Introductions - Say "Hello" Here

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Re: Introductions

Post by beermonster »

bb41 wrote:
beermonster wrote:I'm beermonster and I'm....a beer monster and wannabe rock god!

I am a serial crasher and am currently on the broke side of brassic so I am between 2 wheeled victims...but I will return, oh yes.

My riding style can best be summed up as "rubbish".

I am unmarried, no kids, no pets, but I do have 12 guitars, a Marshall stack and a terrible attitude.

I live just around the corner from Kwacky....which helps explain why he is suffering from negative equity! (devil)
Beer monster can you live next door to me as my neighbours are real pain in the butts, could do with livening things up a bit :)
Hmmm....bar steward for hire. I like your way of thinking! (y)
Si.
Your Bike: fireblade

Post by Si. »

I'm si, 44 years young this year. Christ almighty....

Born in Blackpool , live on the Wirral. Married for 18 years to Emma. It was love at first sight, for me , she grew on me after around 12 mths. Got 2 kids,16 and 13, live them to bits.
Slow to Medium rider, getting into trackdays, live for my holidays with the family, and tour on the bike once a year. Own a blade, fell of twice. I hurt the bike more than me, it's my third child. I've a hairdressing salon on the Wirral. The fireblade is a hairdressers bike....
Love my food and red wine and old movies. Will do anything for charity, especially cancer research after losing my dad when I was 24. which usually involves me disrobing.....
Main love is boxing, sport wise, not interested in any other sport really. Other hobbies are photography, cooking and a massive music fan.want to retire to Italy eventually.
Dislike selfishness, arrogance and distrust most.

Looking for GSOH, big tits a and a nice arse.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Si. wrote: Dislike selfishness, arrogance and distrust most.

Looking for GSOH, big tits a and a nice arse.
Now I know you said you hate arrogance but if I dont say so myself I have a fantastic Arse and my moobs ain't bad either ;)
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Ok, I’m not entirely comfortable with doing this, but as you lot have I’ll give it a try.

There’s not much to know about me. I’m no Saint & my Christian name is not Mark.
I’m 21, and “a bit”. However the “bit” joke wore very thin after it’s 21st anniversary, and that was a long time ago. I am still 21 and a bit though :(

I was born within the sound of the Bow Bells, making me a cockney by definition I guess. However I was moved about a lot as a child & consequently don’t really have anywhere to call my home area.
On leaving the forces I went to recuperate at my parents home, which at that time was in Yorkshire. Mending took a long while (if I ever really have) so I got used to being up here & have never really left the area since. As I’ve built myself a house here now I guess I should feel settled.

I’ve never married (no one would be so foolish) no kids, although my current “long suffering” has had her own children. I have a dog, a horse, and there are a couple of cats out there somewhere that keep the numbers of mice & rabbits in check.

I’ve been messing about with anything mechanical ever since I can remember. Even at junior school I was earning pocket money repairing bicycles & then lawnmowers & onwards…. Motorcycles was really just a logical progression.

On the road I don’t ride too quickly, observing most limits. However rarely do I let other road users delay my progress.
On the track I just trundle round, trying not to get in the way of too many of the proper riders.

Does that cover most of the subjects you have.?
Ah, yes, dizzyw
I ski at least once a year, but tend to avoid the slopes these days as they are awash with knuckle dragging boarders & nimbi poseur types. (giggle)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Hi I am Frankie... I ride bikes and come on here to have a rant sometimes, Love getting out for ride outs, so if you get out on them you will get to know me a little better too. Oh yeah Just recently got into taking pictures which I really enjoy, a new passion to fill the gap in my artist side as I have not picked up a paintbrush since I gave up smoking.

Oh yes and once I win the lottery I will be giving up my job to be full time pit crew for PCV racing ;)
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Ahoy all.

I'm Phil.
I'm 34, although I won't be able to say that tomorrow. :|
Married for nearly ten years, one daughter, one son and just recently added a rather mischievous Border Collie puppy to our brood.
I'm in the employ of Her Majesty, having just entered my 14th year of service with the RAF as a Weapons Technician, more commonly referred to as an Armourer. 8)
I've loved bikes ever since I was a kid, I remember having the Urban Tiger Fireblade on my wall and spending ages looking longingly at it.
Despite that I didnt really get into biking, if you discount the 6 weeks of my youth on a Honda H100S, until 2008, where I became the proud owner of a yellow Daytona 600.
Had that for about 4 years until a combination of the bike being poorly and me getting promoted coincided to present me with my current steed, a Kawasaki Z1000.
I'm not a fast rider, hell, I'm not even a medium rider. I'm a fully committed straight line hero but wobble around corners with all the composure of an egg butty, so I would probably average out as a slow-medium. (I am trying to improve my skills, these new tyres and the warmer weather appear to be helping!) Nonetheless, I love biking, and am trying my best to do more of it this year.
I used to be into martial arts but I've had quite a few injuries to go along with that, so that's been curtailed. I hit the weights instead now, if it's a weekday I'm usually in the gym before work.
So there are my loves, biking, weights, and I suppose my family!

Oh, and bacon. Lots and lots of bacon!
Stew
Your Bike: GPZ900R and Z650 B3

Post by Stew »

'' having just entered my 14th year of service with the RAF as a Weapons Technician, more commonly referred to as an Armourer. 8) ''
Christ, I thought you were a rockape mate :D
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Blimey, he's just suggested you're in the RAF Regiment, that's pretty low :D

Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Stew wrote:'' having just entered my 14th year of service with the RAF as a Weapons Technician, more commonly referred to as an Armourer. 8) ''
Christ, I thought you were a rockape mate :D
Nope, one of God's chosen few through and through!
Stew

Post by Stew »

I offer my unreserved apologies mate, I really do (facepalm)
Stew

Post by Stew »

I tried for armourer when I originally joined up but ended up a Rigger, well until I failed I was anyway, than I was a driver for 10 yrs then I went back in as a Mover, I'm like the Mr Benn of the RAF
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

dizzyw wrote:How do! I'm Darren, 41
My heart skipped a beat for a moment. Then realised the comma was there!
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Itchy wrote:
dizzyw wrote:How do! I'm Darren, 41
My heart skipped a beat for a moment. Then realised the comma was there!
:)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Kwacky wrote:Blimey, he's just suggested you're in the RAF Regiment, that's pretty low :D

Lol, only just saw these ones.
Funnily enough, I nearly joined the RAF regiment.
Thankfully I saw the light!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

This feels like my first post again!

Ok so my real name is Ross, rossgo is a nickname from many many years ago from my old footy team (a mate's Dad made it up as I could be lazy sometimes and not use my pace in training so he used to shout out Ross-go and the name stuck!)

I work in a medical production plant that makes most of us sick because of the material but our products are amoung the best in the world...see if you can work that out!! I have been there for around 5 years or so now.

When growing up I had no interest in bikes other than to look at, I was only into cars!! However one new years eve everyone was doing those new years resolutions and I just said I'd do my CBT (mainly to joke about with my dad - that's a different story!!) anyway I booked it up and loved it 5 months later I was on a CBR400RR :-) should of listened to my dad when I was a youngster and got into bikes younger and not stupid football and Martial arts I used to do!!

I am only 26 and am not married and do not have kids. I try to travel as much as possible visiting different places is one of my interests seeing and getting a little feel of different cultures around the world

Think that's about it :-)
Moonie
Your Bike: Morpheus the 675

Post by Moonie »

Ay up...I'm known as Moonie by most on here, but that's just people being lazy and shortening my nickname from Moonwitch. For the record, my name is Diane and I do not generally show my bum in public lol (mooning)

Been riding over 25 years, and I can't imagine not having a bike. I'm not even sure why I got into bikes, but they've always been a massive and very integral part of me. All things bike keep me ticking, especially BSB, SBK and I'm totally addicted to TT. Love a good social ride out with the forum too. Then there's the obvious love of the club racing, which has suddenly become such a massive part of life in our house for the last couple of years...I guess if you're gonna do it, there's no time like the present!!!

I'm now working as an Ops Manager, having quit my job as an FC after 16 years...one of the hardest decisions to leap into the unknown, but paying dividends now, I have my life and my sanity back! (drunk) :D

My rock is Pitty (h) we've been through an awful lot of stuff in a decade, but he puts up with me admirably and still makes me a brew every morning! (coffee

The bike is Morpheus...my 'Tona 675, graphite with a UJ nosecone, carbon infills, TOR can, bespoke belly pan graphics and gold rim tape!!! Bought him in 2009 after a big off on my Blade, the pain of no bike being far worse than the pain from my injuries lol I was still on crutches when I pointed and said 'I want that one!' Currently hold the title Fastest Lady at Ramsey Sprint on Morph, won it 4 times now, lost it once, beaten by a lass on a fully prep'd sprint bike, and only by 0.08s...gutted at the time but still not shabby on a street legal Trumpet.

Errrr...that's it really. I'm very much a 'glass half full' kinda gal, passionate about things that matter to me and often stop to count my blessings... (sun)

Oh yeah...I bake cakes!!! (^)
Attachments
image.jpg
Sorry I missed church, I was busy practicing witchcraft!
wazza675
Your Bike: '06 TRiumph Daytona 675

Post by wazza675 »

Warwick.... and I'm an Aussie.
I'm a refugee from the ol' Daytona600.org days, having stayed on after several incarnations.

Previous bikes:
Honda CBX250
Suzuki Across
CBR600F2
ZX6R ('98)
CBR900RR ('95)
Sprint RS
Daytona 955i ('02)
Daytona 600 (track only)
Daytona 675 ('07) (street/track)

And now:
Daytona 675 ('06). Fully race prep'd and in a previous life, this bike won the 2008 Australian BEARS F2 championship, piloted by Chris Payani.

I'm a rail worker (well I'm paid to stand there and wave at trains) in Australia. Work is pretty erratic (nights, days, weekends, feast and famine), however we're now financially back on our feet again after the move away from the fruit & veg industry 18 months ago. Which also means I can afford to have a toy again after selling the D6 when our first came along, and the 675 after the second.

I used to spend a lot of time road riding prior to having kids, and in 2002 I spent 19 days riding 7000km in New Zealand (God's race track) on the Sprint RS. I also used to spend many weekends out, however not long after we had our 2nd, my wife T-boned another car, writing off our family car, and from then I became a track only rider.

I guess I'd class myself as medium fast, and that's where I'm graded at track days. I've ridden Phillip Island many times and now circulate around the 1:58's. I've also ridden Broadford (again many times), Winton and Eastern Creek (now Sydney Motorsports Park).

The big dream is to ride central Australia once both girls are at school, and I've already got a leave pass from the missus.

I'm good mates with Juz, another ol' D600.org member (although I'm not sure he's made the jump to the new TS site). I'm actually the caretaker-guardian of his D6 track whore, as well as chief mechanic and bitch to his 675... and now his car!!

I tend to post in fits and starts, often when I'm just bored with time on my hands, or if I need technical help with the bikes, like my recent electric problems with the 675.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Hi all my name's Andy and I'm 34 from the Wirral near Chester. Met a few of you on a ride out round Wales at the end of last year. Think it was Blade, Bratty and Duke and despite this decided to join anyway :S
I ride a Caspian Blue Daytona 675 which I'm still loving. Had it just over a year now as my first bike and last weekend managed to get my knee down for the first time. Had to hang off like an orangutan and it probably wasn't pretty but it's a club I've wanted to join since I was 18! Speed wise I don't think I'm slow bit then no one does do they?
No track days under my belt yet but am aiming to do Oulton Park in the near future. Fairly local to me and I need to stop talking about doing it and just do it!
Hope to see you all on a ride out soon! Cheers!
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Hi mate good to hear from you and see you've joined Tankslap there's a rideout on the 27th of this month if your interested (y)
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Welcome in mate. I echo what Bratty said must come to Wales for this ride as well going to be a cracker...as long as this weather holds :-)