The new improved fitness thread

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: The new improved fitness thread

Post by Kwacky »

Chest session last night. I've always struggled with decline press due to my shoulder injury but I hit 70kg with ease.

Now my moobs look magnificent.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

I went yesterday and did 1500 steps on the stairmaster at 80-90 steps per minute, then some sets on the shoulder and chest press machines.

I plan to go again tomorrow as i need to, im pretty much starting from scratch with no trainer, she's now assistant manager at another branch.

2k steps is my target plus a bigger variety of upper body work, maybe some leg press after a bit of recovery from the stairmaster.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Football training last night wasn't pleasant.

Running 30 lengths of the Astro (half pitch) followed by shuttle sprints (penalty box line, half way, opposite penalty box, end of pitch).

Then we have about 40 minutes of a match which consisted of overt the top tackling. One particularly gobby kid known for bad tackles was laughing at me for getting p!ssed off. Shortly afterwards we were 1 on 1 chasing down the ball, I saw him swerve away from me ready for a huge lunge into me to win the ball, I only had to drop a shoulder and he went flying. Had someone else keep pushing everyone he tackled into the fence, he did the same to me so I pushed him into the fence harder than he was expecting.

I get fed up of idiots very quickly
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

10 mile trail run this morning, the mud is back (happy)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Cav wrote:Football training last night wasn't pleasant.

Running 30 lengths of the Astro (half pitch) followed by shuttle sprints (penalty box line, half way, opposite penalty box, end of pitch).

Then we have about 40 minutes of a match which consisted of overt the top tackling. One particularly gobby kid known for bad tackles was laughing at me for getting p!ssed off. Shortly afterwards we were 1 on 1 chasing down the ball, I saw him swerve away from me ready for a huge lunge into me to win the ball, I only had to drop a shoulder and he went flying. Had someone else keep pushing everyone he tackled into the fence, he did the same to me so I pushed him into the fence harder than he was expecting.

I get fed up of idiots very quickly
Me too.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

We had a practice grading last night. Both me and Mrs Kwacky were crap. No idea why because we can do it all but last night it just wasn't happening. Our instructor got a bit worried and we had to see him at the end (wasntme)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Have you been practicing other extra curricular activities? ;) Oi oi!!

I have football again tonight.. I'm not looking forward to more O.T.T. tackling and unprecedented levels of aggression. I'm worried I'm going to lose my cool soon
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Shoulders and traps last night,

I've been really impressed with what my instructor has achieved with my shoulder. It was always weak after my accident. It tired very quickly and wasn't very strong. A few exercises were off limits due to pain and limitation of movement.

Last night I managed a lot of reps on incline bench shoulder press - 12 x 10kg, 12 x 12kg, 10 x 16kg and 10x 18kg. Not massive weights but the shoulder didn't tire and I got no pain. I even managed 3 sets of around the worlds afterwards which really does stretch the shoulder muscles and joint. It's not sore today either. Unlike my traps, they're on fire.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Great work, mate :)

I'm considering joining a local (dark and dingy) gym which is mega cheap. I've not been to a gym since March.. really out of shape
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in about 6 months.

13 stone 10. Which is about 10 pounds more than I want to be.

Looks like I need to start thinking about what I'm eating. Rather than just thinking about eating. All the time.

Mmmmmm, food.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I'm in the same boat Kwacky... that and not exercising any more.

Played football this weekend. Hyper extended my not-so-long-ago recovered knee... that had me on the floor in tears - bloomin' hell!

I sent some 16 stone 6 foot tall fatty flying in a very clean tackle too, I really don't know how it happened because he was properly charging into me and I only dropped the shoulder. It was a hard but clean tackle and they got a foul for it
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Same boat. Limited to what movement I can do and not working I’ve put on over 5 kg (11 pound) since I’ve been off work. Really noticed it moving back to summer clothes and shorts don’t fit me anymore

About 6 weeks ago I started using My Fitness Pal again and tracking food intake, limiting calorie intake and balancing carbs/protein/fat intake.

Lasted 8 days. It was too depressing.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm still exercising. My chest and shoulders have grown and my legs are fine. But I've got a spare tyre I need to get rid of.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Legs with my PT. I'm going to regret this
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

7 miles of proper muddy trail this evening

So nice to have the mud back :)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

I've not been for too long, seem to be getting bug after bug after bug, working with the public eh?
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Well, someone's got to do the new year, new me bullshit, might as well be me.

Except it's not a new me, perhaps just a more focussed one with a few more fitness goals.
I won't bore you with them all now, I'll address them when relevant.

Anyway, yesterday saw my first training session of the year, and blow me down if I didn't go for a run.
2.19 miles in 20 mins 25 seconds. Hardly earth-shattering performance but I'm half happy with it. I'm heavier than when I last ran and that is putting extra pressure on my knees, so I've got to be careful as I break myself into cardio training. The plus point is that I wasn't totally knackered afterwards, so I know my lungs can take it, I just have to work my old knees up to the task.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I've come to the realisation that I'm fat. From illness prior to my holiday last June to concussion during my holiday in June and only recently recovering from that I've gained a horrific amount of fat - I can feel my belly wobble as I go down the stairs.

Because I'm skint and can't afford the gym I've decided to take up running with my 6 month old Springer, Elsie. I'm being sensible and doing Couch to 5K but decided to tackle it at our local beacon and woods - very enjoyable so far.

Any of you guys do trail running? Immediately more enjoyable than pavement running IMO. Quite nice running at sub zero temperatures too
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Take a look at the app You Are Your Own Gym. It's really useful for own body weight exercises.
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

After some time off I will be back at it tomorrow, after a year of 2-3 sessions a week and a heavily revised diet I lost very little from my gut so I will be trying to concentrate on that as I'm too cheap to buy new bike trousers :D