Smoking in public places

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Smoking in public places

Post by Kwacky »

It's been a while since we got rid of smoking in pubs and restaurants. I admit I like a ciggie when I've had a few beers and the smoking area is usually very chatty.

That said I'm glad of the ban. It's hard to believe we used to go out for a few beers and come home stinking of stale smoke. Or that people used to smoke on trains, busses and planes.

Against all of this the Austrians have decided not to go ahead with their ban. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43057842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It seems a bit of a strange decision to me. I thought they were smarter than that. I didn't realise that smoking was deeply embedded in the culture.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Smoking in public places

Post by D41 »

I've smoked since I was a kid....usually 'most' of a pack per day - 15-16 ciggies ...often much less than that.....average smoker is 31 ciggies a day, which I just can't fathom. Smoking bans inside restaurants & bars don't bother me one bit, TBH....that's why there's patios, etc.
Their house, their rules, I suppose.

Come to think of it, I didn't really smoke in my own house 'cos of the kids, so I just think of it as an outdoors/garage sort of thing.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Dont smoke and never have done, im glad we have a ban in place, i dont tend to see as many smokers anymore, maybe its because people bow have to go outside in the cold, at least noe you can walk into any pub and not be greeted with a thick smokey fog when you first open the door when all you want is a lunch out!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

I have always smoked one or two cigs here and there but I used to hate it if someone smoked in a restaurant and I had to put up with the smell and the fume in the air while I was eating. Its been a great move to ban smoking in public places and these days in even developing countries you dont see people smoking in restaurants even though its not banned.

I can,t understand though how Shisha bars in UK get away with people inside their shops smoking these days and no one bothers them.
fidget
Your Bike: Ktm 990 superduke R and zx10r

Post by fidget »

i've never smoked, but like the others used to remember coming in from a night out with stinking clothes and sometimes a hacking cough.

does anyone remember the fact that people used to be able to smoke on commercial airlines too? Can you imagine that these days?

The ban is good and i do agree with it, i still have to walk through the fog when you enter or leave a pub or restaurant though where yje owners don't provide a shelter.

Can i ask the smokers whilst on here, how come you still see people flicking their fag butts after use instead of binning them? I saw a show the other day where a camera crew were out with a couple of PCSOs in Birmingham and they were looking for fag flickers, stinging them for £80 a time.
Never rub another mans rhubarb.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The smoking section was at the back of the plane :D

Fags butt flinging is just being lazy. It's littering.