What ails you today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: What ails you today?

Post by Perkles »

D6Nutz wrote:
Perkles wrote:my brother is really suffering with this at the moment he said its the worst he has ever known it
I think 5 or 6 years ago was worse, I ended up in prescription strength anti-histamines as I was taking 3 of the one-a-day tablets just to survive the day.

I did find out that certain foods can make the reaction worse. For example, and I'm not taking the piss, beer or larger. Worth looking into if your really suffering.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
thats because they are high histamine
How is it effecting your running ?
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Perkles wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:
Perkles wrote:my brother is really suffering with this at the moment he said its the worst he has ever known it
I think 5 or 6 years ago was worse, I ended up in prescription strength anti-histamines as I was taking 3 of the one-a-day tablets just to survive the day.

I did find out that certain foods can make the reaction worse. For example, and I'm not taking the piss, beer or larger. Worth looking into if your really suffering.

thats because they are high histamine
How is it effecting your running ?
It makes my asthma s lot worse so it does affect running any cycling quite a bit. I'm usually ok unless it's really hilly, then I run out of breath and steam pretty quick.

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Sweating, sickness feeling and absolutely shattered. Got it really bad this morning (temperature reading 36.5 which is normal for me in my daily temp checks). I get it every day I'm in the office. The office feels stupid crazy hot to me when everyone else seems okay and some are wearing fleeces.

It's so distracting because I can't tell if I'm going to sh!t myself or throw up. It's been like this for weeks but I don't have any symptoms to be allowed to get a test. I'm otherwise fine and it doesn't affect me at home so I can only assume it's a combination of air quality, lighting and temperature of the office which I don't get at home.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote:Sweating, sickness feeling and absolutely shattered. Got it really bad this morning (temperature reading 36.5 which is normal for me in my daily temp checks). I get it every day I'm in the office. The office feels stupid crazy hot to me when everyone else seems okay and some are wearing fleeces.

It's so distracting because I can't tell if I'm going to sh!t myself or throw up. It's been like this for weeks but I don't have any symptoms to be allowed to get a test. I'm otherwise fine and it doesn't affect me at home so I can only assume it's a combination of air quality, lighting and temperature of the office which I don't get at home.
Sounds silly, but do you drink a lot more or less tea/coffee when your in the office?

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav

Post by Cav »

I drink about the same in terms of caffeine content. I probably drink similar amount of water too.

It's always eased by around lunch time, like now I'm starting to feel a little better as the feeling gets overtaken by hunger. Then I'm typically okay for the afternoon
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote:I drink about the same in terms of caffeine content. I probably drink similar amount of water too.

It's always eased by around lunch time, like now I'm starting to feel a little better as the feeling gets overtaken by hunger. Then I'm typically okay for the afternoon
Maybe your allergic to work?

Cav

Post by Cav »

Oh no! That means I've got to stop working and bring a load of kids into the world I can't pay for! :D

It's quite bizarre. I've spotted the pattern but I can't come up with any real reason for it.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Cav wrote:
It's quite bizarre. I've spotted the pattern but I can't come up with any real reason for it.
Anxiety , it being a new job and a new environment .
breathing exercises and a small snack could be beneficial.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I am feeling overwhelmed quickly and over the littlest thing lately. The depression is getting harder to control again so anxiety makes sense. I'll look into it. Thank you
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Disappointment , processing the photos from my first couple of days back at a circuit , my panning has gone to sh!t , definitely got rusty during the enforced lay off , still got some nice ones but my hit rate is way down .

@Cav , it was easy to diagnose that one , I feel like that every time I have to leave the house , for a few hours at least , be careful later in the day as the adrenaline crash can make you less diligent than usual .
Cav

Post by Cav »

Sorry to hear that mate! You'll get back to your usual standard soon enough. Plenty of days going on to practice at if you choose to.

Thanks for the heads up, I tend to pick up when i get home but crash by 7 just as the Wife starts to properly wake up. Can end in trouble sometimes though.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Jack wrote:
Cav wrote:
Anxiety , it being a new job and a new environment .
breathing exercises and a small snack could be beneficial.
I was going to say the same thing Jack.

I know from experience my first 6 months in a new job I experience similar things. The mind is a powerful thing and you have put a lot of work and time into getting this job, and have put a lot of expectations on yourself for what you will achieve in the job and what it will afford you to achieve in your private life.

Jack is on the money..... breathe
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav

Post by Cav »

The same thing this morning, everything just feels too much and like I'm going to be physically ill from it. The headaches and cloudy vision follow about an hour after it starts.

I'm googling advice and tips etc. It's the first time I've ever wanted medication for a mental health problem.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Go and see your GP. It can be sorted. Don't just suffer it.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Immediately after hitting 'submit' on my comment above, I had emails bounce back from everything I was doing too. Can I just go home now!

I'm going to go to my car and call the doctors I think.. Take 5 minutes out to get myself together.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Cav, from what i can see you are trying to be all things to all people and as humans we just cannot function like that,

Do one thing at a time and don't attempt to take on too much at once. Do a lits of what to tackle in what order and cross them off the list as you do them. Don't start something else until you have finished what you are doing/working on.

Take time out now and again and do nothing. Go for a walk, slob about on the sofa, whatever works for you.

I have been in a similar place to you and it took a doctor to tell me i was making myself ill. And i didn't even realise I had a problem.

We are not super human beings.

Whilst we are all human beings we are NOT all the same. In fact no two of us are the same.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I just feel like I'm breaking from the inside out. I've rang the Doctors and gave them times to call me (my office is at least a 5 minute walk away to get somewhere quiet) and they've just tried calling me. I hope they call back later in the time I said I can do.

The breathing techniques help for a few minutes. I just hope no one in the office notices. I've not managed to do anything today.

Doing the trackday was amazing, but I think it made normal seem so much worse.

I will be okay it's just difficult to remember that at times.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:Cav, from what i can see you are trying to be all things to all people and as humans we just cannot function like that,

Do one thing at a time and don't attempt to take on too much at once. Do a lits of what to tackle in what order and cross them off the list as you do them. Don't start something else until you have finished what you are doing/working on.

Take time out now and again and do nothing. Go for a walk, slob about on the sofa, whatever works for you.

I have been in a similar place to you and it took a doctor to tell me i was making myself ill. And i didn't even realise I had a problem.

Whilst we are all human beings we are NOT all the same. In fact no two of us are the same.
^^^^^^

What he said. Regardless of anything else - you are the most important at times like these.

Get to the doctors and make sure you do! (y)
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

C00kiemonster wrote:
duke63 wrote:Cav, from what i can see you are trying to be all things to all people and as humans we just cannot function like that,

^^^^^^

What he said. Regardless of anything else - you are the most important at times like these.

Get to the doctors and make sure you do! (y)
What they both said, many times over.

One of my sanity savers is taking a proper lunch break. Find somewhere to walk if you can and force yourself to stop thinking about work (and anything else stressing you out) when I was in London I used to love walking round looking at the collision of architecture, it's truly amazing how the city has meshed together over the years.

Don't be afraid to talk to someone, not just professionals. You'd be amazed how much it helps just unburdening your stresses on someone who has no idea what your talking about.

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Duke talks sense. Listen to his advice.

Today I am doing absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. I'm playing games on my phone, watching Star Wars films and playing with the dog. You need to recharge your mental batteries. This is my way of doing it.