Cannabis

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Cannabis

Post by D41 »

Yes....but as you say, that's for medical use in a prescribed manner for physical ailments.
Medical use is not the issue....people self-medicating is what causes the problems, and that's typically done to mask and/or alleviate mental issues rather than those of a physical nature.

I need a (d)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thing about weed is lots of people smoke it, to be fair lots wont talk about it as its a 'chill fag' for them and thats it.

I personally wouldnt agree if it was legalised for medication reasons only. Sounds strange but this seems pointless to me. However i really am split on the matter, if it became legal would it push harder drugs eg like Amsterdam where dealers will stand on street corners etc.

I dont know.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Cannabis based medicine will be available from this Autumn

About time

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44968386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I guess everything in this earth has got a use it's down to the individuals not to abuse it. Medication reasons only seems pointless though. There's too many people who smoke it and still has the same issue as before, dealers etc

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45674260" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Canada has decided to legalise the use and sale of the drug.

That's my 50th birthday party destination sorted then.
D41

Post by D41 »

You'd go all the way to Canada for a birthday party & a legal joint??

That's dedication.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I do want to go to Canada, regardless of the laws on Mary Jane.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

so many points of view that I flip flop each time this subject comes up.. I've seen one family member who thought his recreational use was doing no harm but try telling his partner at the time that, he was slowly losing his mental stability and rationale .
He is now clean and we have the person he once was luckily with no lasting effects as yet after 4 years off it .
I have seen more destruction with alcohol dependence with even more devastating effects on family with no sign of the problem being addressed so not sure if alcohol or cannabis are worse even though alcohol is legal.
My husband has a very close family member who is also addicted to something legal which again has caused disruption which has given even more problems to the family .....food. They are morbidly obese, unable to get out of the chair to wash or use the loo, type 2 diabetes that will result very shortly double amputation but can however get to the kitchen to grab mountains of crap to eat . She has cost the NHS huge amounts as GP has to home visit and this person is in constant denial
My addiction was smoking, again legal .. 4.5 months smoke free so far but each day I battle with wanting one badly.

It appears that making it legal still won't stop an addiction but whether it is a gateway to harder drugs alone I'm not totally convinced , I think that is more down to who you hang around with rather than to legalise cannabis or not

In my yoof we used to smoke it occasionally as it was cheaper than buying a beer.... thankfully that was all it was a means to an end and never had any wish to partake since... the thing I hate most is going to music festivals and that god awful smell everywhere you go ..puts me right off
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cannabis now is very strong compared to the stuff I used to smoke in the 80s and 90s. I don't like it. It's not a social smoke it's just there to turn you into a zombie. A spliff was a social thing for me, like a beer. Have a few smokes, watch some videos, play some video games, listen to some music. You felt the effects but you could still function.

I've said it before, but the clamp down in the 90s created the modern strong strains we've got today.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

The strength appears to be the problem .. `I think it was referred to as Skunk in my day ... way OTT for me..
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Can I be a real loser and honestly admit that im 30, I spent most of my youth playing in metal bands with guys who were always stoned even when playing, and yet I have never ever touched a joint, or any drugs for that matter bar alcohol.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That doesn't make you a loser. It means you've exercised your right to have a choice. It's evidence that mixing with people who take drugs doesn't turn you into a drug user.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:That doesn't make you a loser. It means you've exercised your right to have a choice. It's evidence that mixing with people who take drugs doesn't turn you into a drug user.
I have no problem with anyone that wants to take drugs at all, its their choice, as I say I have a LOT of friends who use daily probably, and that's fine and Id never make them stop (unless I could see they needed help as it had got out of hand) as you say its my choice just not to but I do feel like the exception, to be honest I have just literally never felt the need to try it, I drink and always figured that was enough for me, truth be told back in the day my drinking put all theirs to shame so our inebriated states evened out I'm sure, but as I say I don't judge anyone who does.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Totally agree, you Are not a looser mate. You haven't fallen for peer pressure you've stuck to your guns

Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Rossgo wrote:Totally agree, you Are not a looser mate. You haven't fallen for peer pressure you've stuck to your guns

HAHA that makes it sound far noble than it was, in truth my mates are good, none of them ever pressured me into trying it, they would always offer, Id always say no and that was that.
D41

Post by D41 »

The problem is seldom with the alcohol or the weed. The person using it is the problem. Or has the problem.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cavetroll87 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Totally agree, you Are not a looser mate. You haven't fallen for peer pressure you've stuck to your guns

HAHA that makes it sound far noble than it was, in truth my mates are good, none of them ever pressured me into trying it, they would always offer, Id always say no and that was that.
To be fair. They sound like decent people and ones you want to hold onto

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Nah, you want to hang out with people who force drugs down ya neck ;) (lol)
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:That doesn't make you a loser. It means you've exercised your right to have a choice. It's evidence that mixing with people who take drugs doesn't turn you into a drug user.

I think CT was talking about the whole metal bands-thing...... (giggle)

(emo) (nod) :D