This will please Frankie

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

This will please Frankie

Post by Kwacky »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46294511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Motorists should be offered cheaper insurance if they take a course to make them more aware of cyclists on the roads, the government says.

The Department for Transport also wants to give councils more powers to tackle parking in cycling lanes.

It is proposing a series of 50 measures in a bid to reduce the number of cyclists and pedestrians killed.

Obviously motorbikers being killed isn't an issue. We usually account for more than three times the road deaths than cyclists.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: This will please Frankie

Post by Frankie »

What a load of horse @@@@, In fairness Many road users need more education, but hey let's look at the cyclist, not the solo or even twin cyclist, but the pack mentality cyclist, he or she doe snot seem to give rats backside to what is going on around them. I have yet to see one group, yes one group, actually go into a single file or even pair on a road, when they clearly have a mass of cars and what not queuing up Behind them. Even tractors and slow vehicles make the effort to pull over when the build up gets a bit much!!
So I say yes bring on more training why not, every day is a school day and I am happy to learn more, but bring back cycle proficiency tests for born again, should not wear Lycra with that arse, cyclists and if they fail they should be banned from riding on the public highway. Times have changed, I accept that, so should some rules on who is using the road and how. I am all for people doing what they want to be fitter and more green, but we are not taking about the cyclist commuter (well i am not regarding my comments) this is the weekend cyclists, who have got my goat on this subject. As for motorcycles I could not get anything more up to date on the figures than 2015... worth a look. We have got More aware and better at avoiding the nasty outcome over the years by the looks, still that figure is very high for the SMIDSY stat.....

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3-data.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Just take the course Frankie. (rolf)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

(rolf) (rolf) (rolf) I am totally aware of them already, that's the whole point (facepalm) (rolf)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I was millimeters from killing at least one cyclist and myself on one road ride.

Came round an uphill hedge-lined bend on a narrow-ish B-road. Cyclists 3-abreast, oncoming motorhome breaching my side of the road and I was doing about the national limit. Fortunately I had taken my IAM by this point so my wheels were in position 4 of 5 (I always leave 5 clear in case of motorhomes/lorries on my side) but I estimate my head was in position 2 or 3. Well the cyclists filled positions 1, 2 & 3 so I had to rapidly pull my body back into position 4. I could feel the draught I created passing this cyclist and it pulled me off line - god know what happened to him.

I've never been so angry when riding on the road that at this time.. self-entitled and lycra makes them invicible clearly!

****!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Agreed. No reason to have them on the road now. Unless we have the room for a cycle lane...But even they dont seem to get used. We have a huge one down our main road all the way into our main town Reading. It was never there before and used to be a nice bit of road easy to filter etc, now they have a cycle lane and to be fair I dont see anyone using it! Be better off having it on the path and saving the room on the road

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk