What ails you today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What ails you today?

Post by Cav »

Fingers are crossed for you buddy!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The farce continues. He saw how limited the movement is in my shoulder and decided the injection wasn't the right thing to do. I need a guided injection to put fluid back in the capsule.

I did have that procedure booked in with the NHS for this Friday but I cancelled it when I was given today's appointment.

The earliest they can get me in is the 18th. So I'm waiting for an appointment.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:The farce continues. He saw how limited the movement is in my shoulder and decided the injection wasn't the right thing to do. I need a guided injection to put fluid back in the capsule.

I did have that procedure booked in with the NHS for this Friday but I cancelled it when I was given today's appointment.

FFS. Sounds familiar to my treatment a few years ago.

Keep pushing (doh)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:The farce continues. He saw how limited the movement is in my shoulder and decided the injection wasn't the right thing to do. I need a guided injection to put fluid back in the capsule.

(facepalm)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I called the NHS to check that my appointment was cancelled. It was. But the kind lady did offer me a cancellation for this Friday, which I've taken.

It's a guided injection, so they'll scan me and watch the needle go in. The only downside is I think this is the steroid injection and not the hydro dilution I need. It was the steroid injection I was going to have today. I did ask if there was any harm in getting that today. The consultant did say it might work, it might not. But if I had the steroid injection today he would have to wait a few weeks before offering the guided hydro injection.

I'm going to have NHS guided injection. At least I know the needle will do directly to the site of the inflammation. If it doesn't work I've still got the Bupa injection available, I'll just put it back a couple of weeks to give Friday's injection a chance.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:I called the NHS to check that my appointment was cancelled. It was. But the kind lady did offer me a cancellation for this Friday, which I've taken.

It's a guided injection, so they'll scan me and watch the needle go in. The only downside is I think this is the steroid injection and not the hydro dilution I need. It was the steroid injection I was going to have today. I did ask if there was any harm in getting that today. The consultant did say it might work, it might not. But if I had the steroid injection today he would have to wait a few weeks before offering the guided hydro injection.

I'm going to have NHS guided injection. At least I know the needle will do directly to the site of the inflammation. If it doesn't work I've still got the Bupa injection available, I'll just put it back a couple of weeks to give Friday's injection a chance.
If it helps your optimism, i had a similar injection in my wrist a few years ago and it's been great since. It aches when it's cold, but otherwise way better.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Fatigue.. bordering exhaustion.

I slept well last night but since 11am my eyes have been fighting my will to keep them open.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Are you at home! Can you grab an hour's kip?
Cav

Post by Cav »

Sadly I'm in the office today.. I grabbed a Costa from over the road and tried to snooze in the car for my lunch break. It didn't help.

I also need to do an extra hour today to try and accrue TOIL for Christmas Eve.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've had a scan and injection

The scan shows an inflamed bursa and nearby tendons. There's general wear and tear around the shoulder but no actual tear.

The ortho said that this injection might not cure the limitation of movement but it should tackle the pain. If there's no improvement I might need surgery on the bursa.

I'm seeing my physio next week so I'll have a chat with her. I had a secondary frozen shoulder on the right side after my bike crash and that was cured using physio.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

At least your get torn down answers I guess
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I had a call this evening from Bupa. They offered me an injection this Friday (the hydration one in the capsule) but I've put it back until the new year.
Cav

Post by Cav »

More anxiety and depression stuff. I need to speak to the doctor about my medication, I don't want to up it so may ask about coming off it and re-evaluating.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

What will coming off it achieve?

Are you having any therapy?
Cav

Post by Cav »

I don't know what it will achieve, it's just that the effect I thought the tablets were having at the beginning have "worn off"... I don't feel they're having the same effect. If they aren't then I don't want to be taking them.

I tried signing up and it didn't happen so I've got to build up the courage to do it again. Being an adult is proving to be tough at the moment.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote:I don't know what it will achieve, it's just that the effect I thought the tablets were having at the beginning have "worn off"... I don't feel they're having the same effect. If they aren't then I don't want to be taking them.
Could that be partly a placebo effect wearing off. Psychologically you started taking tablets to fix something, so that made you feel better. Now your used to taking the tablets that placebo effect has worn off and now your just getting the effects of the medication.

Don't forget that dosage of any medication like thisis individual and worked out by trial and error.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

D6Nutz wrote:
Cav wrote:I don't know what it will achieve, it's just that the effect I thought the tablets were having at the beginning have "worn off"... I don't feel they're having the same effect. If they aren't then I don't want to be taking them.
Could that be partly a placebo effect wearing off. Psychologically you started taking tablets to fix something, so that made you feel better. Now your used to taking the tablets that placebo effect has worn off and now your just getting the effects of the medication.

Don't forget that dosage of any medication like thisis individual and worked out by trial and error.

Nutz says it well about tablets. Tablets for anxiety and depression are subtle - you don't really feel them unless you have side effects, but they will be doing plenty. What they do do is give you space to think a little differently and start to see the positive rather than the negative. Coming off the tablets wont make you feel less anxious or depressed. Coming off them too fast will also make you more anxious and depressed as your brain will have adjusted to the new chemistry.

FWIW - tablets on their own start the process - it's your actions and self esteem that make a bigger difference - the tablets are part of a much greater toolbox to move yourself forward.

If your a worrier, the thought of having a baby wont be helping your mood and your subconscious will be doing somersaults trying to resolve worries / issues / preparation in your mind. Being aware and embracing these worries will help you more than any tablet can.

You need to be proactive and make a list of what you feel is making you anxious / depressed and deal with them - steadily and one by one. It takes time and energy.

You have time before baby arrives to steady the ship, once it does you will have less time and mental energy as kids are greedy for any energy you may have!

Let your hair down at Christmas and then reset and push on!

(y)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Great reply Cookie..

In all seriousness I am incredibly excited for Baby Cav. As far as I'm aware I'm not particularly nervous about anything although it's possibly my subconscious doesn't share the same outlook.

I noticed a benefit once I got over the 2 and a bit weeks of hell after I started taking the meds. Now, I guess my body is used to it and it wants more but I also understand that the body stops producing chemicals and hormones if it is getting what it needs through supplements over a long period of time. I feel more anxious about the medication than most other things.

Every single working day is a battle against myself. I absolutely cannot stand the thought of work. It isn't that my job is bad, it's just that it feels like way too big a mountain to overcome. Some days I don't have enough energy to clean my teeth, get dressed or eat. Other days I comfort eat. Some days I'm extremely productive and I feel great for half an hour then return to feeling miserable again. I limit what I do on productive days as to preserve energy and I also force myself to do stuff on my crap days to make sure I try to keep some balance.

Of course, with having a pregnant Wife whom is suffering nausea I'm having to do more of her things and more household stuff while still managing to work so that isn't helpful but I can manage to do it for her.

I'm trying to make myself to mindfulness or guided meditation at least every other day but even then, I just feel angry with myself.

This has turned into a vent which I didn't intend so I apologise for that, once I start typing I began to be able to break down how I'm feeling and kinda just splurge it out.
Cav

Post by Cav »

D6Nutz wrote:

I suppose it could be. I do believe the placebo effect but I also could feel that I didn't have control over my depression the first 2 weeks of taking the tablets. I'm beginning to feel this way again currently... emotions are all over the place. I joke with my Wife that I must be going through the menopause.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Vent away mate. It can help to write your thoughts down.