WTF?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Re: WTF?

Post by Monty »

I reallly was just joking when I said “What’s everyone’s views on abortion and capital punishment?” We covered this already, at length.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Ironic isn't it??......politics & religion....the two great things that are designed to unite us, are usually the only things that divide us.

People!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:The only problem I have with capital punishment is the chances of executing an innocent person. The legal system is far from perfect in any country.

Also is it really a deterrent? Are the stated in the US that have capital punishment experiencing dramatically lower violent crime rates??

The time and energy should be put into education and prevention of these crimes rather than dealing with the aftermath. I know that’s an easy sentence to say but a very hard one to facilitate.
This is what other people said on FB too, then all got very upset! Theres so much evidence these days and tech, how can they get it wrong. Most criminals say their innocent. For the big crimes i think its a must.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Monty wrote:I reallly was just joking when I said “What’s everyone’s views on abortion and capital punishment?” We covered this already, at length.
ImageImage yea i didnt read everything. This thread had over 90 posts, i wasnt going to sit here and read it all ImageImage

But as i didnt have my say i thought i would lol

D41

Post by D41 »

Well....with capital punishment, there's so many checks & balances in place to ensure the guilty person is indeed guilty, and then literally hundreds of appeals that take years - if not decades, to wade through, that there's little real chance of someone actually facing execution.
It's long been the case that a number of people convicted of capital offences will ask for the death penalty, safe in the knowledge that the sentence will almost certainly never be carried, while at the same time giving them their own cell, in a special wing, away from the GP, etc.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It costs more to put a prisoner on death row and to execute him/her than it does to put them in prison for life.
D41

Post by D41 »

Oh absolutely....there's no doubt about that at all....except - what price do you put on justice??
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That depends on what you define as justice?

Personally I feel that prisoners should be made to work to repay their debt to society. I don't care if people call it slave labour. They can't repair the damage they've done, but if they are used as labour for local councils then maybe they'll feel more involved with the community.
D41

Post by D41 »

Do you really want prisoners to "feel involved" with YOUR community??

More power to you.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I do. I believe that alienating and making prisoners feel like they're outside of society only perpetuates the problem. Prison shouldn't just be about punishment, it should be about rehabilitation and trying to ensure that when someone leaves prison they are given a second chance. If you push these people away, as happens now, they re-offend. Not enough is done to tackle that IMO.
D41

Post by D41 »

Fair enough.

"Anyone can find the dirt in someone....be the one that finds the gold", etc...

......Which is from either Proverbs or Corinthians...I forget which.
D41

Post by D41 »

Proverbs.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Kwacky wrote:It costs more to put a prisoner on death row and to execute him/her than it does to put them in prison for life.
It doesn't have to though , partly the cost is accrued through appeals processes and partly through over elaborate ways to try and humanise or sanitise the actual execution , limit the appeals process and use a bullet the base of the skull .
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:That depends on what you define as justice?

Personally I feel that prisoners should be made to work to repay their debt to society. I don't care if people call it slave labour. They can't repair the damage they've done, but if they are used as labour for local councils then maybe they'll feel more involved with the community.
Yes and no. People who fight or evade taxes, or steal then yea fine, no problems letting them into our villages or their towns working. Murderers and kiddy fiddlers should hang. Sure theres loads of crimes but just simplifying it!

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

What if I killed my wife because she had terminal cancer and she didn't want the kids to see her suffer?

And by kiddie fiddlers I presume you mean anyone found guilty of a sexual offence with a minor? So a 16 year old lad who has sex with a 15 year old girl should be strung up? Or the young guy in a bar for over21s who thought she was 21 but it turns out she was under age?

Over 90% of sexual offences happen in the home. How does a child deal with the guilt of sending their father or mother to the gallows? Do you think the number of children coming forward to report these crimes would go up or go down?

Those men who were convicted of the Birmingham pub bombings would have been hanged. Their convictions were quashed.

Marine A was classed as a killer for executing a Taliban soldier. He's another one under your rules who should be strung up.

You've got no problem with thieves being allowed back into society. So the 22 year old crack head show steals an 80 year old ladies purse is the same as a 34 year old mother who takes a loaf of bread for her kids.

There is no black and white.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Kwacky wrote: There is no black and white.

Image 8-|
D41

Post by D41 »

(music) "I'm living in a black and white world,
I just see good and evil, and up or down,
and left or right....and whose side are YOU on?"
(music)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:What if I killed my wife because she had terminal cancer and she didn't want the kids to see her suffer?

And by kiddie fiddlers I presume you mean anyone found guilty of a sexual offence with a minor? So a 16 year old lad who has sex with a 15 year old girl should be strung up? Or the young guy in a bar for over21s who thought she was 21 but it turns out she was under age?

Over 90% of sexual offences happen in the home. How does a child deal with the guilt of sending their father or mother to the gallows? Do you think the number of children coming forward to report these crimes would go up or go down?

Those men who were convicted of the Birmingham pub bombings would have been hanged. Their convictions were quashed.

Marine A was classed as a killer for executing a Taliban soldier. He's another one under your rules who should be strung up.

You've got no problem with thieves being allowed back into society. So the 22 year old crack head show steals an 80 year old ladies purse is the same as a 34 year old mother who takes a loaf of bread for her kids.

There is no black and white.
Interesting

Assisted suicide should be legal and carried out by doctors or with their consent, eg a legal binding contract for the worst case. I agree with the fact of not wanting to suffer, who would want to. A friend of mine, mum is slowly passing away at tge moment and he ws telling me she would prefer to pass away at home but doctors wont let her out and keep on keeping her suffering in a hospital bed. This isnt a crime for wanting the suffering to stop

Kiddy fiddlers i mean by selling sex slaves or routinely doing what they lile to girls and boys whenever they want, bot going to go more into the crime. A 15 year old giving them to a 16 year old isnt a kiddy fiddler. Would you buy a house knowing that the old blole next door that walks to the same corner shop as you, had years inside for selling girls to the highest bidder?! He'll never repay for his crimes in my opinipn apart from on his death bed which shouldn't be as a free man

Im not a lawyer nor would i want to be! There are crimes thats right for the death penalty in my opinion and crimes right for their head caving in and also crimes that is right to be handed to their local councils for them to work or even to be handed over to whatever military force that needs people

But like i say these are my opinions, ill never make the laws so therefore no point trying to change my mind

Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I see what Kwacky is saying and it makes a valid argument but I do agree with Rossgo and some people in extremes cases should hang actually hanging is too good for them. Let the labs rats and monkeys free from experiments and we can advance medical science as a way of repaying their debt to society for people like Ian Brady and Peter Sutcliffe.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Well said Blade