What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by D41 »

:D. Do it!!!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Work have blocked tankslap.

They're really going out of their way to piss me off at the moment.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:Work have blocked tankslap.

They're really going out of their way to piss me off at the moment.
:D

Try this - sometimes works.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Those sites get you the sack, so I'll stick to using the phone :P
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

WOW! do they look at your browsing history then to see what sites you are using? or is it a keyword trigger that someone here has tripped for ya?
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Everyone gets monitored. If a non work related site appears too frequently they block it.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

That's proper rubbish, could you not say you use it to discuss work related issues with people in the know like TC?
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's an external company. They're pretty shit to be honest. This morning they blocked BBC news.

All social media is supposed to be blocked but you can get on to Twitter.

eBay isn't blocked.

Most embedded images are blocked.

We're using IE8 so a lot of websites don't work correctly.

Support is only by email

I've had to create a spam folder in my inbox to deal with their email updates. We get between 3 to 8 every day.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Cavetroll87 wrote:WOW! do they look at your browsing history then to see what sites you are using? or is it a keyword trigger that someone here has tripped for ya?
Most commercial website blocking is done from established lists of sites based on categories and the odd keyword. Usually on a subscription service, they are not usually very proactive and the lists update themselves.

And for those of you who think your IT department cant see what your doing - your wrong. We used to be able to see every site you visited and every email you sent. Be careful at work - the IT department are arseholes :D
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

C00kiemonster wrote:
Cavetroll87 wrote:WOW! do they look at your browsing history then to see what sites you are using? or is it a keyword trigger that someone here has tripped for ya?
Most commercial website blocking is done from established lists of sites based on categories and the odd keyword. Usually on a subscription service, they are not usually very proactive and the lists update themselves.

And for those of you who think your IT department cant see what your doing - your wrong. We used to be able to see every site you visited and every email you sent. Be careful at work - the IT department are arseholes :D
I have no IT department, I am it normally haha, the perks of working in a small firm.

ANYWAY...

I would like to vent about work. This week has just been complication after complication after complication.

Declined Agreement in Principles because the client lied about the fact they have 3 defualts, cancelled meetings at the last minute after rearranging your whole day for the second time after they cancelled last week, people chasing you to get stuff quickly done but the same people have been sitting on forms they needed to send you back for 2 weeks and been ignoring your messages and emaisl chasing them.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

C00kiemonster wrote:

My last client was one of the most paranoid I've ever worked for.

All phonecalls where recorded, all emails and internet traffic was logged and stored for 7 years. They had active content filtering as well, even to the point where they would do a "man in the middle" so they could see all https traffic. It was done in such a way that as a normal user you would never notice.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

D6Nutz wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:

All phonecalls where recorded, all emails and internet traffic was logged and stored for 7 years. They had active content filtering as well, even to the point where they would do a "man in the middle" so they could see all https traffic. It was done in such a way that as a normal user you would never notice.
Blimey. Man in the middle scanning needs some powerful kit. It's the only way of scanning https effectively but surely breaks laws in some way, especially on financial data.

Proper paranoia. I like him :D
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

C00kiemonster wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote: Most commercial website blocking is done from established lists of sites based on categories and the odd keyword. Usually on a subscription service, they are not usually very proactive and the lists update themselves.

Blimey. Man in the middle scanning needs some powerful kit. It's the only way of scanning https effectively but surely breaks laws in some way, especially on financial data.

Proper paranoia. I like him :D
Somehow they even changed the certificate chain so the browser was still happy and reported the connection as secure. If you just glanced at the certificate it would even appear as if it was from the original site...

It was written into the contracts (both contract and perm) that the corporate network was work related ONLY and they reserved the right to monitor and record any sessions. There where no desktop computers anywhere, it was all virtual and there was no way of connecting anything other than headphones to the virtual devices.

I think there was a department to monitor the manufacturer of the tin foil hats.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

People who don't use deodorant, or shower in this weather, NO NEED!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Not today but yesterday

Well it all kicked off yesterday

Had the pikey's move in to our local field during the night. Woke up started to walk my dog to be greeted by 9 caravans, 2 or 3 dogs patrolling the field, groups of pikey tw@s and a group of youngsters huddle in to a U shape with 2 of them fighting eachother.

We are having a huge amount of housing development going on around the area where a big REME garrisons used to be so there are a fair few security guards sweeping the area. I walked up to one of their land rover type cars and asked what was going on. He said they moved in and they were staging racing their cars up and down our road. Not only that he had a report of a lady and her dog being attacked by their pikey dogs.

I know what pikey's are like lived around them for 18 years, went to school with them and they arent nice people. If anyone remembers last year we had another group of them move in for weeks and weeks and their leaving present was allowing their big horse to drag a smaller horse by its feet up and down the road, up and down the rugby fields and leaving it to die in front of my flat. Police sent 1 Bobby over who knew the risks and decided not to approach the camp site. (Unsure what we pay our taxes for to be honest) and THE SOLIDERS had to get the f&*kers out of our area.

So i rang the police. Heard they moved 4 miles away into another nice area. To cause more trouble.

Second issue yesterday was...

We live in a block of flats. 3 dogs are in this flat incl mine. 1 of them was a fighting dog. It's a viscous bastard but lovely to humans (otherwise it got a kick in the face and burned etc etc so had to be nice to people). The bloke who owns this dog thinks it's fine, it's not. It's already attacked a pup in the other block of flats and now attacked my other neighbours dog. My neighbour (ex para) tried to get the fighting dog off his dog the bloke took exception to this and hit him and ripped his shirt etc...para training kicks in and he beat him up (in a blunt sense). The bloke needed it I'll admit. My misses was outside at the time having a fab and she buzzed our intercom to get me out as she was stuck in the middle of all 4 of them. I shot out and find the guy with a busted face and my nice neighbour with a ripped top but actually pretty well off. My partner said he was able to defend himself.

So what now. Police are involved, dog will have to go

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Blimey Rossgo, that puts me having a go at someone yesterday about littering into perspective.

Is there no chance of you being able to move?
D41

Post by D41 »

Never a dull moment around your way, is there, Rossgo
??

Where do you live??
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:Blimey Rossgo, that puts me having a go at someone yesterday about littering into perspective.

Is there no chance of you being able to move?
We pay a good rent for around here, I will pay double if i move which we can't afford atm. It's local to family and its genuinely a nice area. Most of the guys around here are fine. Bit of snobbery and scum all in the area, got to love the bitch fights sometimes here! Littering was a problem and there's a group of lads who seemed to not understand that this is a nice area and we all pay rent NOT for them to f' it up. I had to ask them and have got very angry at times to stop. They do pick it up now and put it in the bin but they didn't at first. But thats small compared to some of what's happened around here!

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:Never a dull moment around your way, is there, Rossgo
??

Where do you live??
Nope!!

Me and my misses 'observe' a fair bit now! We leave the crap for others lol!

There's a women and her bloke having arguments at the moment. Got to love what they argue over sometimes

Women - *looking out of the window* you have been an f'ing hour
Bloke - i said i was f'ing filling up with fuel
Women - it don't take a f'ing hour to fill up you tw@
Bloke - you do it etc etc
Women - you f liar, you f'ing someone

Me and my misses just think to ourselves, no love you were the one who used to f 3 or 4 blokes at a time upstairs in your flat while going out with 2 different blokes at the same time, who weren't involved in these bang sessions hahaha!!

On a flip side though we did have a bloke beat his misses up with an oven dish end of last year. He was sentenced to a a couple years inside HMP. But lawyers said its more like 6 month with good behaviour. He went inside and constantly harassed her and rang her etc. He was a drug dealer around the area, handy to have him thiugh as he knew everyone and he was a tough lad so area was always safe. As he didnt take crap. But she missed some court hearing or something because she couldn't get there and she said thats made him serve less time inside, she moved shortly after, didn't blame her. Haven't seen him though so prob trying to find her. They had 4 kids together. Nice to see the full force of the law working for people of this country.

See why i really dont see what we pay for??? If it was a private company we would stop using them, end of

Its a LOVELY area. Literally a small little village BUT we have a huge influx of people coming over into our area, we've now seen 3 people stabbed in last 1.5 year's just down my road, 2 people raped. It's only a small village FFS

D41

Post by D41 »

Three people stabbed & two people raped??
Yes, it certainly sounds lovely. A proper Shangri-La.