The new improved fitness thread

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: The new improved fitness thread

Post by D6Nutz »

D6Nutz wrote:... Came in at 51:30 ...
Same route again tonight, came in a 48 mins dead. Happy with that.
kiwikrasher wrote: What's your username on there? I'm Revidabucs.
I worked out how to set my username, it's D6Nutz (I need to keep things simple at my age) The GPS cut out on me again, but at least runkeeper allows you to edit the route and correct it.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The gym was pretty busy tonight so I didn't do much. It was a half hearted chest and shoulder work out.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6Nutz wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:... Came in at 51:30 ...
Same route again tonight, came in a 48 mins dead. Happy with that.
kiwikrasher wrote: What's your username on there? I'm Revidabucs.
I worked out how to set my username, it's D6Nutz (I need to keep things simple at my age) The GPS cut out on me again, but at least runkeeper allows you to edit the route and correct it.
Maybe you're running through a dead spot then?? Looks like a handy circuit that, good work!!

As you can see I've only done a couple of smaller runs lately. Race is this weekend so what will be will be. As long as I'm not slower than last year
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Shoulders and triceps today
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Haven't really got back into the gym after my fitness test last week.
So I set my alarm for 0530 with all good intentions of a massive back and traps session before work.

At about 0500 the heavens opened and my desire to get up in half an hour dissipated somewhat rapidly!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Chest and core then 15 mins boxing pad work. I had a really hard session with the pads and no sign of a headache. I'm knackered.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

First session yesterday with the trainer for about a month... feck that aches..

He did a bit of a warm up session covering the whole body, and today my whole body is aching somewhere... Still, run day tomorrow..

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Run day was looking good, ran the same 5 mile route that I've done the last couple of weeks , but at about that half way marker (rain) (rain) (rain)

Still, it didn't seem to dampen my running spirits as I ran in to 46 mins.. The run felt comfortable and I reckon I've got a bit more in the tank..

R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

Started training a bit since I finished college a few weeks ago and signed up for a triathlon next year as a bit on incentive. Just aiming to mainly shed some lbs before I get into serious race training mode but I'm about 23lbs down now in the last 7 weeks. I aim to drop around the same again over the next 7 then start to add in my cycle/run/swim specific training alongside what I'm now doing.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's good weight loss. Nice and steady is what you want.

Back and shoulders today. Trained on my own, got in early, got loads done.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Not done any training of any kind for at least 3 years.

My weight is fine but I know my fitness level is poor and my general health has suffered recently so decided to exercise a little. Nothing too serious or commited as got a serious back injury but want to improve my health and life style as much as my fitness.

Today was the first step 20 minutes on the cross trainer which only proved how unfit I am. Not really sweaty or out of breath but HR quickly up to 147bpm at a moderate pace of about 11 kmph.

I feel bad physically but good I have made a big step towards improving my overall health. Hopefully I will keep it up as my wife and I are both keen to get some swimming and walking done on our days off now the youngest will start school in September.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

Blade wrote:Not done any training of any kind for at least 3 years.

My weight is fine but I know my fitness level is poor and my general health has suffered recently so decided to exercise a little. Nothing too serious or commited as got a serious back injury but want to improve my health and life style as much as my fitness.

Today was the first step 20 minutes on the cross trainer which only proved how unfit I am. Not really sweaty or out of breath but HR quickly up to 147bpm at a moderate pace of about 11 kmph.

I feel bad physically but good I have made a big step towards improving my overall health. Hopefully I will keep it up as my wife and I are both keen to get some swimming and walking done on our days off now the youngest will start school in September.
Well done mate - the first steps are the hardest as you overcome the inertia of not having done anything for ages. It's amazing how quickly you'll get back into things and get a reasonable level of fitness and it'll really make you feel better. (y)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers BM a mate at work said the same so hopefully fingers crossed it will.
beermonster

Post by beermonster »

Blade wrote:Cheers BM a mate at work said the same so hopefully fingers crossed it will.
Just stick at it - when I was in hospital only at Easter I was 19 stone, had a 42" waist and I was totally unfit...now I'm 17 stone, my 38" waist trousers keep falling down without a belt and I went to a pretty intense gig on Friday and threw a load of kids around the mosh pit for nearly an hour without getting out of breath! If I can do it then a racing snake like you should be fine! :D
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

My new training is first thing in the morning before breakfast I do every other day and only one muscle per workout which means I concentrate on that part of the body and gets trained once a week, Friday I did chest, bench press only 50 kilo 5 sets of 25 reps last two sets with 8 kilo dumbbell flies the last set I was shaking and had to pause twice before I could finish the set lol, yesterday I did biceps, 30 kilo 25 reps for 5 sets with last two sets using the 8 kilo dumbells for seated curls to failure, this morning I can't straighten my arms and I'll have to leave shaving till tomorrow lol.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

beermonster wrote:Well done mate - the first steps are the hardest as you overcome the inertia of not having done anything for ages. It's amazing how quickly you'll get back into things and get a reasonable level of fitness and it'll really make you feel better. (y)
What he said 100% .. The only thing I can add is to not push yourself to hard to fast, it's very easy to get injured or make an existing injury worse..

The key point for me is to find something that you actually enjoy doing as well, doing some joint exercise with the Mrs will definitely help to keep you motivated ;)

Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blasted my arms tonight
Blade

Post by Blade »

Hit the gym again today and enjoyed it. Just 20 mins on the cross trainer as taking baby steps
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:Hit the gym again today and enjoyed it. Just 20 mins on the cross trainer as taking baby steps
(y)

If your back is ok with it you could give the rowing machine a go for a different type of exercise. It's good for overall conditioning as well as cardio.

beermonster

Post by beermonster »

Blade wrote:Hit the gym again today and enjoyed it. Just 20 mins on the cross trainer as taking baby steps
Good work! (y)

I did about 15 miles on the bike today (had a heavy backpack today cos I take my week's change of clothes in on a Monday) wo cycled to New Street where I caught the train to Marston Green then cycled home via my fortnightly sports massage and manicure session in Hall Green.....which is mostly uphill and into the wind - ouch!