What ails you today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What ails you today?

Post by Cav »

If it's a tear it won't be too bad but top tip from my experience of 2 tears and 2 ruptures, don't take anti-inflammatories until the inflamation feels as though the sacks in your knee are going to burst. Then just take the anti-inflammatories to reduce the swelling.

My doctor's sister was a physio and between them they've trialled different things over the years and this was their best advice. I didn't do this the first time I injured my knee and it took forever to heal, the second time was a rupture but the pain was much more manageable much quicker with this method.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

I don’t take anti inflammatories at all as I have suffered from severe dyspepsia and an ulcer in the past.

Just been doing RICER all day and using a brace when I have to get about. I dislocated this same knee nearly 20 yrs ago and still have the brace from that.

Feels not bad atm but I’m 2 codeine and 3 ciders deep (lol)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Take it easy, kiwi. To say you have had a rough 12 month is an understatement.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

duke63 wrote:Take it easy, kiwi. To say you have had a rough 12 month is an understatement.
I thought I was!!! (lol)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

What is "RICER"????????????
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

D41 wrote:What is "RICER"????????????
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation
Referral

I had to look the last R up, but it's standard injury management.

@kiwikrasher check out No-HARM.. lol.. no G&T for pain management.. lol..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav

Post by Cav »

Stress. I request redundancy to hopefully have a more certain outlook on my fate but that isn't to be the case.

I've booked tomorrow off.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Look after yourself mate.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Cav, take care mate.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6Nutz wrote:
D41 wrote:What is "RICER"????????????
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation
Referral

I had to look the last R up, but it's standard injury management.

@kiwikrasher check out No-HARM.. lol.. no G&T for pain management.. lol..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
The last R the way I’ve been taught is REPEAT. As in repeat the ice treatment every couple of hours. But does seem on a quick search Nutz is dead right and it means referral these days.

And yes while I’m well aware of no-HARM, I reckon 3 out of 4 isn’t too bad (lol)

Had the MRI this morning, but after giving it the ice treatments and resting it for a couple of days it feels heaps better today. Have nearly full range of movement and can bear weight, with just some pain at the extremes of movement and twisting.

Hopefully it continues to heal at this rate and I can still head to work. Good indication it was just a sprain hopefully!
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

MRI came back as a minor meniscus tear. Doc is happy for me to go back to work.

Still tender but I’ve got about 70-80% mobility and the swelling has gone. If I had sick leave I’d use it, but I don’t so I’m off to work as normal and hope I don’t have to run up and down the stairs too much.
Cav

Post by Cav »

The stress situation... yesterday's dog walk with the wife helped A LOT. But at times I was still getting a bit consumed by it.

I've decided to have a weekend free from job searching and CV finessing to try and help but last night I had the first dream I've remembered in months.

The dream was just me sitting at a table surrounded by other people doing the same, it resembled a cafe but it was all people from my office. I was in there for hours, just waiting. At the end of the dream nothing had changed.. I was still sat there waiting then I woke up.

The bright side is that I find out on Wednesday.. the downside is I have 2 full "normal" days in the office before that. I've not started any new work packages (including those deemed a higher priority) because of obvious reasons. The amount of projects that will just disappear after Wednesday is huge. I haven't been asked to prepare a handover either so if I'm asked to not return to work I don't know what will happen with a lot of my stuff.

I didn't intend for this to turn into a vent and maybe this is in the wrong place but I guess I needed to get this off my chest without knowing it.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

kiwikrasher wrote:MRI came back as a minor meniscus tear. Doc is happy for me to go back to work.

Still tender but I’ve got about 70-80% mobility and the swelling has gone. If I had sick leave I’d use it, but I don’t so I’m off to work as normal and hope I don’t have to run up and down the stairs too much.
So I got out to work ok, but because I had been taking codeine painkillers I had to bring them with me to prove i'd been scripted them in case i got drug tested as codeine is now a script only in Aussie. Because i had them on me I had to declare them to the medic once on board. Haven't used them since saturday.

The medic then got a bee in her bonnet and tried to say i wasn't fit for work. I said I am, and my doctor has cleared me. I go to bed for a couple of hours as I'm on night shift, and wen i get up I get called into the bosses office. Medic has pushed the point and had a rant to our medical officer on shore. So now work want me to get a clearance from a company doctor.

So i'm not allowed out on plant over shift tonight, tomorrow I have to go back to Darwin to visit a company doctor and if i get deemed fit for work, I fly back out and back onto night shift. F**KING SH*IT FIGHT :@
Cav

Post by Cav »

Talk about jobs worth! What a flipping nightmare!!!
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Whaaaaaat!!?? That's total feckin' bullsh#t.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I realise they have to be careful on the rigs but that's taking the piss.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

My neck. Currently in the physio waiting room so hopefully some improvements soon.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:I realise they have to be careful on the rigs but that's taking the piss.
The medic onboard has a reputation for it. If it’d been one of our other 2 medics that we have it would’ve been no problem at all. I just hope I get deemed fit so they don’t send me home. And due to flight availability I can’t actually get back out offshore till Monday, so I’ll get the weekend in Darwin in a hotel on the company (lol) silver linings and all.

Just chatted to Jess and if the appointment goes well and i am hanging about I’m going to fly her up and explore Darwin together.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:MRI came back as a minor meniscus tear. Doc is happy for me to go back to work.

So I got out to work ok, but because I had been taking codeine painkillers I had to bring them with me to prove i'd been scripted them in case i got drug tested as codeine is now a script only in Aussie. Because i had them on me I had to declare them to the medic once on board. Haven't used them since saturday.

The medic then got a bee in her bonnet and tried to say i wasn't fit for work. I said I am, and my doctor has cleared me. I go to bed for a couple of hours as I'm on night shift, and wen i get up I get called into the bosses office. Medic has pushed the point and had a rant to our medical officer on shore. So now work want me to get a clearance from a company doctor.

So i'm not allowed out on plant over shift tonight, tomorrow I have to go back to Darwin to visit a company doctor and if i get deemed fit for work, I fly back out and back onto night shift. F**KING SH*IT FIGHT :@
FFS - she's obviously got bugger all else to do then..... (fubar)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Just chatted to Jess and if the appointment goes well and i am hanging about I’m going to fly her up and explore Darwin together.
/deletes WhatsApp from his phone