Why was I nervous yesterday!?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Re: Why was I nervous yesterday!?

Post by StMarks »

Rossgo wrote:......The culture has really changed. I'm so glad to be going, now is the right time
From what you've posted in the past about their management structure/style, they need some changes. If they don't, they wouldn't have been a secure place to have stayed at anyway IMHO.

Enjoy your gardening leave mate, & good luck on the Red Planet when you do go.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cheers fellas defo going to enjoy it. I'm in Saltford at the moment for my GF mates wedding so it's a good start all ready!

Got a few plans e.g. painting bathroom and got a voucher for cinema so may go there as well and see a couple of films (prob by myself - really want some me time to be honest) and also going for a few bike rides just want to be able to relax!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

StMarks wrote:
Rossgo wrote:......The culture has really changed. I'm so glad to be going, now is the right time
From what you've posted in the past about their management structure/style, they need some changes. If they don't, they wouldn't have been a secure place to have stayed at anyway IMHO.

Enjoy your gardening leave mate, & good luck on the Red Planet when you do go.
Don't get me started!

Have they looked for a replacement for me (regardless of me stating in my resignation letter I will support and train my successor) nope! Haven't even been asking the questions

Good luck to them. They aren't interested. Not my problem anymore!!

Thank you buddy I shall defo enjoy my leave!!

R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

Congrats, and you'll have to get them to bring these epic products over from AUS: Image
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Rossgo I wouldn't worry unduly about the poor response from your old employers, unless you work for a small company where the core management people aren't divorced in some way from the production people, you'll always get the situation where what you do in production isn't properly appreciated and offers like yours are ignored. That's a bit harsh but it's an opinion I've gradually come to during my working life. Happily it sounds as if your new company are far more interested in production that your old outfit, that can only a plus for you, the past is dead, look forwards and be happy. Cheers, Dave G.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Deegee I agree I'm not worrying anymore I'm just putting it behind me. I just want to start my new job now!!

D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I want you to start your new job too.

Hopefully today.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Last day today. Went really well. Set up the next 3 orders for them as Well BUT I was taking it nice and easy!!

Got a few cards from my guys at work also got a few pressies. Thought it was lovely of them to be honest.

Got a bottle of champagne from management (even though I don't drink, guess my mum will enjoy that bottle then!) Also got a £50 gift card from them then a £15 gift card from one of the validators which was nice of him.

All in all a great day it was good to end like that. I bought everyone a load of donuts and muffins and biscuits etc which everyone enjoyed! And also a bottle of vodka for my boss, I know we have had our ups and downs but he did believe in me for Mars and even told me I'd be very good at management level in Mars and was a shame I didn't get what I applied for BUT was great I managed to get my foot in the door and he believes I will make my way up in coming years. Which is great.

Looking forward to next week. Bring it on!!

StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Rossgo wrote:...Got a bottle of champagne from management (even though I don't drink.........
Now ^that ^ pretty much sums up the connected and astute management you've been enduring Roosgo.

Onwards and upwards. :)
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Glad it didn't finish in a bad way Rossgo (has for me once), their bottle of bubbly may have been misguided, but I'm sure the intention was there, glad your team did you proud as well, it's always nice to have the effort you put into the soul destroying grind of the weekday appreciated by those around you as well.

I can only echo StM's sentiments - onwards and upwards!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks fellas. Yes I do tend to agree with that it was misguided as I haven't drunk for years now but it's a nice bottle and I know my mum will defo like it!! So it's not going to waste!!

I now have the week off and am going away for the Bank Holiday weekend so now have plenty of me time! All I need to do now is delete my works email account off my phone!!

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Recharge those batteries and get yourself ready for your next job.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Can't ever visit me then you pussy tea totaller!! (lol)

Good on you Rossgo, sounds like you were much respected and I'm sure you'll prove your worth at Mars
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cheers Kwacky certainly will do

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:Can't ever visit me then you pussy tea totaller!! (lol)

Good on you Rossgo, sounds like you were much respected and I'm sure you'll prove your worth at Mars
Image Image Image made me piss myself!!

Cheers Kiwi. They kept it pretty quiet didn't realise they did anything to be honest. Very good of them.

Thanks mate I am very hopeful for my new job really looking forward to it

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Not a write up but first impressions are blinking great

Because everyone has gone through the same process everyone has the same work ethic and everyone helps everyone else out.

I have found out that the 'newer' lads (up to 8 years) they have come from either Uni, parents work or have worked here or have managing backgrounds and all started at Operator level. The guys with 20 years plus have been in every job possible and have pretty much built this factory up or their parents and have still come from operator level l!!

I feel incredibly grateful for getting in they clearly know what they are looking for and are prepared to help you get where you want!

StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Now that you're there, starting to bed yourself into their systems and liking it so far I'll 'fess up.:
- A distant cousin of mine works for Mars.
I don't see him often, especially as most of our linking relatives are now deceased. However I do remember talking to him at length when we were placed on the same table at my Grandmother's 90th birthday party many years ago.
He works in their petfood division, and back then he enthusiastically impressed on me what an excellent company they were to be part of.
TBH Rossgo the reason I hadn't said before is because things change & I didn't want to fill you with unfounded expectations. I'm delighted that it (initially) appears to reflect his opinion.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Let's hope this is the start of a long and enjoyable job.
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Sounds like they've got their heads straight when it comes to picking good people Rossgo, any company where everyone has a good work ethic can't help but be a great place to work, fingers crossed it's more of the same in the future!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

StMarks wrote:Now that you're there, starting to bed yourself into their systems and liking it so far I'll 'fess up.:
- A distant cousin of mine works for Mars.
I don't see him often, especially as most of our linking relatives are now deceased. However I do remember talking to him at length when we were placed on the same table at my Grandmother's 90th birthday party many years ago.
He works in their petfood division, and back then he enthusiastically impressed on me what an excellent company they were to be part of.
TBH Rossgo the reason I hadn't said before is because things change & I didn't want to fill you with unfounded expectations. I'm delighted that it (initially) appears to reflect his opinion.
We were talking about the Petcare part of Mars in our induction (earlier in the week) and the guys who were talking about it were saying out their office has lots of their pets just roaming around and when skyping it's a known fact that they will get a little nosy bugger jump up and stare and the camera Image!! Personally love that as when I first started working for my previous company my boss and others used to do the same thing, used to love walking into my bosses office at the time!