What ails you today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What ails you today?

Post by D41 »

"Steve Austin - astronaut....we can rebuild him, we have the technology, etc...."
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:"Steve Austin - astronaut....we can rebuild him, we have the technology, etc...."
Ha ha, one of my old school mates posted the intro to that show as a comment on my FB post. Funnily enough I was obsessed with that show as a little tacker. My first running race at school apparently I took off in slow motion (lol) (lol)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

I’ve always had a sensitivity to adhesive on medical tape etc and after a week of having an adhesive dressing over my fusion entry wound my skin last night was welted and burning pretty bad so decided to stop covering it a few days earlier that I was instructed. No stitches, surgeon just used steri-strips and they are to stay on till they fall off. Bruising is starting to fade, but looking at it today I reckon I’m still going to have a meaty scar.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

How's the recovery going Kiwi?
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Not to bad. Last week has been a big step change, and generally no pain now unless I do something like trip over the stairs going into the pub (wasntme)

Still limited on what I can carry and when I ignore that I pay for it.

Numbness is all still there but last week really felt like it was disappearing a bit, but today it’s back in full and have an achy arm. Can take years to get the feeling back if at all.

Going up to see Uncle Rog for a Physio treatments this weekend, so hopefully make some gains there too.

3 more weeks till my surgerical review and a better idea on how it’s all going.

Still be awhile before I can think about getting on a bike. I wouldn’t be able to handle the weight of a helmet atm just walking around the house let alone the forces on a bike.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

kiwikrasher wrote:Not to bad. Last week has been a big step change, and generally no pain now unless I do something like trip over the stairs going into the pub (wasntme)

Still limited on what I can carry and when I ignore that I pay for it.

Numbness is all still there but last week really felt like it was disappearing a bit, but today it’s back in full and have an achy arm. Can take years to get the feeling back if at all.

Going up to see Uncle Rog for a Physio treatments this weekend, so hopefully make some gains there too.

3 more weeks till my surgerical review and a better idea on how it’s all going.

Still be awhile before I can think about getting on a bike. I wouldn’t be able to handle the weight of a helmet atm just walking around the house let alone the forces on a bike.
Glad to hear its going in the right direction mate! keep at it and youll be back on a bike in no time!
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Aim is to be back out at work mid April. But that’s best case scenario.

I’ve been off since the first week of July, and that was only four days (got medivac flight off the platform) so last full swing at work was June last year.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

So you've had all of summer off?

Lazy git.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Yup.

But I also dealt with more of winter than I normally do as well!
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Man Flu... Just what I wanted for my long weekend off work.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

The inability to focus on any one thing. So much going on in my head it's unbearable.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You take it easy Cav, you don't want to burn yourself out. If you need a break, take one.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Cav wrote:The inability to focus on any one thing. So much going on in my head it's unbearable.
Try and focu on one thing at a time. If needs be write the issues down on a piece of paper and tackle them that way. Then you don't need to have them all going round ypur head together.

There was a very good programme on dealing with stress and anxiety on the TV last week. Think it was ITV.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

This one.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-01-31/why ... ss-levels/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I'll try and find it on ITV player tonight.. could be useful.

Thanks all. Each morning for the last 2 weeks I've genuinely contemplated pulling a sicky and been very close to doing it. When I do get a day off I don't want to be productive because I need to relax and unwind.

I appreciate the support
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Cav wrote:I'll try and find it on ITV player tonight.. could be useful.

Thanks all. Each morning for the last 2 weeks I've genuinely contemplated pulling a sicky and been very close to doing it. When I do get a day off I don't want to be productive because I need to relax and unwind.

I appreciate the support
I always found a list helped, put it down on paper then rewrite in order of what genuinely needs doing first. Then stick to it. I was always guilty of doing what i wanted to do rather than what i should do :^

Nothing and i mean nothing is worth making yourself ill about - it's all secondary to your health.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

What Cookie said, don’t make yourself ill Cav, deal with it now through your company, go all to the top if you have to, but please deal with it before you break.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Literally planes, trains and automobiles (facepalm)

Never been travel sick before but after getting of the worst flight of my life I have felt sick all day including the in the Taxi and on the train.

I just need to stand still I think (wasntme)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

So had a couple of good Physio sessions in Brisbane over the weekend. You know uncle Rog has gone hard when you come away with bruises.

He’s very impressed with how my recovery is going and said it was the work I’ve put in pre-op with the exercises he gave me that have put me in a good position now.

Had a really big step change in the sensation in my hands post his treatment too. Left hand was about 90% feeling for a few hours. It’s drifted back a bit but still way better. Right hand still is quite numb but starting to get some sensation back and can actually feel pain to some degree which I haven’t for nearly a year in that hand.

Back up in a month and he will start me on a work hardening program to prep me for returning back to Offshore.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote:So had a couple of good Physio sessions in Brisbane over the weekend. You know uncle Rog has gone hard when you come away with bruises.

He’s very impressed with how my recovery is going and said it was the work I’ve put in pre-op with the exercises he gave me that have put me in a good position now.

Had a really big step change in the sensation in my hands post his treatment too. Left hand was about 90% feeling for a few hours. It’s drifted back a bit but still way better. Right hand still is quite numb but starting to get some sensation back and can actually feel pain to some degree which I haven’t for nearly a year in that hand.

Back up in a month and he will start me on a work hardening program to prep me for returning back to Offshore.
Thats really encouraging Kiwi. :)

You've certainly been through it. How does the being paid while off ill thing work in Aus? Do you have a limit before you need to be back at it?