What ails you today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.

Re: What ails you today?

Postby Kwacky » 25 Sep 2018, 10:58

Is that a vomiting bug or food poisoning?
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 27166
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 2089 times
Been thanked: 4810 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby Cavetroll87 » 25 Sep 2018, 11:00

Think it's a bug, Travis was sick last week, thought we had avoided it though. Apparently not
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
User avatar
Cavetroll87
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:40
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 543 times
Been thanked: 480 times
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: What ails you today?

Postby kiwikrasher » 05 Oct 2018, 22:42

Bit of an update

second MRI put into question if it was a tumour. Had to wait two weeks and then had 3rd MRI. That was almost exactly like the second. So they feel it’s unlikely it’s a tumour now but still possible

The Neuro wants to chop the disk out and fuse as she suggested earlier. But she’s not in a hurry to do that expect for the fact I can’t work till this is resolved.

So I’ve also talked to Rog (Physio) and his suggestion is to do 3-4 intensive sessions over two days each with him and a 2 week break between each one to see if he can get any where with the symptoms. If he can’t then surgery will be my only option, but if he can, it may save me surgery for the disk.

Either way I have to resolve the spinal cord swelling and then have another MRI to totally rule out a tumour then I can get cleared for work.

The income protection crowd and work are ok with that plan. So up in Brisbane again this weekend.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
User avatar
kiwikrasher
 
Posts: 5511
Joined: 17 Mar 2014, 04:32
Location: Kurrajong Heights, NSW, Australia
Has thanked: 2104 times
Been thanked: 1971 times
Your Bike: '10 Multistrada 1200 S ‘87 Honda GB400TT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby Kwacky » 05 Oct 2018, 22:51

Have fun
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 27166
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 2089 times
Been thanked: 4810 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby Kwacky » 15 Oct 2018, 12:14

Bruised hands from using the bags yesterday. I didn't have my gloves so I went bareback. I look like I've been fighting, which isn't a very professional look.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 27166
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 2089 times
Been thanked: 4810 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby D41 » 15 Oct 2018, 12:53

Kwacky wrote:Bruised hands from using the bags yesterday. I didn't have my gloves so I went bareback. I look like I've been fighting, which isn't a very professional look.



Mickey Rourke......"The Rainmaker".....'Bruiser Stone' (lawyer)

You'll be fine. (y)
User avatar
D41
 
Posts: 7085
Joined: 22 Sep 2014, 11:36
Has thanked: 2233 times
Been thanked: 614 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What ails you today?

Postby D6Nutz » 22 Oct 2018, 08:47

Manflu. You know it's not good when a contractor doesn't go into work.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
User avatar
D6Nutz
 
Posts: 4287
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:26
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 1038 times
Your Bike: KTM 990 Superduke

Re: What ails you today?

Postby kiwikrasher » 23 Oct 2018, 22:14

Well yesterday I did more physical activity than I have in a while moving campertrailers and bikes about then putting up/taking down the camper to show the new owners the ropes.

This morning I feel like I’ve put back all the hard work I’ve done with Physio. Numbness is the worse it’s been in 2 months and my other hand has gone numb down the little finger side as well. That’s on top of plenty of aches in my shoulders and arms.

The Physio is definitely helping but I’ve I can’t do a moderate bit of work without falling apart I don’t think I’ll be avoiding the fusion surgery
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
User avatar
kiwikrasher
 
Posts: 5511
Joined: 17 Mar 2014, 04:32
Location: Kurrajong Heights, NSW, Australia
Has thanked: 2104 times
Been thanked: 1971 times
Your Bike: '10 Multistrada 1200 S ‘87 Honda GB400TT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby C00kiemonster » 24 Oct 2018, 10:15

kiwikrasher wrote:Well yesterday I did more physical activity than I have in a while moving campertrailers and bikes about then putting up/taking down the camper to show the new owners the ropes.

This morning I feel like I’ve put back all the hard work I’ve done with Physio. Numbness is the worse it’s been in 2 months and my other hand has gone numb down the little finger side as well. That’s on top of plenty of aches in my shoulders and arms.

The Physio is definitely helping but I’ve I can’t do a moderate bit of work without falling apart I don’t think I’ll be avoiding the fusion surgery


Any more news on the surgery Kiwi?
User avatar
C00kiemonster
 
Posts: 5552
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:11
Location: Froggie Land
Has thanked: 1951 times
Been thanked: 925 times
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: What ails you today?

Postby kiwikrasher » 24 Oct 2018, 21:25

C00kiemonster wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:Well yesterday I did more physical activity than I have in a while moving campertrailers and bikes about then putting up/taking down the camper to show the new owners the ropes.

This morning I feel like I’ve put back all the hard work I’ve done with Physio. Numbness is the worse it’s been in 2 months and my other hand has gone numb down the little finger side as well. That’s on top of plenty of aches in my shoulders and arms.

The Physio is definitely helping but I’ve I can’t do a moderate bit of work without falling apart I don’t think I’ll be avoiding the fusion surgery


Any more news on the surgery Kiwi?


I have another MRI and Neuro review mid November. We’ll see what gains have been made with Physio and decide from there.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
User avatar
kiwikrasher
 
Posts: 5511
Joined: 17 Mar 2014, 04:32
Location: Kurrajong Heights, NSW, Australia
Has thanked: 2104 times
Been thanked: 1971 times
Your Bike: '10 Multistrada 1200 S ‘87 Honda GB400TT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby D41 » 27 Oct 2018, 15:02

Headcold.

Frickin' sucks big-time. And the weather isn't helping.
Think I'm going to lay in bed all day & complain to the walls, slob out on chocolate & ice cream, and just be a general all-around misery guts.

Business as usual.
User avatar
D41
 
Posts: 7085
Joined: 22 Sep 2014, 11:36
Has thanked: 2233 times
Been thanked: 614 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What ails you today?

Postby duke63 » 28 Oct 2018, 17:53

The thought of coming home from work in the dark for the next 4 months.
User avatar
duke63
 
Posts: 9191
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:34
Location: Staffordshire
Has thanked: 2083 times
Been thanked: 2435 times
Your Bike: Ducati 748 and Multistrada 1200

Re: What ails you today?

Postby Kwacky » 28 Oct 2018, 19:32

D41 wrote:Headcold.

Frickin' sucks big-time. And the weather isn't helping.
Think I'm going to lay in bed all day & complain to the walls, slob out on chocolate & ice cream, and just be a general all-around misery guts.

Business as usual.


Me too.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 27166
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 2089 times
Been thanked: 4810 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby D6Nutz » 28 Oct 2018, 19:33

duke63 wrote:The thought of coming home from work in the dark for the next 4 months.
I get dark both ways for most of the winter. The only way I get to see daylight is a lunchtime walk.

That said, we have restarted the post work, head torch trail runs. It's bloody good fun running through fields and woods in the dark...
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
User avatar
D6Nutz
 
Posts: 4287
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:26
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 1038 times
Your Bike: KTM 990 Superduke

Re: What ails you today?

Postby D41 » 28 Oct 2018, 23:11

Hmmm.

I'm suitably drugged-up to the nines right now & feeling much better.
User avatar
D41
 
Posts: 7085
Joined: 22 Sep 2014, 11:36
Has thanked: 2233 times
Been thanked: 614 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What ails you today?

Postby kiwikrasher » 08 Nov 2018, 00:00

Not having a great day today. Over the last 6 weeks I’ve been getting increasing nerve pain in my shoulders and arms and today is probably the worst it’s been. It’s hard to describe, but it’s a constant deep ache like someone has tried to pull my arms out of their sockets.

I’ve avoided pain meds till now but if this doesn’t ease up I’m going to have to look at some I think, it’s just wearing me down.

MRI next week so interested to see what if any changes are evident.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
User avatar
kiwikrasher
 
Posts: 5511
Joined: 17 Mar 2014, 04:32
Location: Kurrajong Heights, NSW, Australia
Has thanked: 2104 times
Been thanked: 1971 times
Your Bike: '10 Multistrada 1200 S ‘87 Honda GB400TT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby Kwacky » 08 Nov 2018, 09:14

I'll send you some porn via Whatsapp, that'll distract you :D
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 27166
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 2089 times
Been thanked: 4810 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby kiwikrasher » 08 Nov 2018, 12:34

Kwacky wrote:I'll send you some porn via Whatsapp, that'll distract you :D


Please, no more of that old lady porn, I can’t take it (lol)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
User avatar
kiwikrasher
 
Posts: 5511
Joined: 17 Mar 2014, 04:32
Location: Kurrajong Heights, NSW, Australia
Has thanked: 2104 times
Been thanked: 1971 times
Your Bike: '10 Multistrada 1200 S ‘87 Honda GB400TT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby kiwikrasher » 11 Nov 2018, 09:25

One of the downsides of my hand and arm being numb.

Must have bashed my arm doing the yard work yesterday but have no idea how or when I did it.

B341C965-90D2-4169-A236-D8C8568E2C7A.jpeg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
User avatar
kiwikrasher
 
Posts: 5511
Joined: 17 Mar 2014, 04:32
Location: Kurrajong Heights, NSW, Australia
Has thanked: 2104 times
Been thanked: 1971 times
Your Bike: '10 Multistrada 1200 S ‘87 Honda GB400TT

Re: What ails you today?

Postby D41 » 11 Nov 2018, 09:32

"You have a woman's hand, M'Lord!!"

:D
User avatar
D41
 
Posts: 7085
Joined: 22 Sep 2014, 11:36
Has thanked: 2233 times
Been thanked: 614 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

PreviousNext

Return to Slapper Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests