End of days

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

End of days

Post by Kwacky »

Earthquakes, volcanos and tsumanis

It must be tough living the wrong side of the equator :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uniea.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42132912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aland.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: End of days

Post by kiwikrasher »

unfortunately NZ had always been plagued by earthquakes, and one day the dice will roll the wrong way. I experienced some big ones in my time on the shaky isle, the worst one I was in the sports field at school and watched a wave rolled up the rugby field and about 80% of us fell over. My dad being a linesman was up a power pole 30 km from the epicentre and watched powerlines snap and the road open up below him, but got through it unscathed ( apart from some soiled undies!)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

kiwikrasher wrote:unfortunately NZ had always been plagued by earthquakes, and one day the dice will roll the wrong way. I experienced some big ones in my time on the shaky isle, the worst one I was in the sports field at school and watched a wave rolled up the rugby field and about 80% of us fell over. My dad being a linesman was up a power pole 30 km from the epicentre and watched powerlines snap and the road open up below him, but got through it unscathed ( apart from some soiled undies!)
Wow thst must have been pretty terrifying

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Experienced my fair share of quakes....first time you're like "WTF?"...then they're almost exhilarating...EXCEPT- you know that someone, somewhere fairly close, is in a world of hurt.

Was working in Redlands a while back when we had a really decent one....my mate started running downstairs, and I'm cracking up...."Where're you going??....Are you going to outrun an earthquake??"

Was funny at the time, I suppose.

Maybe.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6 wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:unfortunately NZ had always been plagued by earthquakes, and one day the dice will roll the wrong way. I experienced some big ones in my time on the shaky isle, the worst one I was in the sports field at school and watched a wave rolled up the rugby field and about 80% of us fell over. My dad being a linesman was up a power pole 30 km from the epicentre and watched powerlines snap and the road open up below him, but got through it unscathed ( apart from some soiled undies!)
Wow thst must have been pretty terrifying

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
I do remember him being pretty drunk when he got home. At school we all thought it was a bit of a laugh till we got back home to see the news and the devastation further along the coast. (this was '87 so before the web and instant knowledge of such things)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.