David Duke,s comments on BBC

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: David Duke,s comments on BBC

Post by D41 »

I like the BBC. Is it perfect?.....No, not by a long shot...but it's fairly popular here even with non-Brits...it tends to focus on world news a bit more than US network TV does. The TV shows I'm not really too bothered with...
Doctor Who has been on since pussy was a cat & Jeremy Clarkson's comedy shows about cars ran out of steam years ago. The Inbetweeners was pretty decent for a while, etc.
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

BBC news is heavily biased and totally crap. I only watch itv news and guess what, mr murdock is dying to buy it to turn ithat channel into a crap broadcasting news channel like the bbc too.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

BBC news sucks, they spin anything and everything and cant seem to get all views, only theirs! Programs were top notch, they used to be the best and seemed to have funds for the best, my money doesnt seem to be going in to anything now i can only assume its going onto their bonuses, their multi million pound homes, their sports cars, their kids schooling who will sure to go into big jobs without any blood sweat and tears. They need hanging.

I request they send out a proper message oit to us saying where our money is going onto which programs and future programs, garenteed there will be nothing that actually is worth our time. D^ckheads

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

You need to chill, Rossgo.
Maybe the BBC just reports the news without putting any bias on it which is why they get so much stick.

People are becoming accustomed to news having an agenda and when it's not saying what they want, they assume it's biased.
D41

Post by D41 »

Yep...I think the BBC is pretty damn good all things considered.....when they air some story from wherever-the-fcuk using a correspondent, those people are very often what's known as a 'stringer'...they send out stuff to numerous agencies hoping to get a hit...or several. They're subcontractors, in other words.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Surprised people have such badly feeling about the BBC tbh.

I haven't got an issue with it personally and enjoy some of their programs as I do other networks and channels, but that's just my view. When I don't Iike some thing i just turn over its that simple tbh. Not worth getting upset about.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

We all pay for a service, a service they have written into everyone who owns a telly. To get out of it we have to prove we cant receive the channels. At least with Sky or virgin you have to sign up to it ans have to have a box or something, BBC we dont. Its not 1970 anymore, all they have to do is get some ads and thats it. BBC is the worst value for money we could possibly pay for in my opinion. Others may say its the best thing since sliced bread and thats fair enough. I was a lot happier when BBC 1, 2 and 3 were at the top of their game. Just seems to me that BBC are more interested in money nowadays from us but actually doing nothing with it.

Thats my opinion on it and as i pay for it i have a right to have my say/ opinion and i think BBC should answer to it. We get taxed enough and BBC have their own tax on all of us and i dont agree with it. Or scrap the channels all together either one they have our balls in their hands and they clearly enjoy it.

Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Rossgo wrote:
I request they send out a proper message oit to us saying where our money is going onto which programs and future programs, garenteed there will be nothing that actually is worth our time. D^ckheads

Info here on how your licence fee is spent

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-y ... -for-top13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you feel so strongly tell them. They have a programme specifically for such.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... your-views" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
duke63

Post by duke63 »

As I said, it's time to chill, Rossgo.

At least with the BBC we don't have to sit through endless adverts. It pisses me off that I pay to watch programmes through Sky and STILL have to suffer endless adverts for shit I don't want or will ever need. I see that as paying twice.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

POV used to lile that program with old Terry Wogan! I know there would be petitions aswell in sure but lets face it, it wont change much! Ill have my say on the robbing gits and ill be British about it, keep paying, moan some more until next year pay again and moan some more. Its worked for hundreds of years and dam it im British enough to know its a tried and tested method. Americans are the ones who will stamp their feet about things and make themselves look utterly disorderly! We are not them. We moan, thats the British way

duke63

Post by duke63 »

French are thes ones with real people power. They make sure things get changed by refusing to do what they are told by those in charge.

I would have been thinking like you once, Rossgo but it's wasted energy just getting angry. Better to either do something to change it or ignore it and do something else. Life is relatively short. Do your own thing and have no regrets is the way to be.

Those in authority will always make decisions that suit them and their followers. Better to accept that is the way of things and ignore them as it will never change. Nothing wrong with thinking things are not as they should be but anger just leads to frustration as those things rarely change for the better.

As Brexit will prove. :D :D
D41

Post by D41 »

Rossgo wrote:We all pay for a service, a service they have written into everyone who owns a telly. To get out of it we have to prove we cant receive the channels. At least with Sky or virgin you have to sign up to it ans have to have a box or something, BBC we dont. Its not 1970 anymore, all they have to do is get some ads and thats it. BBC is the worst value for money we could possibly pay for in my opinion. Others may say its the best thing since sliced bread and thats fair enough. I was a lot happier when BBC 1, 2 and 3 were at the top of their game. Just seems to me that BBC are more interested in money nowadays from us but actually doing nothing with it.

Thats my opinion on it and as i pay for it i have a right to have my say/ opinion and i think BBC should answer to it. We get taxed enough and BBC have their own tax on all of us and i dont agree with it. Or scrap the channels all together either one they have our balls in their hands and they clearly enjoy it.

So, are you happy with your BBC service Ross, yes or no??
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Duke you have a point mate. I will ad.it one thing at least its not stupidly high price. It could be a 1000 quid per year. Im certainly not happy about them but it wont change.

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:We all pay for a service, a service they have written into everyone who owns a telly. To get out of it we have to prove we cant receive the channels. At least with Sky or virgin you have to sign up to it ans have to have a box or something, BBC we dont. Its not 1970 anymore, all they have to do is get some ads and thats it. BBC is the worst value for money we could possibly pay for in my opinion. Others may say its the best thing since sliced bread and thats fair enough. I was a lot happier when BBC 1, 2 and 3 were at the top of their game. Just seems to me that BBC are more interested in money nowadays from us but actually doing nothing with it.

So, are you happy with your BBC service Ross, yes or no??
BBC are pretty good mate...............

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage