What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Blade »

Monty wrote:Motorcycle charging systems! FFS it's not rocket science, so why can't they just make something reliable that manages voltages?

Just replaced the rectifier only to find the starter relay/switch fried! Cnut Bubble!
How long have you had the bike now Monty ???

You've had a fair few nigglely little issues and even if the warranty has expired if bought from a dealer it should be fit for purpose or they have to rectify and I think you have 6 months.

I think from memory its the Sale of Goods Act that offers you this protection.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Blade wrote:
Monty wrote:Motorcycle charging systems! FFS it's not rocket science, so why can't they just make something reliable that manages voltages?

Just replaced the rectifier only to find the starter relay/switch fried! Cnut Bubble!
How long have you had the bike now Monty ???

You've had a fair few nigglely little issues and even if the warranty has expired if bought from a dealer it should be fit for purpose or they have to rectify and I think you have 6 months.

I think from memory its the Sale of Goods Act that offers you this protection.
14 months!

It's been a crock of sh!te to be frank! Least reliable bike I've ever owned, and I once owned a Suzuki.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Get rid of it. It sounds like one of those bikes that's never going to be 100%. We've all owned one. It takes the fun out of biking.

Come join the triple gang. We'll let you in.
Monty

Post by Monty »

Kwacky wrote:Get rid of it. It sounds like one of those bikes that's never going to be 100%. We've all owned one. It takes the fun out of biking.

......... or maybe a twin.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 500&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Try one first. I've heard a few people find it a bit bland.
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

Monty wrote:
Kwacky wrote:Get rid of it. It sounds like one of those bikes that's never going to be 100%. We've all owned one. It takes the fun out of biking.

......... or maybe a twin.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 500&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I had one of those once as a loaner while the RSV4 was being serviced, an absolute hoot it was round London.
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

That does look like it'd be a blast.
Monty

Post by Monty »

12 litre tank though, might get a bit annoying.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

There you go.....complain about the EU in one thread, then start talking about "litres" and other EU nonsense in another.
Blade

Post by Blade »

It's weird the tank is in litres but we all still use mpg as a fuel consumption guide.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Blade wrote:It's weird the tank is in litres but we all still use mpg as a fuel consumption guide.
Perhaps when we've brought our way out of Europe, you'll be able to get an electronic adaption so that the tank reads in gallons.?
The price per Gallon may may you think twice about any rideouts though, £ 5 10s 9d at current rates (prices will go up)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Bloody pedestrians.

I've had a run of people stepping out in front of my while I'm driving or walking behind me even though I'm backing out of a carpark spot. More than once in the last week I've had to swerve or emergency brake to avoid hitting people. The whole 'if I don't look your way you don't exist' mentality when crossing the road is very frustrating. I even had a lady walk down the side of my car as I was backing out of a park then swing a turn right behind me. When I braked and tooted she gave me the bird. So tempted to just give them next one a nudge.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

kiwikrasher wrote:Bloody pedestrians.

I've had a run of people stepping out in front of my while I'm driving or walking behind me even though I'm backing out of a carpark spot. More than once in the last week I've had to swerve or emergency brake to avoid hitting people. The whole 'if I don't look your way you don't exist' mentality when crossing the road is very frustrating. I even had a lady walk down the side of my car as I was backing out of a park then swing a turn right behind me. When I braked and tooted she gave me the bird. So tempted to just give them next one a nudge.
Fwiw on Sunday as I was driving down a city street, a bloke pushing a pram stepped out in front of me. He had been walking out of a side street & was so engaged with looking at the phone in his right hand that he walked straight out, pushing his offspring with his left.
I reckon that if it hadn't been for the fact that my motorcycling habits make me hyper aware of "danger springing", Darwin's theory would have stolen a march.
The idiot didn't even look apologetic or upset, just confused.! (headbang)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

In most cases I keep going but that's only because I back out gingerly anyway - there are too many blind spots when it comes to pedestrians in car parks.

It is frustrating but to me it is nothing compared to people pushing the pram into the road before they then look to see if it's clear
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cav wrote:In most cases I keep going but that's only because I back out gingerly anyway - there are too many blind spots when it comes to pedestrians in car parks.

It is frustrating but to me it is nothing compared to people pushing the pram into the road before they then look to see if it's clear

I back out gingerly too mate, I have a 4wd and I'm petrified of backing over a kid. It has reverse sensors but you still have to be cautious. If I'd kept going with that chick I would have bowled her.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

kiwikrasher wrote:Bloody pedestrians.

Ha, welcome to my daily commute. It happens at least once a day in London, usually pillocks with headphones in glued to their phones. Usually cycling right up to them and asking "do you not like life or something" really confuses them..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D41

Post by D41 »

Blade wrote:It's weird the tank is in litres but we all still use mpg as a fuel consumption guide.
Well.....you started off with MPG and now prolly just transpose over without even thinking about it.

It probably doesn't help that we use miles-per-gallon and then the Europeans use litres-per-100km....it's all front-to-back.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Someone booking me in for a telephone conference at 5pm and it taking close to 3 hours. Fecking arses
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Someone keeps opening the front windows down by our main door. I think it's the people upstairs because they are too hot but their idoits...cold air sinks so as I'm on the bottom floor we get the cold air. Plus it's a security risk as it's an easy enterance.

Really getting fed up of living in an apartment

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Blade

Post by Blade »

John Lewis rang me an hour ago to say they would be no more than 30 minutes.

The place I ordered some cctv cameras from a week go have just emailed me to say they have none so will refund me but I need them his weekend so that is no good really.

Item I ordered on ebay is 10 days later in arriving and despite sending 3 emails I've had no reply.

I don't know why I try to be so organised when the world is full of cluster fooks who don't think twice about letting you down or making false commitment's.