to solve this issue and failed, but failure to achieve is not acceptable imo, it's not an unachievable goal so make it happen, simple as that for me.

Too many pansies in this country imo. People need to take alot more individual responsibility for their own lives and stop expecting the state to wipe their arse and sort out any problem they may face. There is a place for a welfare state, I totally agree and there are genuine cases worthy of support obviously, but imo it's not sustainable or even acceptable in its currently very abused form.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Total amount of benefit fraud in 2017 £1.9bn

Total amount of unclaimed benefits in 2017 was £20.2bn

Total amount of uncollected tax £34.4bn.

Average profile of benefit fraud claimant : white, female, aged 45-55.

If the government spent more money on collecting taxes we would all be a lot better off.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

The Government aim their tax collection at small business and individuals who are not wealthy. If they aimed that at the wealthy big companies and individuals they would get a lot more tax in.

Last two months I spent 10x more time in fees for a single client on a supposed compliance issue than the Revenue collected in tax when they found there was no real issue to answer.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:Total amount of benefit fraud in 2017 £1.9bn

If the government spent more money on collecting taxes we would all be a lot better off.
I wasn't talking about benefit fraud or tax evasion tbh mate, that is a separate issue.

My point is the unskilled labour that has come here and gained UK citizenship are legally taking more out of the system both directly and indirectly than they contribute and that's an unesscary burden.

Its my opinion only, but people who come to this country should bring the skills we need, not simply unskilled labour, which we already have but refuses to work with lame excuses.

Using the excuse we need unskilled labour coming to the UK as a section of the currently unemployed people won't do it doesn't wash with me. Our politicians should grow a pair and stop giving out hand outs to people who refuse to work and contribute to society if they have no valid reason for such.

I know there is no easy fix to a complex problem, which isn't as black and white as I rant about above but the Politicians volunteered to take their role and accept payment for it, with that comes an expectation to delivery a fair system.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:
Kwacky wrote:Total amount of benefit fraud in 2017 £1.9bn

I wasn't talking about benefit fraud or tax evasion tbh mate, that is a separate issue.

My point is the unskilled labour that has come here and gained UK citizenship are legally taking more out of the system both directly and indirectly than they contribute and that's an unesscary burden.

Its my opinion only, but people who come to this country should bring the skills we need, not simply unskilled labour, which we already have but refuses to work with lame excuses.

Using the excuse we need unskilled labour coming to the UK as a section of the currently unemployed people won't do it doesn't wash with me. Our politicians should grow a pair and stop giving out hand outs to people who refuse to work and contribute to society if they have no valid reason for such.

I know there is no easy fix to a complex problem, which isn't as black and white as I rant about above but the Politicians volunteered to take their role and accept payment for it, with that comes an expectation to delivery a fair system.
Before we moved the road we lived in was a 50/50 mix of private vs council accommodation. All the council residents where British (we live in one of "those" villages).

Every house had multiple cars and fecking big telly's in each room. Speaking to a few of them, they where more than well voice in how to exploit the system for maximum income and making sure they never had to work.

I don't doubt that the it's a reasonable foreign element taking the piss out of our screwed up system, but there are more than plenty of our own doing exactly the same.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti