Just popped in...still read all your posts..

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Just popped in...still read all your posts..

Post by bb41 »

hi all ...still around remarkably after 18 months of horridness. Still read what you are all up to but just don't get to post

Got a couple of bike projects (now parked up in the barn) on the go , nothing remotely super sports and one could be a project too far . ( I am not doing the rebuilds I might add )

Hope you are all getting on OK , I read " what are you eating " for inspiration, so far we have steak most days :-)

Crimbo just around the corner so wondering what you all have planned for the big day, me... due to the amount of rescues we have now including turkeys my day is the same as every other, mucking out and feeding for the first couple of hours then walking the 6 4 legged reprobates (who have to go walks 3 times a day ) and then come down the field to lock up the animals at night

Youngest coming up Xmas afternoon with her partner until Boxing Day which will be awesome, the first time she has had xmas day off for years .

Sadly I now don't see my eldest due to dickhead she has moved in with, so very hard but I daresay she will come to her senses one day .

Apart from that nothing majorly exciting.. just planning xmas menu and as we can't have turkey we are having slow roast pork and a chateaubriand , I'm sure my pot bellies will be ok with the first choice , as you can't really eat pot bellies .

This year trying to keep alcohol free until at least 2.00PM , will have a small bottle at breakfast after animal feeding as in our family it's a ritual , then nothing until family arrive. Due to animals not having a day off I will be getting up at the crack of dawn Boxing Day feeling a little worse for wear . Hope the ducks keep the noise down .
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Just popped in...still read all your posts..

Post by Kwacky »

Hello :)

We're still here.

Hope you're doing well.

No plans as such for Christmas. We normally have a turkey from a friend's farm but some dogs from another farm got out and broke into our friend's farm, killing loads of birds including some very rare ducks, most of the turkeys and even an adult male Rhea.
bb41

Post by bb41 »

god how awful, normally farmers dogs are OK with livestock...we had something similar here a couple of months ago. Neighbouring farmer had a dog attack, killed 35 rare breed sheep which meant the whole blood line gone.
We have sheep in the next field down and my dogs are fine, had a near miss when one of our ducks decided to have a go at flying . Landed just in front of my big dogs, thankfully they just wanted to nose and didn't harm, but my breeds aren't finishers so not a natural instinct for them to kill, well apart from a terrier but he's not normal !!

My turkeys were Asda rejects, sadly their beaks are lasered off which is the norm so eating is quite difficult but they have slowly adapted as feeding them high calorie mash is only good for putting on weight
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

These were bored hunting hounds. Quite a few farms around that area house them.

My friends have a lot of rare game birds, water fowl and poultry. Although the attack was bad they were lucky.

Sadly theirs wasn't the only farm attacked that night.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Hello stranger.

You had me at slow roast pork and chateaubriand!
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Great to hear from you bb41, trust you're still enjoying attending to your flock. IMHO most people who believe they have "tough jobs & work long hours" would baulk at 10+ years of being a 24/7 slave to animals.
Are Great Danes still your hound of choice.?
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Hi ya bb41! Good to see you are well and keeping yourself busy. As St Marks points out I agree you are doing a wonderful and selfless job. I hope you have a festive christmas period and your daughter comes to her senses and pops into say hello.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
bb41

Post by bb41 »

StMarks wrote:Great to hear from you bb41, trust you're still enjoying attending to your flock. IMHO most people who believe they have "tough jobs & work long hours" would baulk at 10+ years of being a 24/7 slave to animals.
Are Great Danes still your hound of choice.?
Hi, yes I still have two Great Danes, plus 4 other mutts !!. Doing the animals in the freezing weather is not fun I can tell you... Mr Bb and I take it in turns for a weekend break on the odd occasion so I usually pop back to Oxford to see my girls...well one at the min

Although next year I have 4 days booked as I managed to get tickets to Glastonbury which will be so much fun
kiwikrasher wrote:Hi ya bb41! Good to see you are well and keeping yourself busy. As St Marks points out I agree you are doing a wonderful and selfless job. I hope you have a festive christmas period and your daughter comes to her senses and pops into say hello.
I don't think so Kiwi, I hear through the grapevine she is expecting his sprog, another for the taxpayers to keep no doubt. ...and if her toe rag of a bloke turned up on my doorstep he would get a swift boot up the rear.. druggie twat !!!

What a nice welcome return, thank you. I might stay around for a bit :-) xx
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Hello my lovely - nice to see your still about :)

I lost my two doggies last year - i love great danes as i've said before but don't last long enough. Saying that they never do.

Stick around ;)
bb41

Post by bb41 »

C00kiemonster wrote:Hello my lovely - nice to see your still about :)

I lost my two doggies last year - i love great danes as i've said before but don't last long enough. Saying that they never do.

Stick around ;)
Hello sweet pea...two doggies lost ?? how sad for you... I seem to be burying poultry left right and centre at the min... 2 years free from battery life and it always happens

Off on a hen rescue 17th December so a few more beaks to feed xx
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

At least your Turkeys won't be adding to your burden for very much longer BB... (giggle)

bb41

Post by bb41 »

Finers in my ears :-)