Tommy Robinson

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Kwacky » 30 May 2018, 13:00

Regardless of the presence of a jury member, the rules are quire clear. You cannot report on a case that has reporting restrictions. Robinson knew this.

Standing somewhere is one thing, live broadcasting on facebook is another. One is legal, the other is in breach of a current court order.

Breach of the peace is a catch all offence.

You don't have to be charged with the offence you were arrested for.

He was taken to court and he PLEADED GUILTY. So the Court dealt with him there and then.

He is not the victim.

He is not a PITA to politicians, far from it. He and Farage helped get the Brexit vote with their anti immigration rhetoric. He is only looking at Muslims involved with underage girls, not EDL members, not members of the church, not members (past and present) or Parliament, not the rich. If he applied the same effort to looking at the church scandal he would have an unfortunate accident.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25131
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1817 times
Been thanked: 4128 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Jack » 30 May 2018, 13:45

why were there not reporting restrictions on all the other abuse cases ?
if reporting on a case can affect the outcome as has been suggested then why are there not reporting restrictions on all cases ?
I believe the instrument they use is called a D-Notice and is intended for use in matters of national security , I don't see how it applies in cases such as this where there is obviously no matters of national security involved . I am well aware of the levels of depravity within the Church and the Government and the rich and powerful and as you say he would probably come to a sticky end if he were to try to take any of those groups on, I am fairly certain that there are many within our society that would wish that upon him as it is , I do not like him but he does make some points that I tend to agree with .
Jack
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 582 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Kwacky » 30 May 2018, 13:52

Jack wrote:why were there not reporting restrictions on all the other abuse cases ?


There were. His previous conviction where he got the suspended sentence was for doing exactly the same thing he did last week - reporting on a restricted cased.

If you read the very first post in this thread that's stated, together with a copy of the judgment.

From page 11 of the Judgment:-


".....is one of three months' imprisonment which
will be suspended for a period of 18 months. That
will be suspended. There will be no conditions that
need to be attached to that suspended sentence, but
you should be under no illusions that if you commit
any further offence of any kind, and that would
include, I would have thought a further contempt of
court by similar actions, then that sentence of three
months would be activated, and that would be on top of
anything else that you were given by any other court."
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25131
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1817 times
Been thanked: 4128 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Kwacky » 30 May 2018, 13:54

Jack wrote:if reporting on a case can affect the outcome as has been suggested then why are there not reporting restrictions on all cases ?


It is determined on a case by case basis. You don't hear about them, because there are reporting restrictions in place.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25131
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1817 times
Been thanked: 4128 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Kwacky » 30 May 2018, 13:57

Jack wrote:
I believe the instrument they use is called a D-Notice and is intended for use in matters of national security , I don't see how it applies in cases such as this where there is obviously no matters of national security involved ..


No. A DA Notice is different and is not the same as was applied in this case. For a start, they're voluntary. You can't be held in contempt of a DA Notice because they're not the same as a court ordering parties not to report on a case.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25131
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1817 times
Been thanked: 4128 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby D41 » 30 May 2018, 14:26

So the DA is N/A...and in essence worth sweet FA??

Yay or Nay?
User avatar
D41
 
Posts: 6011
Joined: 22 Sep 2014, 11:36
Has thanked: 1870 times
Been thanked: 499 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Kwacky » 30 May 2018, 14:28

Indeed
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25131
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1817 times
Been thanked: 4128 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Jack » 30 May 2018, 14:36

Kwacky wrote:
Jack wrote:why were there not reporting restrictions on all the other abuse cases ?


There were. His previous conviction where he got the suspended sentence was for doing exactly the same thing he did last week - reporting on a restricted cased.

If you read the very first post in this thread that's stated, together with a copy of the judgment.

From page 11 of the Judgment:-


".....is one of three months' imprisonment which
will be suspended for a period of 18 months. That
will be suspended. There will be no conditions that
need to be attached to that suspended sentence, but
you should be under no illusions that if you commit
any further offence of any kind, and that would
include, I would have thought a further contempt of
court by similar actions, then that sentence of three
months would be activated, and that would be on top of
anything else that you were given by any other court."


I wasn't referring to other Muslim related abuse cases but abuse cases in general like Rolf Harris , Eddie Hall etc where there have been daily reports in the papers and on TV , why are these cases any different to cases involving muslims ? It does appear to be a double standard that I and many others cannot find a reason for or don't understand . If a trial can be affected by being reported then surely anyone who has had an ongoing case reported on has cause for appeal , I don't see what a reporter could say that could influence a jury one way or the other , the jury is in the court and has all the evidence presented to them surely that is the basis for the conclusion not the opinion of some journalist .
Jack
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 582 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Kwacky » 30 May 2018, 14:51

It's got phuck all to do with Muslims. Don't fall for that racist shit. Every case is dealt with on a case by case basis.

THERE ARE ONGOING INVESTIGATIONS SURROUNDING THE GROOMING OF GIRLS TO WHICH BOTH OF THE CASES ROBINSON REPORTED ON ARE RELATED. So the court imposed a reporting restriction. Everyone else obeyed that order. Robinson, already on a yellow card, decided to ignore it.

It matter not where he was or how he did it, the fact is he broke the order, which meant he broke the law, which meant he went to jail.

As I say, each case is dealt with on its own merits when it comes to considering a reporting ban.

Rolf Harris - when his case went to trial the investigations were concluded. There were reporting restrictions in place, but not a blanket ban.

Eddie Hall - when his case went to trial the investigations were concluded. There were reporting restrictions in place, but not a blanket ban.

In both of those cases the media were told what they could and what they could not report on. The media adhered to it. No issues.

The fact is, Robinson was caught and tried for contempt of court. He did it again. He went to jail. There is no Muslim conspiracy. There is no government conspiracy. He's a shit criminal.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/c ... s-hearings
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25131
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1817 times
Been thanked: 4128 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Rossgo » 30 May 2018, 16:31

Kwacky wrote:
Rossgo wrote: Isnt that freedom of speech though? How can he allow this guy to walk free by him reporting the news?



Which would you prefer?

Robinson breaking the law and rapists going free because of his actions

or

The criminal trial having a reporting ban so the rapists are tried in court?

Sometimes freedom of speech has to be put to one side to allow justice to work.


Personally i would say freedom of speech is what makes our western world different. Didnt that girl get shot for schooling and freedom of speech years ago in afgan or somewhere

After seeing Slough when elderly people were walking past, children were walking past that dont even understand the prospect of death i would say the police should allow someone to say what they want, if that were the states im certain someone would of blown their heads off and if it were their own country they would of been chucked into a dark hole with their nut sack permanently wired to a car battery. The old bill didnt say a word to these guys who probably plotted our 7/7 attack etc.


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rossgo
 
Posts: 7385
Joined: 14 Mar 2014, 02:01
Location: Berkshire
Has thanked: 3078 times
Been thanked: 810 times
Your Bike: ZX6R

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby D41 » 30 May 2018, 17:27

Try looking at it from this angle then Ross....you can consider free speech a right...or consider it a privilege. The 'right' is what we call it, the 'privilege' is the reality of it in real-world terms/usage.
User avatar
D41
 
Posts: 6011
Joined: 22 Sep 2014, 11:36
Has thanked: 1870 times
Been thanked: 499 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Rossgo » 30 May 2018, 18:00

D41 wrote:Try looking at it from this angle then Ross....you can consider free speech a right...or consider it a privilege. The 'right' is what we call it, the 'privilege' is the reality of it in real-world terms/usage.


Well said D, actually makes a lot of sense

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rossgo
 
Posts: 7385
Joined: 14 Mar 2014, 02:01
Location: Berkshire
Has thanked: 3078 times
Been thanked: 810 times
Your Bike: ZX6R

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Jack » 30 May 2018, 21:25

I do not see how reporting on a case where the suspects have been charged and are at trial can affect further investigations , the suspects are in court they are well aware of the investigations and any associates of theirs will be aware that they have been charged and that they too may well be under investigation . Unless these proceedings are held in closed courts then I believe anyone can turn up and watch justice in action from the public gallery so what good can come of restricting the information released to the public ?
Jack
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 582 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby duke63 » 30 May 2018, 21:30

Because a jury bases its judgement on the evidence provided in Court and not here say from someone outside who has a racist axe to grind.
User avatar
duke63
 
Posts: 8197
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:34
Location: Staffordshire
Has thanked: 1834 times
Been thanked: 2069 times
Your Bike: Ducati 748 and Multistrada 1200

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Jack » 30 May 2018, 21:37

Kwacky wrote:
Jack wrote:if reporting on a case can affect the outcome as has been suggested then why are there not reporting restrictions on all cases ?


It is determined on a case by case basis. You don't hear about them, because there are reporting restrictions in place.


Either a trial can be affected by reporting or it cannot the fact that it is determined on a case by case basis does not make it right , "If" a trial can be affected in its outcome by reporting on it the reporting on all trials should be restricted . "If" a trial cannot be affected in its outcome by reporting then there should be no restrictions on any trial .
Jack
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 582 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Jack » 30 May 2018, 21:47

duke63 wrote:Because a jury bases its judgement on the evidence provided in Court and not here say from someone outside who has a racist axe to grind.


If that is the case then what is the harm in letting him spout whatever nonsense he likes as it has no effect on the evidence . If the jury bases its judgement only on the evidence provided in court then why are there reporting restrictions ?
Jack
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 582 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Kwacky » 30 May 2018, 22:39

Jack, ignoring the rights or wrongs of an order from the Court regarding reporting restrictions, the fact is this:

there was an order, he knew about it, he broke it. AGAIN.

Fill your boots with some links on the subject of contempt and reporting restrictions.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... dia-trials
https://rightsinfo.org/can-social-media ... air-trial/
https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/r ... strictions
http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/en/article ... 2112133630
https://mjolnirmagazine.blogspot.com/20 ... ng-by.html
https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yo ... a-13878881

That last link is thrown in to prove it's not just Muslims doing these horrendous crimes.

And this one to show you can't trust those who purport to be in the right
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/3k74 ... r-17-years
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25131
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1817 times
Been thanked: 4128 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Kwacky » 30 May 2018, 23:11

User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25131
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1817 times
Been thanked: 4128 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Jack » 30 May 2018, 23:38

Kwacky wrote:there was an order, he knew about it, he broke it. AGAIN.



No argument on that point , bang to rights . Also no argument that pedophilia is exclusively the domain of muslims .
From the articles you linked it would appear to me that jury members cannot be trusted to make a judgement based entirely on the evidence presented in court in which case either sequester the jury as happens in the USA or ban all reporting on active cases . I think that the case by case basis for restricting reporting is contributory in peoples confusion about this case . It seems that jurors really are gullible twats who will listen and take note of the ravings of any retard within earshot or in print or social media .
Jack
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 582 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby Kwacky » 31 May 2018, 08:39

Jack wrote:
It seems that jurors really are gullible twats who will listen and take note of the ravings of any retard within earshot or in print or social media .


That's the general public.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25131
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1817 times
Been thanked: 4128 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

PreviousNext

Return to Slapper Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: C00kiemonster, Stonesie and 4 guests