What ails you today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What ails you today?

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:I've got a referral appointment tomorrow morning with BUPA. I suspect they will tell me to have a course of physio before they look at going down the scan/surgery route.
My experience with Bupa you should get a scan within a few days of the consultation. In some instances I have had the scan the same day, just depends on how busy they are.

Hope you get it sorted soon and its an easy fix.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Had a good chat with the BUPA physio. She thinks it's inflammation causing the issue. The symptoms aren't consistent with a tear but there could be some impingement.

Her advice is to take anti-inflammatories 4 times a day for a week to see what happens. I've got some exercises to do as well. They will call me back in a few days time
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

chest infection / cold maybe flu but I dont feel too bad
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Jack wrote:chest infection / cold maybe flu but I dont feel too bad
:? You going to "get tested" ??
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

no it's only a mild case of whatever it is , bunged up nose sore throat and chest and a bit of a cough , bit achey and a mild headache - I've had worse hangovers .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The usual back to school colds are doing the rounds, it might be that.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

yeah I suspect thats what it is .
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

I've called in sick for the first time in years. It was just a normal cold until last night when my temperature went crazy.

I tried the NHS website to book a covid test and they have none available until next week, handy as they say the test must be within 5 days of the first symptoms... I don't think it is covid19 but I can't be sure.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Stonesie wrote:I've called in sick for the first time in years. It was just a normal cold until last night when my temperature went crazy.

I tried the NHS website to book a covid test and they have none available until next week, handy as they say the test must be within 5 days of the first symptoms... I don't think it is covid19 but I can't be sure.
Do you have any suspicions of who you may have contracted it from Stonesie?

The epic fail of the testing is the worst of all the cock-ups in this debarcle imho. By now we should have huge capacity in place like Germany has
Last edited by StMarks on 17 Sep 2020, 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Stonesie wrote:I've called in sick for the first time in years. It was just a normal cold until last night when my temperature went crazy.

Stay safe mate. I hope its not.
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

StMarks wrote: Do you have any suspicions of who you may have contracted it from Stonesie?
Not a clue, I am a bus driver so in the last 2 weeks I've seen literally thousands of people... I have a suspicion, there was this couple of people with facemask exemption passes who were looking sweaty and coughing a lot. I disagree with exemptions being so easy to get, just Google it and show it on your phone.. Too easy for the selfish and lazy who simply can't be bothered to wear a mask to get hold of a pass.
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

Back to work today, the worst of it was over in a day, felt about 80% yesterday morning and improved through the day.

I had a route through Doncaster Sheffield Robin Hood airport (I still call it Finningley, it's the former RAF Finningley) where they have a drive through covid19 testing site, only one of 6 test lanes operating..
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

It’s not the testing that is the issue. It’s the fact there is not enough capacity to test the samples taken.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Arrrrrgh! Me back's knackin'!!

I don't know what I've done to it, but the lower four or five vertebra feel like they've been fused together with MOLTEN MAGMA.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

feeling better today than I did yesterday but I have coughed up an insane amount of crap , hopefully getting to the end of it now .
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

My knee.

Had a slip coming down the stairs yesterday and it's noticeably more painful today. Sleep was uncomfortable last night too.

Thankfully I only slipped down one step and was holding on with one hand and using crutches in the other but the rapid jarring of my new ACL has definitely been noticeable.

There's new bruising local to the pain too. Hopefully it's just a short term thing and I didn't cause any damage.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

duke63 wrote:It’s not the testing that is the issue. It’s the fact there is not enough capacity to test the samples taken.
the tests are wildly inaccurate
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

The tests are only valid for the moment they are done. One second after your test, on the way home you could contract covid and wrongly believe your covid free.

Its not the solution everyone thinks it is.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's true of pretty much every test. It's a snapshot. It tells you what's what at the time of the test.

A negative test is just as important as a positive test. If everyone with a positive test isolates, they can't spread it. If the number of negative tests increases then the strategy employed is working.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Perkles wrote:
duke63 wrote:It’s not the testing that is the issue. It’s the fact there is not enough capacity to test the samples taken.
the tests are wildly inaccurate
If it test reads positive then it’s 100% accurate. If it reads negative it’s about 80% accurate is what I was told.

There is no straight and easy answer to this. Even a vaccine. If there ever is one, isn’t the complete answer as it’s a certainty it will need to be adapted every year.

It’s all about the fragility of us as humans, we are not the all conquering beings we think we are.

It might help if the Government Test and Trace has not been given to private companies whose only interest is maximum profit and who had little experience of the procedure.