Chester Bennington/Linkin Park.

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Chester Bennington/Linkin Park.

Post by D41 »

Has passed away.

I guess that "In the end, it didn't really matter"??? (music)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Chester Bennington/Linkin Park.

Post by Cav »

Absolutely gutted to hear about this.. I suffered with depression through most of my child and teenage years and Linkin Park always got me through another day.

I always said I'd see them live one day but I guess it's never properly going to happen now. Apparently Chester had 6 kids too, God only knows how they're feeling :(
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Musicians do seem to suffer wth mental health issues.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Music is a common escape for many people and I suppose the more you suffer the more you put into something and as such, the better someone becomes.

He suffered sexual abuse as a child and a couple of broken marriages so it's fair to say he had a lot to deal with
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:Musicians do seem to suffer wth mental health issues.
Plenty of them don't though...??
But yes, I get exactly where you're coming from....there's a lot of very talented people who have fallen by the wayside in that line of work.
They're their own worst enemies, in many regards....but I do have a lot of empathy for them though.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I guess when you're doing a job you love, and don't have the 9 to 5 responsibilities us normal folk do, it's easy to get lost, either with drink or drugs. But it's even easier to find yourself alone with your thoughts and believing you've got no one to turn too. Every day people suffer with mental health issues but it takes the death of someone famous to remind us that mental health needs to be discussed openly and without shame.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote:..it takes the death of someone famous to remind us that mental health needs to be discussed openly and without shame.
Exactly that.

Having suffered with depression for as long as I can remember, I can safely say that I have control over it in the last year or so. The hardest part for me was admitting I had a problem and that was the lowest point I've ever been. Since then I have rebuilt myself with CBT and 1-on-1 therapy. I'm a completely different person to who I was and I'm glad I am - who I was made me get to my lowest.

I am more than happy to discuss my experiences with people and I see so many people want to open up about it but they don't because they're scared; I just hope that breaching the subject in the first place is a step in the right direction and they seek professional help
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I was running off the rails in my late teens and ended up being formally assessed when I was 20. The report came back saying I was normal. Don't test someone who did psychology as an a level and who knows what the tests are.

I do suffer with black periods but I've learned to manage them as I get older. I know my mood swings but I can usually catch it before I turn into Mr Hyde.

I don't meet the criteria for borderline personality disorder but I do have a few of the symptoms
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:I guess when you're doing a job you love, and don't have the 9 to 5 responsibilities us normal folk do, it's easy to get lost, either with drink or drugs. But it's even easier to find yourself alone with your thoughts and believing you've got no one to turn too.
Yep...I'm sure that whatever the drug of choice is, it gives only a temporary relief to an underlying cause.

I need vodka NOW!!!!!
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

It took me a long time to recognise I was suffering with depression. You really don't appreciate how low you have gone till you start to recover. Took me a year of anti depressants, 3 years of counselling, and some major life changes to feel I'd finally got a hold on it. I'm very lucky I now have someone in my life that is very intuitive and compassionate, and pulls me out of a hole before I've even realised I'm in it.

I agree with all the previous comments, needs to be talked about more freely and lose the stigma.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41

Post by D41 »

Depression builds like a freight train in the back of your head & you're tied to the fcuking rails.

Or so I've heard it rumoured
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

I'm fairly certain everyone has or will suffer with some level of depression in their life. It's just a normal part of being human.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Very sad news a real shame to loose a talented guy. Always loved Linkin Park. I remember turning up the stero as loud as possible to listen to their albums!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

No other way to listen to them!
D41

Post by D41 »

There's a "Let's Remember Chester" concert tonight in LA....I'll prolly watch a bit of it, although memorial concerts always seem a bit hollow to me.