Interserve on the brink

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Interserve on the brink

Post by duke63 »

Another Company about to fail who use a ridiculous business plan.

I wonder how many very wealthy Directors will walk away with not a care in the world whilst those who they owe money to, struggle to survive?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-46191830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Interserve on the brink

Post by Kwacky »

75,000 jobs on the line
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

duke63 wrote:
I wonder how many very wealthy Directors will walk away with not a care in the world whilst those who they owe money to, struggle to survive?
Around 10??? Think there's usually around 10-12 people that sit on a board.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Seeking another Government bailout.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46494465" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I'll be glad when the end of the world is finally over and we can move on. Brexit must be a cynical pessimists wet dream (giggle)

Once in a life time opportunity for doom and gloom, fake news and fear tactics.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

This isn't really about Brexit but everything to do with the appalling way these companies are allowed to quote and bid on Government contracts.

I have been told they bid at a loss with the intention of taking the money back from their suppliers and subcontractors and thus making a profit. Problem is they are now running out of suppliers who want to do business with them.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Tbh Duke I didn't even read it. It was a general comment. So much negative doom and gloom rammed down our necks at every opportunity I just ignore 99.9% of it these days. Unless you want to slit your wrists there is no point watching, reading or listening to the fake news these days.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade couldn't agree more. Far too much doom and gloom and they try to pick out the smallest of things to provoke big reactions. I can't stand British media they are intent on starting a war!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Could go into administration today.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

duke63 wrote:This isn't really about Brexit but everything to do with the appalling way these companies are allowed to quote and bid on Government contracts.

I have been told they bid at a loss with the intention of taking the money back from their suppliers and subcontractors and thus making a profit. Problem is they are now running out of suppliers who want to do business with them.
These outfits do, some bank on what they class as extra not tendered on in the first place, ( which no doubt others tendering actually accounted for in their packages) so would have been more of a cost effective bid in the first place, back handers still go on to award the contracts to the wrong companies, and then yes all the sub cons and people like me get hit with " well I know your cost was 100k, but I have only got 70k in the job for your stuff" FFS.....how many times...... so then you either buckle and get someway in the middle to work for everyone, or as I do, say I have given you the best from the start to secure the job, so I can sharpen possibly a couple of percent, but that's it.

I either win out and they rape someone else's product, or my competition put forward totally cheep crap which a) does not comply with regs, b) does not actually do the job specified. So the end client lose out and the job is second rate throughout.

The other area where there business model is aim would be to take on the school, uni, office or whatever the build or service is and provide maintence over the next 20 yrs, and this is where they try to get profit, as then the end client is Locked into high costs for service and low for the build.
It's all wrong and criminal, as you say, apart from the holding companies board of directors (mainly our so called politicians ) hiding up there, nobody makes a profit, and companies get crushed, or assset strippers rape and pillage, again killing people's lives and so the downward spiral continues :(
GREED......that's what it boils down to....:(
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Gone into administration after American hedge fund voted down the rescue plan.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

This will have a major ripple effect, as with Carillion many people wont get paid and companies will fold adding to the mess. :(