The new improved fitness thread

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: The new improved fitness thread

Post by D6Nutz »

Somewhere between 12 and 13 miles on the trails (depends on if you take my watch or strava)

Tried out the navigation function on the new watch, its bloody brilliant. Drew a route before I left and it kept me right on it. Lovely morning for a run too, if a tad on the chilly side.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

More grading practice. I seem to know my pattern but the line work isn't gelling. I've got just under 2 weeks, I'm sure it'll click.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

5 mile recovery run, with a few hill sprints. Felt very odd not having tired legs after yesterday's run, which was pretty tough.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I'm dead.

I am SOOO fcukin' dead.

Went for a 20 mile bicycle ride this afternoon.....I think I died at around 13 miles and must've freewheeled the rest of the way home. Feel very much in the dead zone right now....disoriented, distracted, & very much out of any shape but round.
Novacaine from the dentist isn't helping.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I'm going to the gym tonight but no idea what I'll be able to do as every single joint in my body is screaming in pain and my right wrist has difficulty doing anything involving pulling (I have to use my left hand to open all doors!)

I think it might be bench press and abs tonight :(
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Why not take a week off? Your body sounds like it needs the rest.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I haven't been in a week already, I feel like my body should have had enough rest. I'll go tonight but take it steady and if after 5 minutes I'm clearly not up to it I will go home.

If it makes me worse then I will definitely see the doctor - it's annoying though
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

warmed up with deadlifts then did a mixed back and shoulder routine, most of which was on cables.

I was doing low rows on the machine but a bloke used the machine next to me and he stank, really really bad, so I had to move. Dirty fecker.
Cav

Post by Cav »

What is wrong with people's self-hygiene?! Also, I don't know why but it is always black people that smell in my gym, not the asian, eastern european or white british... genuine question, is there a physiological reason for this or are they lazy feckers?

I did incline bench, shoulder barbell press, lateral raises and rear delt flies before doing a drop set of triceps and going home - my wrist was playing up and I didn't feel like I had much energy
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

5 mile, seriously muddy trail run tonight. Great fun.

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm at the gym tonight. My PT says he's going to put me on the sledge. I don't think it's a Christmas thing.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Oh nice.. either you'll be 'towing' it or grip a rope and pull it. It's a great cardio way of resistance training
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

So, it was weights on the sled, push the sled to the end of the room, run back and then use the rope to pull it back.

I didn't enjoy it.

Then supersets on chest, biceps and triceps.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

10 mile trail race this morning, feck that was hard.. Finished in 1:33 which was 12 mins faster than last year.

D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Cav wrote:What is wrong with people's self-hygiene?! Also, I don't know why but it is always black people that smell in my gym, not the asian, eastern european or white british... genuine question, is there a physiological reason for this or are they lazy feckers?
There's a genuine reason for it.....blacks tend to sweat more than Asians or Caucasians......dark skin attracts more heat, which in turn produces more sweat....sweat holds a lot of toxins, etc.
There's often a glandular thing going on there too. My wife & kids are black...or mixed - they use an entirely different range of soaps & hygiene items, hair products, etc......stuff that caters specifically to African-Americans.

For what it's worth, blacks usually think Caucasians smell like mayonnaise.....their perception of smell is quite different from that of whites too.

People from Sunderland just smell terrible period. Regardless of what colour their skin is. Filthy buggers.
Cav

Post by Cav »

D41 wrote:
Cav wrote:What is wrong with people's self-hygiene?! Also, I don't know why but it is always black people that smell in my gym, not the asian, eastern european or white british... genuine question, is there a physiological reason for this or are they lazy feckers?
There's a genuine reason for it.....blacks tend to sweat more than Asians or Caucasians......dark skin attracts more heat, which in turn produces more sweat....sweat holds a lot of toxins, etc.
There's often a glandular thing going on there too. My wife & kids are black...or mixed - they use an entirely different range of soaps & hygiene items, hair products, etc......stuff that caters specifically to African-Americans.

For what it's worth, blacks usually think Caucasians smell like mayonnaise.....their perception of smell is quite different from that of whites too.

People from Sunderland just smell terrible period. Regardless of what colour their skin is. Filthy buggers.
fair enough.. and yes, sunderland is a different kettle of fish!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Last practice before Saturday's grading. I've found out tonight that one of the movements I do is wrong. It's taken 3 years for someone to spot it. Oh well, I've got a few days to get it into my head.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

5 mile recovery run last night. Legs feeling proper battered after yesterday's race.

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

7 mile trail run this morning, quick reccy for a route I'll be leading next week.

7.5 miles on the trail again tonight with the group.

For some odd reason, I'm feeling a little tired now..