'They Shall Not Grow Old'

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: 'They Shall Not Grow Old'

Post by D41 »

Monty wrote:“The war of 1914-18 was imperialist (that is, an annexationist, predatory, war of plunder) on the part of both sides; it was a war for the division of the world, for the partition and repartition of colonies and spheres of influence of finance capital.” - Lenin

Their wars, our dead
You do realise that you're quoting someone who helped to start, & subsequently led, revolutionary forces in a long & bloody civil war in his own country ??
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:
Monty wrote:“The war of 1914-18 was imperialist (that is, an annexationist, predatory, war of plunder) on the part of both sides; it was a war for the division of the world, for the partition and repartition of colonies and spheres of influence of finance capital.” - Lenin

Their wars, our dead
You do realise that you're quoting someone who helped to start, & subsequently led, revolutionary forces in a long & bloody civil war in his own country ??
Doesn't make him wrong, God bless John Lenin.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

No, but he did the groundwork & laid the foundation, for a country that would ultimately follow the same path of imperial ism....albeit with a different sign hanging over the door, da??
Monty

Post by Monty »

His fist act was to cede power to non Russian nation states like Finland, Estonia and Poland. Hardly imperialistic, are you thinking of Stalin?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

Lolz.

You're defending Lenin!!!

(rolf)
Monty

Post by Monty »

No not at all, just tactfully pointing out that you don't know what you're typing about. (lol)
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

Hang on.....WHEN did Lenin say this??
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

When all told, the "War to end all Wars" was fought between sovereign nations, embarked for political reasons & at huge cost to the peoples of all sides.
IMHO we have already failed to honour their sacrifice, by failing to learn the lesson from that first global conflict.
Nonetheless I believe that, one hundred years later the fact that (we) have voted to effectively to try to head back down the Nationalist route is to further piss on their graves.
Watching that documentary, and listening to the integrity & honesty of those interviewed, made me further ashamed of the result of our referendum.
Monty

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:Hang on.....WHEN did Lenin say this??
He didn't say it, it was his first act when he came into power. The Declaration of the Peoples Rights, 1900 and something.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

Declaration of the Rights of the Peoples of Russia
one of the first acts of the Soviet state, confirmed by the Sovnarkom (Council of People’s Commissars) of the RSFSR on Nov. 2 (15), 1917. The declaration strongly condemns the policy of provoking one people against another, a policy carried out by the tsarist government and subsequently by the bourgeois Provisional Government in the case of the peoples inhabiting Russia. This policy of oppression of peoples was contrasted with the policy of voluntary union of the peoples of Russia. The declaration proclaims the following fundamental principles of the Leninist policy on peoples: equality and sovereignty of the peoples of Russia; the right of the peoples of Russia to free self-determination, including secession and the formation of an independent state; the abolition of all privileges and restrictions based on ethnic or ethnic-religious distinctions; and the free development of national minorities and ethnic groups inhabiting the territory of Russia.
REFERENCE
Istoriia Sovetskoi-Konstitutsii: Sb. dokumentov 1917-1957. Moscow, 1957. Pages 19-20.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

Dude....he started a civil war in which thousands died - you're telling me that's the ideal way to form a govt., to terrorize a people into subjugate obedience??
Monty

Post by Monty »

I'm fairly certain I didn't tell you any of those things. Mr Dunning-Kruger!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

D41 wrote:Dude....he started a civil war in which thousands died - you're telling me that's the ideal way to form a govt., to terrorize a people into subjugate obedience??
It's sounding very very appealing to me at the moment.
D41

Post by D41 »

I take your point.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

StMarks wrote:When all told, the "War to end all Wars" was fought between sovereign nations, embarked for political reasons & at huge cost to the peoples of all sides.
IMHO we have already failed to honour their sacrifice, by failing to learn the lesson from that first global conflict.
Nonetheless I believe that, one hundred years later the fact that (we) have voted to effectively to try to head back down the Nationalist route is to further piss on their graves.
Watching that documentary, and listening to the integrity & honesty of those interviewed, made me further ashamed of the result of our referendum.
Totally agree....
Monty

Post by Monty »

Frankie wrote:
StMarks wrote:When all told, the "War to end all Wars" was fought between sovereign nations, embarked for political reasons & at huge cost to the peoples of all sides.
Totally agree....
Me too, very well put.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

The world should be getting smaller and borders getting shorter. We've just put it back 50 years.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

This thread isn't to do with the referendum, you guys already have a massive thread telling everyone how bad its all going to be etc etc can you please keep that talk in that thread.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
D41

Post by D41 »

It's always race & religion....two things that should unite us, which ultimately will always divide us..
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It's not in the West. It's politics. Religion can be a vehicle for hate, that's true. But remind me the last time the US or any European country went to war over religion.

Countless people object to halal meat. When was the last time you heard anyone complain about kosher meat? Politics. We're being told not to like Muslims but at the same time we're being told that anyone who dares speak out about Israel is anti-Semitic and should be punished.