Mrs Trump

Topics covering world politics and political events. To hide this section go to your control panel and join the group "Hide Politics"
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Mrs Trump

Post by Kwacky »

It's easy to spot the political bots on twitter, yet so many fall for them. We really are a gullible species.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Trump can’t handle the NFL ”Taking a knee” issue, so one of his supporters is having a dig by the looks of it.

http://bbc.in/2zrea7o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently pizza sales are more important than stopping trigger happy cops.....
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Papa Johns has been struggling, so it's going for the middle American customers by having a pop at NFL Players taking a knee.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

they are also offering 30% off when you order online ....
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I see he's retweeting racist fake videos and having a pop at a woman who shares the same name with our Prime Minister.

Won't someone take his fecking phone off him?
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

He'll be his own undoing...and the sooner the better.....he's going to make Nixon/Watergate look like a mild political speedbump.

I get the impression that he thinks he's been elected owner of the US rather than the caretaker of it......anyone else feel that way??
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's a good observation. He does appear to be treating it like one of his businesses.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

D41 wrote:He'll be his own undoing...and the sooner the better.....he's going to make Nixon/Watergate look like a mild political speedbump.

I get the impression that he thinks he's been elected owner of the US rather than the caretaker of it......anyone else feel that way??
Interesting that I perceive a bit of a change of heart from you Darren.
- I wonder if that is reflected in the overall population of your adopted homeland.. :?
D41

Post by D41 »

I don't like the whole situation with North Korea one bit. Trunp is not the guy to have manning the helm if things go bad with NK......he takes stuff too personally, and that's only going to end up fomenting/escalating matters. That's not condoning North Korea's actions....they must be out of their fcuking minds firing missiles in the manner they are.
D41

Post by D41 »

StMarks wrote:
D41 wrote:He'll be his own undoing...and the sooner the better.....he's going to make Nixon/Watergate look like a mild political speedbump.

Interesting that I perceive a bit of a change of heart from you Darren.
- I wonder if that is reflected in the overall population of your adopted homeland.. :?
I figure he won the election and that's the end of that.....Clinton was always going to be a lacklustre choice, so I understand why he got in, and not her....he polarizes people like few can.....but it's just snowballing.....that's not usually the case after the election dust has settled
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

What the area really doesn't need is a parochial megalomaniac with a dodgy hairdo surrounded by his appointed yes-men.
Let alone two of them.!
D41 wrote:... That's not condoning North Korea's actions....they must be out of their fcuking minds firing missiles in the manner they are.
.... That's not condoning the US huge naval exercises off the Korean peninsula, practising a full blown invasion......???

How about this for a current idiom.; "The futures bright, brighter than the sun". :^
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

A lot of countries have tolerated the US in the past, because it's been good for business and they're a country you want on your side.

I can see that changing if Trump keeps this up.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:That's a good observation. He does appear to be treating it like one of his businesses.
,,,, & as we all know he has a well proven record for bankrupting his businesses ...

http://gawker.com/a-complete-list-of-do ... 1764151188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

StMarks wrote:
Kwacky wrote:That's a good observation. He does appear to be treating it like one of his businesses.
,,,, & as we all know he has a well proven record for bankrupting his businesses ...

http://gawker.com/a-complete-list-of-do ... 1764151188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Except this time it will be moral bankruptcy
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

StMarks wrote:What the area really doesn't need is a parochial megalomaniac with a dodgy hairdo surrounded by his appointed yes-men.
Let alone two of them.!
D41 wrote:... That's not condoning North Korea's actions....they must be out of their fcuking minds firing missiles in the manner they are.
.... That's not condoning the US huge naval exercises off the Korean peninsula, practising a full blown invasion......???

How about this for a current idiom.; "The futures bright, brighter than the sun". :^
We've been conducting exercises in that region since The Korean War, and remember that both South Korea and Japan are our allies. One of our post-WWII agreements with Japan stipulates that the US provides military support in lieu of them having anything more than a token "Self-Defence Force" (usually seen coming off worse-for-wear in clashes with Godzilla & other unlikely adversaries).
It's really no different from US bases all over Southern England or West Germany in the decades following WWII.

....And we were fine with that, save for the odd CND hippy communes that parked themselves outside the bases.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

D41 wrote:......We've been conducting exercises in that region since The Korean War, ........
Two wrongs don't equal a right.
The fact that the US & it's allies have been practising the invasion of North Korea for so long does not make it any more acceptable IMHO.
Sabre rattling only ever escalates.

Perhaps your argument applied to a different scenario could be equated to a drink driver being stopped, and protesting that he had been doing it for 50 years & it would be unfair on his pub if he stopped because they would loose his custom. ?
D41

Post by D41 »

That's not really a fair comparison....sabre-rattling only really applies in terms of threat-of-war, the US involvement in the region post-WWII has always been more of a defensive position.
We followed strict guidelines during the Korean War in terms of pushing NK back to thw 38th Parallel and we've maintained that position ever since.

And then along came a Trump....
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The decision to endorse Jerusalem will be an interesting one. I can't see many people being impressed by that.

And it adds a lot of weight to those who say there's far too much Jewish influence in the States.
D41

Post by D41 »

The US Govt. is always going to try and 'overcompensate' for past shortcomings in regard to the Jewish Nation. I don't see the problems wirh that region ever being solved, I really don't......too much mutual hatred involved.