Windrush

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Windrush

Post by Kwacky »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 49101.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This news seems to have been swept under the carpet.

Members of the Windrush generation will be refused British citizenship, the government has announced.

In a statement issued late on Friday afternoon, home secretary Sajid Javid said a number of Caribbean nationals who came to Britain between 1948 and 1971 would not qualify for citizenship because they failed to meet the “necessary good character requirement” due to committing criminal offences.

Windrush citizens are supposed to be afforded the same rights as British citizens, so the announcement is likely to prompt renewed accusations that they are effectively awarded second-class status.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Windrush

Post by Rossgo »

So they can't stay because they are criminals and us law abiding citizens have had to carry their arses?! That's outrageous, I want them to stay, they deserve the rights of us who work hard and take the hard times with the rough without resorting to crime

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

im.jpg
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Hmmmm.....these people came to the UK & fcuked up, it appears??

I dunno.....I know that if I fcuk up over here I could potentially lose my US Citizenship. It would have to be something major....a "really bad felony" or something equally heinous.
Citizenship granted to foreign nationals is for productive members of society....it's not 2nd class, you just don't have the birthright thing to fall back on.

Tch....foreigners, huh?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's any criminal record. No matter what the offence is. So that's been caught breaking the law in a 23 year period and they can't stay here unless they can prove that they lived here before 1973.

The change in criteria isn't the biggest issue here (unless it directly affects you). What's amazing is how the government has access to criminal records from that far back but can't find any evidence of these people living here before 1973. it's more proof of how the UK has treated people they invited to work here and now wants to shit on them from a massive height.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

P.S. I forgot to mention, there are massive pension savings to be made by kicking out these Windrush immigrants.

Not that I'm suggesting for a second that's the reason for it.
D41

Post by D41 »

Well...there's no statute of limitations or similar, is there?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

D41 wrote:Well...there's no statute of limitations or similar, is there?

For what?
D41

Post by D41 »

Anything.
D41

Post by D41 »

Oh nevermind....they've already been through the system for that.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I agree with D here!! Break the law suffer the consequences. They wanted to come here to be law abiding citizens and to have a better life. Not to live off us for a free ride, we have enough from every other country who believe that is prefectly acceptable.

I used to work with a bloke (he was a tw@) but when he was younger he went over to the states with his friends. He stayed and worked for months until he was caught. He was kicked out and banned from going back even now he's on the watch list apprently and said if he enters he would be on the first plane back. All he did was bar work for a bit of money in the sun without the correct documentation. He didnt murder anyone! And yet we our little GB people are so soft we would allow these criminals to stay over here.

They are criminals, they are not people

I think we have lost touch with so much nowadays!

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo wrote:I agree with D here!! Break the law suffer the consequences. They wanted to come here to be law abiding citizens and to have a better life. Not to live off us for a free ride, we have enough from every other country who believe that is prefectly acceptable.
Rossgo, what makes you think they haven't contributed.

By the way, I have a criminal record. Does that mean I'm no longer a person and/or contributing towards society?
D41

Post by D41 »

You do??

Do tell.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

So what are you saying? We should allow people with serious offences to stay in our country when they broke the rules? I can understand the guys who was caught with a bit of green or something but the guys who spent serious time inside are all of a sudden model citizens and should be allowed to be around us even if they are old people?

Weve lost touch.

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's nothing exciting, I was 19 at the time and got caught doing something silly. I admitted the charge of criminal damage. Kind of hard not to when 4 coppers see you do it :)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo wrote:So what are you saying? We should allow people with serious offences...
Who mentioned serious offences?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:
Rossgo wrote:So what are you saying? We should allow people with serious offences...
Who mentioned serious offences?
Good question. I'm spitballing, I can't imagine all were done for littering!

I'm guessing out of the x amount of people at least one of those will be voilent scum!

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

This are the key points:

The government promised these people British citizenship.

These people are asking for it.

The government has refused, saying it can't find the paperwork. So everyone has to prove they've lived here between 1948 and 1971

However, the government has all of the paperwork it needs to say you've got a criminal record. Even though they've got no details of anyone living here.

The point is that our government is lying to stop people claiming the pensions they've worked for.

I agree, violent criminals and persistent offenders shouldn't have an automatic right to claim UK citizenship. But surely it should be done on a case by case basis?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:This are the key points:

The government promised these people British citizenship.

These people are asking for it.

The government has refused, saying it can't find the paperwork. So everyone has to prove they've lived here between 1948 and 1971

However, the government has all of the paperwork it needs to say you've got a criminal record. Even though they've got no details of anyone living here.

The point is that our government is lying to stop people claiming the pensions they've worked for.

I agree, violent criminals and persistent offenders shouldn't have an automatic right to claim UK citizenship. But surely it should be done on a case by case basis?
Couldn't agree more mate. Think that is very well put to be honest. When they have worked for it for more years than us I would hate not to give them their right to something they have slogged for, paying taxes, raising their children, and let's be honest back then it would of been an amazing life to go and live in Britain. I hope they honor this and these people do have the evidence. I'm sure they will have something but then again at those times it wasn't the easiest of times. However i cant see them being pushed out I think we will make allowances somewhere. News articles lile to press our buttons

Yes i agree case by case. Not all crimes are the same. Like I say a guy who likes a bit of green in their evenings aren't a threat...even though the police seem to think its the end of the world when they find it on someone Image but a voilent pedo who abused and then killed little girls that's a totally different conversation. I personally wouldn't even want to pay for them for being in our prison system...just take them on a boat in the middle of the sea and let them take a swim....!

kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:
By the way, I have a criminal record. Does that mean I'm no longer a person and/or contributing towards society?
Something else we have have in common (lol)

I’m surprised though that didn’t affect a career in law?
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.