Everything Photography

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: Everything Photography

Post by Frankie »

All my kit is Nikon and Sigma. Using a full frame cameras. Both very good. All my kit takes a lot of abuse, rain, sun etc.... and as it is mainly wildlife and nature they do get banged around alot.

As I said before, the best test you can get is getting out there and experimenting. Also decide what you want photograph more, as you have found out good lens are not cheap. Do you want good zoom lens, do you want more close up action shots ? also when choosing you will see a massive price difference in same size lens, with various (F) numbers. as in the rules, the lower the number the more amount of light available to the lens. This equals massive price increases. I would go to one of the big second hand outfits for your first lens, that what I have done a number of times, ans did part exchange. The likes of Wex, MBP,
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Frankie wrote:Also decide what you want photograph more, as you have found out good lens are not cheap. Do you want good zoom lens, do you want more close up action shots ?
Like you, I spend a lot of time outdoors. With running, cycling, and motorcycles being a bit part of my free time I think that most of my photography is going to involve nature of some kind and shooting from a distance. There are however occasions where the odd curiosity in the village demands a closeup shot.
IMG_1351.jpg
Frankie wrote:I would go to one of the big second hand outfits for your first lens, that what I have done a number of times, ans did part exchange. The likes of Wex, MBP,
Interesting, I'd never considered a shop. I'd just assumed that the prices would be massively increased over what you can source from eBay/Facebook/Gumtree etc...
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Piece of mind for me, WEX and alike have been around for sometime, and do checks on all their equipment, for me personally buying this equipment this way gives me some protection. Plus I think I have mostly chopped in an old lens for a different model or size. Different strokes for different folks. Just another area to look at.

Once you have selected one or two options for the lenses you are interested in, go to check its performance on line.

For example, you mentioned a zoom lens , I have gone to WEX searched what I want, (in this example used Nikon) > WEX > https://www.wexphotovideo.com/nikon-70- ... d-1755743/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They they give you chapter and verse of the product. From there I would alsop go to, if I had not done already for more back ground on the lens. I dont think I have come across a camera or lens they have not tested lol..

https://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/70-200mm-ii.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All this just gives you more options to make the right choice, on what is a costly purchase.

PS>> These are just a couple of sites, lots of people sell and review.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

2nd hand kit from the likes of wex etc is very good , reasonably priced and imo generally safer to buy from than e-bay, gumtree etc .
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

I'm quite drawn to this lense. I know it's cheap and cheerful and at the budget end of the market, but it has reasonable reviews and looks to be a good starting point.

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/used-equipmen ... u-1059786/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I like Sigma kit it's well priced and more than adequate for most people , my main lens is a Sigma and I also have an 18-55mm art lens by them which is awesome as well .The one you are looking at is nice it won't have the latest fastest AF but it should do you for most things .
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Jack wrote:I like Sigma kit it's well priced and more than adequate for most people , my main lens is a Sigma and I also have an 18-55mm art lens by them which is awesome as well .The one you are looking at is nice it won't have the latest fastest AF but it should do you for most things .
Good to hear you like Sigma. I was thinking that as my camera is (quite) a few years old the latest tech in the lense won't matter much. I also think its a good starting point, if for example I really get into photography and find it lacking I can part-ex it up to a better camera / lense combo, or on the other hand if I don't get into it then I won't loose a lot selling it on.

Looking at that one vs a selling site, I definately think buying from the shop is the best thing. They seem very upfront on condition and i know it's a compatible lense for the camera.

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

When Halloween meets Autism.
IMG_1612_SMALL.JPG
Backstory - My son likes to draw faces on inanimate objects. Each of the pumpkins has a face and they were lined up in order of size and cuteness, nasty daddy turned them round to add a bit of symbolism to the photo.

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Bit more playing today, out with the family at a local national trust property
IMG_1664_SMALL.jpg
IMG_1741_SMALL.jpg
IMG_1700_SMALL.jpg
IMG_1671_SMALL.jpg
IMG_1660_SMALL.jpg

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

FB_IMG_1606673659060-01.jpeg
Taken with the camera, but a bit of editing on the phone.

Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Jack wrote:Image
I saw that on Facebook, beautiful photo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Jack wrote:Image
That's as good a photograph as I've ever seen, of anything, anywhere.
Absolutely outstanding.

(clap)
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

With all the photos I have taken, which I consider a decent standard. This is the one that gets over 1000 likes on one site alone ha ha

Dammit! Ma, I got my beak stuck again!!

Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I like your photos of the Thames and Virginia Water .
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Cheers mate.... Where I spend most of my life these days..... ha ha ha ha....Nature really does keep me in a calm zone. Well, before all the people come out to play......
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

This mornings walkabout, I had this staring down at me.... I think its either a Knight with a sword or a farmer coming out of the mist.... possibly too many shrooms for breakfast lmao.....

D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Obviously it's a German soldier....you can tell by his stahlhelm. (bandit)

He's a big fcuker too!!
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

It’s definitely a naked chick kneeling on a bed with her head back.. can’t you see the cloud boobs?

Maybe I’ve been away from home too long (lol)
28B5AA50-DD62-4DF5-A024-4B4822F8C11B.jpeg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Ha ha ha ha...... Are you away from home at the moment.... ?