Now I know I am getting old

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Now I know I am getting old

Post by T.C. »

I am an honourary life member of the Thames Valley RoSPA group which caters for both bikes and cars. https://roadartvg.org.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last night I was invited to the 40th anniversary celebrations having been involved with the group since 1981, so the very early days.

A very enjoyable evening was had by all and it was a delight to catch up with members I had lost touch with over the years for various reasons.

What I wasn't ready for was the number of people who came over to say Hi and then reminded me that I was either their tutor, examiner or lecturer for the theory sessions 30+ years ago.

That was when it made me appreciate just how time has moved on and that we are all getting old or are old. I am sure some of them just wanted to remind me out of spite because I gave them a bad grade, but also wanted t show off how good their memory is compared to mine ;)
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Now I know I am getting old

Post by C00kiemonster »

T.C. wrote:I am an honourary life member of the Thames Valley RoSPA group which caters for both bikes and cars. https://roadartvg.org.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last night I was invited to the 40th anniversary celebrations having been involved with the group since 1981, so the very early days.

A very enjoyable evening was had by all and it was a delight to catch up with members I had lost touch with over the years for various reasons.

What I wasn't ready for was the number of people who came over to say Hi and then reminded me that I was either their tutor, examiner or lecturer for the theory sessions 30+ years ago.

That was when it made me appreciate just how time has moved on and that we are all getting old or are old. I am sure some of them just wanted to remind me out of spite because I gave them a bad grade, but also wanted t show off how good their memory is compared to mine ;)
Sounds like you deserve you honorary membership. It's good to give your time to help people. So many selfish people out there would benefit from helping other people out instead of just doing their own thing.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Top man, a well deserved honour
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Awesome buddy. Nice to hear this

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk