Introductions - Say "Hello" Here

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Re: Introductions

Post by Deegee »

Hi there Andy, not long here myself, nice bunch of peeps and I'm sure you'll love it!
TheJuicyJester
Your Bike: The Invisibike

Post by TheJuicyJester »

Hey there everyone! (hi)

I'm a complete noob to moterbikes and only recently passed my CBT. I found a bunch of tankslap cards in the pocket of my second hand jacket so maybe the previous owner is reading this!

I'm a 22year old brummie dude, by trade am usually a chef, waiter or mixologist (d) (cocktail barman) but I just quit all that to join a NGO (y) .

Bidding on ebay for some suitable wheels so for now I'm keeping slim on an old school push bike.

Keeping it sweet n short, hope to get to know y'all soon enough.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

TheJuicyJester wrote:Hey there everyone! (hi)

I'm a complete noob to moterbikes and only recently passed my CBT. I found a bunch of tankslap cards in the pocket of my second hand jacket so maybe the previous owner is reading this!

I'm a 22year old brummie dude, by trade am usually a chef, waiter or mixologist (d) (cocktail barman) but I just quit all that to join a NGO (y) .

Bidding on ebay for some suitable wheels so for now I'm keeping slim on an old school push bike.

Hi mate what jacket did you buy as I sold a couple a while back,
Oh and welcome to Tankslap.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Welcome in clearly those cards have worked...now it's your job to spread the word :-)
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Welcome to the site. Can't wait to see what bike you get.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Hi mate, welcome to the site..

Congrats on passing the CBT and good luck with the eBay hunt, it's a fustrating place but there are some good deals to be had.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
DaytonaBuff
Your Bike:

Post by DaytonaBuff »

38 year-old dad of 2 wonderful kids (best things I ever did!), separated, with sensitive hair seeks slappers for riding with, ingesting cake and talking cobblers. Used to be a regular on the old forum and Daytona.org (RIP) until the last couple of years. Translator by profession (mainly technical/industrial/automotive gubbins), originally form the Costa del Solihull, living in Manchester area nowadays. Partial to the odd track day when I can afford it (been too long!), my only non-biking-related hobby is geocaching (I use multi-million pound GPS equipment to track down and find Tupperware in the woods, which is difficult to explain to any members of the local Police constabulary who happen to see me, as with the long hair and piercings/ink I look dodgy as anything... The last one to cavity search me didn't even offer to buy dinner |( ). I keep pet degus and secretly lust after the missus' ZXR 400 as a track bike :x
My name is Buff, and I have Carbon Fibrosis.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

DaytonaBuff wrote:38 year-old dad of 2 wonderful kids (best things I ever did!), separated, with sensitive hair seeks slappers for riding with, ingesting cake and talking cobblers. Used to be a regular on the old forum and Daytona.org (RIP) until the last couple of years. Translator by profession (mainly technical/industrial/automotive gubbins), originally form the Costa del Solihull, living in Manchester area nowadays. Partial to the odd track day when I can afford it (been too long!), my only non-biking-related hobby is geocaching (I use multi-million pound GPS equipment to track down and find Tupperware in the woods, which is difficult to explain to any members of the local Police constabulary who happen to see me, as with the long hair and piercings/ink I look dodgy as anything... The last one to cavity search me didn't even offer to buy dinner |( ). I keep pet degus and secretly lust after the missus' ZXR 400 as a track bike :x
Hey mate, we have a couple of degus among our many other more scaley pets, they were actually bought by my Mrs when I got my cbr6 as a like "well you got a new toy, now I'm getting something" lol
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
DaytonaBuff
Your Bike:

Post by DaytonaBuff »

They're funny little critters. Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to catching up with a few old faces and making some new mates on here.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

DaytonaBuff wrote:They're funny little critters. Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to catching up with a few old faces and making some new mates on here.

Yeah I'm down near London but hoping to head up near some of the others at some point and meet up :)
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I think my GFs brother keeps them he has 2 of them...but unsure as I hate anything like that as a pet I'm a dog person lol! Anyway welcome in :-)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

DaytonaBuff wrote:They're funny little critters. Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to catching up with a few old faces and making some new mates on here.
HI mate, welcome to to new site. It's good to see another familiar name here (y)

I love lizards, and I recon my boy would to. Unfortunately Mrs Nutz likes cats, and cats only.. I've learned to tolerate them, even though they are miserable, anti-social balls of fluff that do nothing constructive.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

TheJuicyJester wrote:Hey there everyone! (hi)

More brummies. (y) Welcome to the site
DaytonaBuff
Your Bike:

Post by DaytonaBuff »

Welcome in Jester and thanks for the welcomes back Troll, Rossgo and Nutz.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Hiya buff. Glad to see you over here :)
DaytonaBuff
Your Bike:

Post by DaytonaBuff »

Cheers Leigh. Good to be back (y)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Hi Buff good to see you on here mate.

We still need to get a ride down long hill sorted as we have been saying such for years.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Hi Buff good to have you over here mate (y)
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Binno
Your Bike: Hayabusa dogs dangly

Post by Binno »

DaytonaBuff wrote:38 year-old dad of 2 wonderful kids (best things I ever did!), separated, with sensitive hair seeks slappers for riding with, ingesting cake and talking cobblers. Used to be a regular on the old forum and Daytona.org (RIP) until the last couple of years. Translator by profession (mainly technical/industrial/automotive gubbins), originally form the Costa del Solihull, living in Manchester area nowadays. Partial to the odd track day when I can afford it (been too long!), my only non-biking-related hobby is geocaching (I use multi-million pound GPS equipment to track down and find Tupperware in the woods, which is difficult to explain to any members of the local Police constabulary who happen to see me, as with the long hair and piercings/ink I look dodgy as anything... The last one to cavity search me didn't even offer to buy dinner |( ). I keep pet degus and secretly lust after the missus' ZXR 400 as a track bike :x

Please don't take this the wrong way ....... I always thought you were a bird........ I'm not sure how I had that wrong. Sorry fella
DaytonaBuff
Your Bike:

Post by DaytonaBuff »

Not until I see Dr. Nadgerhaus on the 23rd...