Whoops. I did it again...

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Whoops. I did it again...

Post by Itchy »

In September, Destiny 2 was released on the PS4, which strangely enough coincided with my forum activity taking a 100% dip, and did so for several weeks.

Then Kwacky sent me a PM making sure all was well. It really warmed my cockles and encouraged me to get back onto the forum.
Sadly, it wasn't long before saving the universe took hold again, and as abruptly as I started, I stopped again.
I haven't even checked the threads, never mind posting on them. I was far too busy shooting aliens with space guns and stuff.
And once again I was drawn into the Destiny forums, a vapid cesspool of toxicity and unhelpfulness, a veritable Mos Eisley of the forum world.

Every day I found myself logging in only to see 80% of the threads whining about the game, 19% whining about the whining, and 1% useful threads coming up. Every day I would end up tutting, shaking my head and then using my phone to change my loadout, ready for the next battle.
And then having another peek on the forum, only for the same result.

Why I keep doing it to myself when Tankslap has been so good to me I have no idea.

And once again, Kwacky enters the scene...

I feel like a cheating husband. I know I've got it good at home, but D2 is new and sexy, and I just couldn't help myself! And now I feel like I've been caught out and have to make amends.

So here I am, tail between my legs, back on the forum and determined to post and contribute more.
(I'll still be fingerblasting D2 on the side, but my heart and soul will remain with Tankslap!)

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Whoops. I did it again...

Post by Kwacky »

(lol)

I really was just checking to make sure you're ok

But your actions have been noted and won't go unpunished.
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

I'm anticipating the duct tape and rohypnol.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

For absconders?

Oh no.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I thought you was going to say you have been playing COD WW2 to be honest! Welcome back matey!! Forget the other forums stick to Tankslap and all will be forgiven!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I don't think the time of year helps in your defence, This time of year isn't exactly inspiring for bike related activities, I find myself doing more and more music based stuff and on music sites more than bike sites in the winter (although not forums Id like to add, honest Mr Kwacky!) and gaming is one of those things that isn't reliant on nice weather and limited so understandable your off blasting aliens in the face with your massive space cannon.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

What did we all do before game consoles when it came to cold miserable weather??!!

Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Rossgo wrote:What did we all do before game consoles when it came to cold miserable weather??!!

A visit from mistress palm and her 5 lovely daughters.....
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I got my first computer when I was 11. A Commodore VIC 20.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cavetroll87 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:What did we all do before game consoles when it came to cold miserable weather??!!

Have we all become.loosers now then ImageImage

Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Cavetroll87 wrote:

Ah yes, I know her well.

My other mistress.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Like you can remember when there wasn't game consoles!!

"We", he says.....sheesh!

We did something called "playing outside"....which I never seem to see kids doing anymore. And if it was cold, we wrapped up and STILL played outside.

You wee spelk!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:

Like you can remember when there wasn't game consoles!!

"We", he says.....sheesh!

We did something called "playing outside"....which I never seem to see kids doing anymore. And if it was cold, we wrapped up and STILL played outside.

You wee spelk!
ImageImageImage I didn't have a game consoles when I was younger I got a PS1 when I was a teenager but not when it first came out as parents couldn't afford it really.

I remember Christmas day I knocked on my mates door and we played hockey out in the play ground! Defo remember those days. Playing footy until the sun went down. Playing IT (or TAG) in the evenings on bikes, burning each other up! During the summer when the wasps were nesting I remember grabbing bricks and throwing them at it and making the nest come crashing down (that scared and still scared the crap outta me!!) So the wasps chased us...yes we got stung!!.

I remember there were a couple kf abanded houses doen the road in the middle of the fields, massive things must of been Victorian or older, used tk go and smah the windows lol!! Personally I think I had a great childhood prob one of the last generations to get a childhood lile that. Now they are new houses proper modern built over the last 20 years I guess

Now kids are wrapped up in cotton wool or they are robbing scooters or hojses, there's no in between. The ones stealing should be trailed lile adults as they want to be grown up let then go to big boys prison and the ones wrapped up in cotton wool will prob be the brains of this country so not too bothered with that!!

D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I've never had a game console....when I wanted one me Mam & Dad never had the money to buy me one, and by the time they did I was too old to care anymore.