What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by duke63 »

How would you get a prosecution if the victim does not admit to being a victim though? Can they be forced to testify and even if they did, can a court take their evidence as a true fact?
TriumphFan
Your Bike: Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports

Post by TriumphFan »

Usually what happens is that victim will give statement at time of offence as they are pissed off/angry, and/or there is other evidence available to support offence having been committed.

Once case gets to court, usually after a number of months, often the case victim and accused are living together (unless conditions placed upon them restrict that, but even then, that doesn’t stop this) and victim no longer wishes to give evidence as they are all lovey dovey again......until the next time, and the whole circus starts again of course.

Prosecutor can lead the statement taken at time along with officer taking to corroborate in court.

I’ve sat through countless, often serious cases, where partners have sat in box and refused to answer questions. There is no power to compel a spouse to give evidence (not sure about England....).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

You'll be surprised how many attackers admit to it as well. Most of them don't think they've done anything wrong.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

The freaking weather back home... dealt with the fires, took that one the nose, oh ok lets flood and isolate my community, took that on the chin.

tonight, a massive storm front has torn through, trees down, roofs blown off, power all out, massive damage reported in my suburb and over wider Sydney.

Still out at work till till tomorrow so i have no idea of the condition of my place. Usually my neighbours would let me know, but they have no power and no cell phone reception, so I can't contact them.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/weat ... 5423h.html
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote:The freaking weather back home... dealt with the fires, took that one the nose, oh ok lets flood and isolate my community, took that on the chin.

tonight, a massive storm front has torn through, trees down, roofs blown off, power all out, massive damage reported in my suburb and over wider Sydney.

Still out at work till till tomorrow so i have no idea of the condition of my place. Usually my neighbours would let me know, but they have no power and no cell phone reception, so I can't contact them.

Feck me Dude, what next Locust or Fish?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Monty wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:The freaking weather back home... dealt with the fires, took that one the nose, oh ok lets flood and isolate my community, took that on the chin.

Feck me Dude, what next Locust or Fish?
Oh I forgot to mention we had series of minor earthquakes a couple of days after i got out to work last week as well

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... wellbrook/

That epicentre was only 100 km north of us, was only minor ones compared to what I'm used to in NZ but still (gah)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

FFS just stop fecking raining. (yawn) (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:FFS just stop fecking raining. (yawn) (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain)
My neighbour's rainwater runs into her mains drains (rather than being separately dispersed), and it's been such torrential downpours that her system couldn't cope.
She called Deany to ask if I would look at her toilet," because it wasn't working properly", and when I went round & lifted the manhole cover that was full to the brim.! (doh)
I did try rodding it for her, but all 50x of my rods did not reach to any obstruction.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

It's stopped raining here but the wind is up and I am getting my exercise by trying to keep the bins in our own garden, not really a biking for fun day.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

St Marks in "rodding my neighbour's filthy back drain" shocker
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:St Marks in "rodding my neighbour's filthy back drain" shocker
:D
Just developed for you.:
StM is now messing round with that neighbours hole...:

duke63

Post by duke63 »

That’s a gaping gash.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Snowing in Brum. (facepalm)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

(gah) (gah) Everyone else in a car or bus or truck around me today...... They are all fecking useless !!!! Impatient, and downright dangerous....

Had a guy who clearly drives blind or chose to not see me, then stops in my way rolls down window and gets ready for a row, I was busy, too busy for this shit, and told him he was a Cnut and I did not have time to waste rowing with him. however if he wanted to continue meet me back here at 7 tonight !
Fecking twat..... ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! These people ! (gah) (gah) (facepalm)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

£50 sez you don't show up. :D (devil) :D
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Ha ha I did, its on the way home, and to be fair after the shit day, I was hoping the twat was there.
So stick 50 into your favourite charity box on my behalf :)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

F**king Qantas baggage handlers.

Our flight from Perth was delayed an hour and a half due to a major storm cell rolling through. Completely fair enough. But what isn’t is the fact it seems they left my bag out in it and everything in it is soaked. Actual pools of water in my bag. Luckily all my electronics were in my carry on, but all my receipts for meals for the week to claim from work were in the checked luggage and completely destroyed (gah)

Jess’ bag must have been shielded by other bags, was a bit damp on the outside but everything inside was ok
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:F**king Qantas baggage handlers.

Our flight from Perth was delayed an hour and a half due to a major storm cell rolling through. Completely fair enough. But what isn’t is the fact it seems they left my bag out in it and everything in it is soaked. Actual pools of water in my bag. Luckily all my electronics were in my carry on, but all my receipts for meals for the week to claim from work were in the checked luggage and completely destroyed (gah)

Jess’ bag must have been shielded by other bags, was a bit damp on the outside but everything inside was ok
Shit news, that's piss poor handling. I do the same with the electronics in my carry on, it always seems a sensible option to me, for this exact reason. Hope you popped by their complaints office and told them you were unhappy

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

(rain) (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain) just fook off (swear)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Cnuts who drive into the side of you, ring the police first, make an insurance claim for all sorts of bullsh!t and 2.5 years later are victorious in 2 court cases on this one claim. I lose my NCB, my insurer paid out £25,333 meanwhile the other guy is laughing to the bank with his pay out for knee injury and 2 claims of whiplash plus psychological help. His knee wasn't injured when he was running down the road with his passenger to both sides of my car! I thought they were crash for cashers or car jackers at the time. I was still recovering from my ACL rupture and was in no fit state to defend myself which is why I drove off, immediately calling the police.

I am beyond livid! He used chevrons to overtake despite me indicating (when I didn't need to), checking both mirrors and following my lane into the 2nd lane. Fcuking bellend!