No more make-up free selfies, ladies

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: No more make-up free selfies, ladies

Post by C00kiemonster »

Lol (rofl)

(giggle). Linky? (wasntme)
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

My wifey wears very little if any make up. It was one of the things that attracted me tbh.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

C00kiemonster wrote:Lol (rofl)

(giggle). Linky? (wasntme)
Cant linky, coz a) Its a closed group that you have to be a registered user to access and b) No one should have to see sights like that so its for your own safety(tmi)
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Moonie
Your Bike: Morpheus the 675

Post by Moonie »

I don't really mind being seen without slap (makeup) tbh I don't wear that much, and anyone who's spent a weekend at Thundersport with us, will be used to seeing me unmasked first thing in the morning, doing the 'walk of shame' in search of the showers lol (facepalm) ... but, I do like the fact that whether you like it or not, this whole selfie thing is raising awareness and loads of us are donating...that can never be a bad thing!
PS. For a lot of us ladies, it is a big deal being seen au naturale, so big up to those who have done it... (clap) (y)
image.jpg
Sorry I missed church, I was busy practicing witchcraft!
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I think your post was in the proper spirit of the thing but i wonder how many actually donated to the Research.

That said, in the last few months i have learnt quite a lot about the reality of dealing with a close family member with cancer and the lack of support that is really given.

i would need convincing to give money to Macmillan anytime again as they were a complete and utter waste of space. Their reaction times are similar to that of a snail by which time its quite often too late.

I also never knew that hospice care is limited to a maximum of two weeks and most are very fortunate if they get that and there is a 3 month waiting list for respite care. What use is a 3 month wait? Quite how you book in advance for that i will never know.

For all the glossy adverts and brochures from what we have found the reality resembles nothing like that.

There that's got my little rant over with but I think the reality needs to be made more public as its not what these charities would wish to you to hear.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The campaign has generated a lot of money for cancer research, which is a good thing.

But the cynic in me is a little disappointed that so many people will give to cancer research only for the drug companies to use that research to charge the NHS massive amounts of cash for the medication they develop.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:The campaign has generated a lot of money for cancer research, which is a good thing.

But the cynic in me is a little disappointed that so many people will give to cancer research only for the drug companies to use that research to charge the NHS massive amounts of cash for the medication they develop.
Exactly my problem. I don't see why we couldn't have a government agency ( or indeed part of the NHS) that researches and produces it's own.

I give to the air ambulance and guide dogs for the blind when I give to charity, not much else if I'm honest.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

A lot if the big charities are little more than big businesses now run for the benefit of the employees (especially those at the top) as much as for the people they help.

The wife is looking at making a complaint to all the bodies involved in her father's case hopefully to lessen the chances of similar happening to someone else.
Si.
Your Bike: fireblade

Post by Si. »

I've seen first hand, 3 times, the great work St. John's hospice do for cancer patients, sadly in their latter moments. They do their best to make the patient, and families, feel comfortable, and nothing is too much trouble. Same goes for the nurses and doctors that have helped. I do my upmost to give time and a spare few quid to help, as like it or not, most of us have experience of someone who has or has had to suffer this horrible disease.

It doesn't discriminate, old, young, healthy etc.. It affects everyone and anyone. As long as people keep helping to try and find a cure or even stabilisation, then it's one step further.

I'd sink me nuts on a hot stove if it could help to find a cure. ;(
duke63

Post by duke63 »

My experiences have sadly been very very different to yours, Si.