Glastonbury

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Glastonbury

Post by Kwacky »

It seemed pretty crap this year. I had a look a few times at the BBC coverage but there wasn't anyone I was really taken with. Sunday was particularly poor. Crappy old disco capped off with that ginger guitar playing bloke.

It's just a massive money spinner, isn't it? £250 for a ticket and £7 a pint.

The place looks like a council tip this morning.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: Glastonbury

Post by Cavetroll87 »

To be honest as a MASSIVE music fan I have really gone off festivals in general, Ive been there done that, they are as you say overpriced nowadays and the line ups are just poor. Only Festival that has caught both me and the Mrs eye recent years is Rambling Man, its full of old school rock and blues musicians but even that is silly money when you start thinkin about it.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Moseley in South Brum has a couple of festivals each year. The one in June is Jazz, Funk and Soul.

They're small 3 day events and the line ups are usually pretty good. Last summer they had a hip hop theme with some excellent acts including Public Enemy. This year they had Soul 2 Soul, Chaka Khan, Pharcide and Sugarhill Gang They have a folk event at the start of September and although it's not my thing, the artists are pretty good. £99 for 3 days. Plus they let you in and out of the festival so you can get food and drinks from elsewhere.

That's about the size of a festival for me. I did Reading and Glasto back in the early 90s and they were pretty big then, but I think it was no more than 50,000.

I always preferred Reading as it was more of a music festival. Saw some great bands live. No issues. Glasto had issues with people getting on the end of the rave scene which included dickheads and thieves.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Royal Blood were pretty good, wouldn't of minded seeing them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p055vx0m
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

Monty wrote:Royal Blood were pretty good, wouldn't of minded seeing them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p055vx0m
I downloaded the album on the strength of it. (y)
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I like watching it on tv but I wouldnt spend that much money to stand in a muddy field with a load of smelly people
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Music seems to have lost its edge for me...or at least the more mainstream side of it.

Where are the angry youth of today? or is life just too comfortable for them?
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

The angry youth of today can fcuk right off, the little ingrate b'stards.

Playstation killed the videostar.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

duke63 wrote:Music seems to have lost its edge for me...or at least the more mainstream side of it.

Where are the angry youth of today? or is life just too comfortable for them?
I think the angry youth are there, they are just too far away from the Mainstream, the music industry has changed massively nowadays, with the internet and how it works I think its in someways harder than ever for Artists to be heard because at the end of the day everyone and there dog can record a vid or a song and put it on youtube. Means there is loads more music out there but it is much more difficult to find the actual decent artists, and the mainstream charts don't want angry youth that actually stand for something, the charts are there as a distraction from the real word.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

There is a massive range of music out there, as Cavetroll says. Going to gigs is still the best way to discover it.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Personally I think where's the point in going to these festivals...they are just put telly anyway with full close ups of the band's instead of being right at the back with drunks, smackheads sweaty stinky people, I wouldn't bother paying a lot of money for that, I pay a TV lisence to be able to sit on my comfy couch in a cooled room, free drink (squash as don't drink) and free food - what's not to love about that

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk